Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!

AnjelWolf

Ok...several months ago I got seriously ill with pneumonia and it came out that I simply did not have a regular doctor because I have a hard time trusting them and prefer to heal myself.

Finally...AFTER KW, ARABI and several others on here gave me a shitload of grief about NOT having a regular doctor I went to one.

I got over the pneumonia and went to the follow-up appointments (AFTER giving him a serious scolding of "Ok doc...this is the deal...I am a traditional witch who works very well with herbs and my other stuff to keep myself alive and breathing plus on top of the fact that I REALLY don't like modern doctors because you guys appear to want to solve everything with synthetic pills and shit. So if you are going to start ripping me out about me doing herbs, which I have been working for well over 10 years mind you...and my other stuff then let me know right now because we have nothing more to disucss!"

THAT was our first encounter (Dr. Norris and myself LOL).

I had blood tests taken last week and today Dr. Norris called me personally to tell me that not only is my blood work extremely healthy...but if I were to SELL my cholesterol on EBAY I would NEVER have to work again! Everything is good in me...except...

the damn cysts in my left breast (which honestly he thinks it related to stress...me??? STRESSED???!!!! Naawwwwww....can't believe it!!! LOL!!!), in which he wants me to go see a breast surgeon.

I made an appointment for the 27th to have my first meeting with this one. I can guarantee you this doc WILL get pretty much the same lecture as I gave Dr. Norris.

But...overall...my point here is this.

Doing my own herbs and following my own routine is apparently working just fine for me...this witch is perfectly normal...whatever the hell THAT is! LOL!!!

Very cool! Now can you set me up with a herbal routine lol I need to be healthy I keep getting sick! lol Well at least your healthy. Im glad to hear the cyst is only stress-related and nothing more serious.

Great job being honest with him. Now you know he is a doctor you can use. Also, great job on taking such good care of yourself. That doesnt suprise me though.

As for the appointment, You better let us know how it goes.

Rebie

I will...I have quit caffiene for several months...no sugar (actually I have deleted sugar completely from my diet except for the ocassional honey and/or sugarcane from my own backyard)...it's just the stress I need to work on...wait let me re-wrod it...I NEED TO BEAT MY DAUGHTERS BETTER! LOL~

I am glad you are keeping well Anjel. Good luck with the breast doc. My friend got diagnosed with a cyst and had it all sorted quite quickly and easily I hope for the same for you and at least you wont have to worry about getting another flare up:hugs:

Great job being honest with him. Now you know he is a doctor you can use. Also, great job on taking such good care of yourself. That doesn't surprise me though.

As for the appointment, You better let us know how it goes.

Rebie

Yeah and I was very direct and upfront about everything as soon as I walked into his office BEFORE he laid a finger on me. He told me he respected that and didn't have a problem me doing my herbs and all as long as I am healthy.

So this guy is a keeper :)

A whole lot better than my LAST gyn doctor who I kicked in the face once during my gyn exam...I bet THAT doc won't forget me anytime soon LOL!

wow Anjel! thats a really inspiring story!!!

See this is how i want to be, not having to rely on doctors and other medical practitioners, i too dont trust doctors ( too many misdiagnosis's as well as wrong tablets being prescribed leading to really harsh side effects)

Nower days i find if i listen and trust my body, it will tell me what i need....its so good to see proof of this with other people!

With the cyst i found this and thought you might be interested...you are probably doing this already but It had a few remedies that may help:)

I really hope things go well with the cyst and will send some healing thoughts your way!

Another probable cause of breast cyst formation and one of the contributing factors is a deficiency in one of the essential fatty acid, gammalinolenic acid or (GLA), which is used as a raw material in the formation of a hormone like substance known as prostaglandin in the body. This hormone-like substance or prostaglandin, is also though to play a role in the onset of breast disease, since a dietary supplement consisting of evening primrose oil, which is a very rich source of GLA, is beneficial and often very helpful in the therapeutic process.

Other compounds such as Methylxanthines, that are found in abundance especially in beverages like coffee and also in black tea, and in some amounts in colas and chocolate, have been shown by research to be linked to the development of breast cysts and the appearance of breast cyst is usually greater in women who have a higher consumption of these substances. There are other reasons for the appearance of breast cyst which includes the lack of iodine in the diet, the lack of this mineral in the body can manifest itself in many easy one of which is to cause symptoms of an under active thyroid, and this under activity of the thyroid is also known to be a cause of breast cyst formation.

Other physical and artificial reasons also exist for the formation of breast cyst, one of which is the wearing of brassieres, which can restrict circulation of the lymph in the lymphatic vessels, and can thus block or slow the removal of wastes through the lymphatic system. Women who wear brassieres the whole day long, are susceptible to constriction of lymph glands, and especially in case of those women who wear constricting types of brassieres such as under wire and throughout the night, are the most susceptible to breast cyst formation in middle age.

Supplements and herbs

Many types of herbal supplements have provided women suffering from the discomfort of breast cyst, that?s is herbal remedies have been successful in dealing with and providing relief from pain and discomfort caused by the cyst, these herbal remedies however, should be combined with changes in diet and lifestyle. Particularly important and effective in this regard are vitamin E and evening primrose oil taken as supplements with the diet.

Among the two, evening primrose oil is especially beneficial. It provides the essential fatty acid GLA necessary to fight and soothe the inflammation, and the pain and swelling in the breast caused by the formation of breast cyst. It is therefore advisable to take this supplement along with a balanced diet for at least several months in order to improve its efficacy. The beneficial effects of vitamin E has also been observed in a great many cases where it has been used as a dietary supplement.

One of the reasons for you, feeling sluggish may be due to improper functioning of the thyroid gland, the thyroxine production and therefore the thyroid gland function may be low. The seaweed also known as kelp stimulates the thyroid and will aid and relieve breast problems related to a low thyroid function, and even help in the lessening of pain due to swollen breast cysts.

One of the water B-complex vitamins also called vitamin B6 can help in the reducing the size and swelling of breast when encystment has occurred and if the symptoms is associated with the other imbalances hormonal or otherwise in the body due to PMS. Pyridoxine-vitaminB6 is essential in the fight against breast cyst formation and those who lack the enzyme necessary to convert B6 to its active ingredient are advised to take, pyridoxal-S-phosphate (P-S-P) along with the diet as this phosphate is recommended. By taking this supplement for a period of ten days or two weeks before the menstrual period or during the cycle, many of the symptoms and soreness inherent in breast cyst formation can be minimized. In any case, a vitamin B complex should also be added to the normal to ensure a healthy balance of B vitamins, which are essential components of the human body and perform other functions beside those listed.

Other water based vitamins like vitamin C, the fat soluble substance beta-carotene and the trace mineralzinc are also good dietary supplements, and can aid in vastly reducing symptoms of breast cysts and swelling etc. It has also been shown that they may help in decreasing the probability of the incidence of breast cancer. These, listed above, should be taken in conjunction with the other supplements, and most mineral products.

Many of the herbal remedies aid in regulating hormonal levels within the body, this is important because a fluctuation of hormonal levels is often the primary cause of breast cyst development.

There are many ways to combine your diet with these herbs, depending on which part of the body you want to stimulate in the therapeutic process, for example in order to normalize and stimulate hormonal function, it is a good idea to take diluted in water ten drops of tincture of chaste tree every morning in the 2nd half of the cycle. Then combine with vitamin B6 and oil of evening primrose to increase the effect.

A glandular stimulant such as poke root can also be used. A puree of poke root along with olive oil can be used as a poultice for topical application on the breasts. You can also try applying packs made of the leaves herbs such as marigold, comfrey, and raspberry. Even common celery leaves that have been boiled in milk can work toward cyst healing. A very simple remedy is the use of raw cabbage leaves as a liner within the brassiere.

What else you can do

To get rid of soreness in the breast and to relieve the resultant pain, a simple remedy is the application of a compress made out of ground carrot, onto to the breast as a topical salve for about twenty minutes, this followed afterward with a gentle rinsing done with cold water in a bracing mixture with 90% alcohol, this rinsing and sprinkling will greatly aid in the alleviation of the soreness. It is also best to wear loose, light and comfortable clothing preferably of natural fabric such as cotton. Circulation and blood flow can be greatly hampered by brassieres that are too tight or do not fit well, tight clothing of any sort can easily hinder lymph flow and cause blocks in the lymphatic system, which is a very important detoxification channel in the human body. It is known that tight fitting and constricting brassieres may lead to some types of breast cancer, due to constriction and such blockages has been linked to some usual types of breast cancer. Self-examination and regular self-monitoring is an easy way to get an early warning on lumps and cyst formation. Such self-monitoring coupled with a good exercise regimen aids in stimulating blood circulation, and the body finds it easier to rid itself of toxins accumulated in the blood. Aerobic exercises are the best way to get a fit and healthy start on the occurrence of illness in the human body. Other remedies like the topical administration of natural progesterone creams can help in greatly, reducing many of the symptoms associated with cyst and breast lump formation, a healthy lifestyle also precludes such illnesses common in woman such as ovarian cysts, it also aids in fluid retention and in the prevention of vaginal dryness-which may have other causes besides physical ones. Natural progesterone creams come packed with various herbs that can shoot up the levels of progesterone in the body. By the elimination of brassieres from their closets, many women have experienced relief. By choosing other options such as camisoles or even good fitting sport bras, physical discomfort can be greatly lessened.

Usual dosage

• Evening primrose oil, 2x500 mg capsules 3 times a day
  • Kelp, 1 table spoon
  • Vitamin B complex, 100 mg
  • Vitamin B6, 150 mg
  • Vitamin E, with mixed tocopherols, 400-800 IU
  • Vitamin C, with bioflavonoids, 1,000 mg 1 to 3 times a day
  • P-5-p, 100 mg
  • Beta-carotene, 30,000 IU in divided doses
  • Zinc, 15 mg, with 3 mg copper

Wow...this is a really good article and very informative as well :) thank you :)

I quit caffiene and sugars a while back. I rarely wear a bra (just ask KW and Arabi LOL). I've always have had a serious problem with cysts in my breasts but lately it has been alot worst in pain...that's why one doc THINKS it could be related to stress.

I DO lilke the suggestions in this artivle and will try them as well...never thought of carrots honestly LOL!

Will keep you posted :)

Thanks!!! :)

Archived