• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:01 PM

Is there any way we could load sound files onto the site? Reason being I'd love to hear what people's voices sound like. You get a mental image from some of the posts and of course those brave enough to upload photos can be pictured clearly! I picture Anjel with a good ole southern accent, Sandy is sexy...naturally, Droghon scottish?!! Marshy a touch of the Lancashire lilt, Darkmere is deep and authoritative, Wortmistress and Bethra have lovely lilting Welsh voices and sound as if they are singing rather than talking, Storm is electric, Scott is antipodean actually Maori? and Ora has a gentle voice with loads of colour in it. Wickedstitch is motherly and clever. LOL! Droghon & Sandy perhaps if it is possible we could each be saying a favoirite chant or reading a piece of fav. text. Does anyone have different images of people's voices?
:grphug2:

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#2 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:12 PM

aawww great idea!!! Sandy has called me on the phone and so has already heard my voice (yes I am southern LOL). and yes...Sandy is sexy as hell (as well as funny with her accent LOL). I would love to hear everyones voice as well!!! I just got done changing my profile pic with a pic I took this morning and am STILL fighting with trying to download that flash thing...so yeah just let me know where to sign up LOL

#3 Marshy

Marshy

Eternal Seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:55 PM

Intersting concept ladies. Dont know how I get a Lancashire accent though, I live within five miles of where I was born in South Lincolnshire, actually I dont have a Lincolnshire accent as such, I live so close to the county boundaries I have a strange mix of Lincolnshie, Cambridgeshire and Norfolk! Can only imagine the others apart from Sandy and she sounds like an angel and she knows that is how I see her, although I know when she reads this I may get a twang from her Blackthorn! :patsch: :cool:
Hal wes u, folde, fira modor ! Marshy :flyaway:

#4 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:00 PM

Yeah Sandy does give off that image of a "good little Catholic girl" now doesnt she?! LOL!!! Just joking Sandy!!! Luv you!!! LOL!!!

#5 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

Greetings All,

that's not a bad idea! I quickly looked to see if there was an existing addin that would allow that .. seems others have asked the same question on other forums recently. And noone has an addin as yet from what I've seen.

We can upload sound files, but we need to take a look at it and find a way of allowing you to put them into your Profiles for instance.

We'll look into this and see if we can come up with something.

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#6 Guest_wortmistress_*

Guest_wortmistress_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:27 AM

I wish I did have a lovely welsh accent! However, I hail from Bedfordshire, had been living in Northampton for 8 years and am married to a Rugbyite. Therefore, my accent is a bit strange. But I am a mistress of cunning and can change my accent, especially when singing!!:)

#7 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:04 AM

Greetings All

Maori (!?) tee hee ... funnily enough most people tend to think I sound "English" bearing in mind that it is not an accent as such but rather what many people over here seem to THINK "English" people sound like. Then of course there are the Eng people who think I sound american.

BUT THEN AGAIN ... I do get a very ocker twang esp when I am joking and I DO pick up virtually any accent I hear for anything over five minutes when talking to people! Can be disturbing ... hell I have been known to pick up accents from watching a movie! I suppose my very Vaudevillian life and expression doesn't help!

Imagine for example in my senior high school year living in the same house as a German Beer House Waitress, an Austrian Pastry Chef and a Japanese Teppen Chef .. for 6 months I spoke the house mish mash and had to remind myself to speak english when I went to school!

Ahhh gypsy boy me .. who do I want to be today? (To Quote the ol Boingo song!) I think the idea of some sort of audio file is a good one and will surely help us all follow eachother to know how people actually talk (I for one tend to type very much like I talk ... yes .. even underwater!LOL)

Fraternally

Scott

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!

#8 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

Hi Scott...my husband can pick up any accent as well and change his speaking style (which is weird at times LOL). Me...as I said before...I am southern...I tried to hide it for the longest time...and I have been able to modify it to an extent so others know what I am saying...but when I am drunk or very emotional (whether angry, hurt and scared) it comes 100% full bloom DEEP southern twang!!! LOL!!!

#9 DarkMere

DarkMere

Searcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:31 PM

Don't mind the sound file, just don't ask me to sing :)

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

#10 DarkMere

DarkMere

Searcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:34 PM

Also, I tend to find with sound files and with picture of people you have never seen or heard before, but with whom you have been in contact with on the net. They hardly ever fit my minds eye image.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

#11 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

Greetings All

Perhaps the file could be our personal sigs at the the bottom? Also AW I know the deal all too well and have you noted that irrlevant of context when you really GOT to let fly at someone it is never as satisfying as when it is in the tones you grew up with!?

I am also fascinated by the fact that some words seem only to sound "right" when said in certain accents ... Droghon will no doubt find it amusing for example that I think that the word "Scrotum"; I find it really only sounds right in a thick Scottish brogue while the shortened version (as in the epithet: "You miserable old SRCROTE!") only really hits the mark in a pseudo Cockney accent! *Shrugs*

Wierd stuff language ... LOL

Fraternally

Scott

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!

#12 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:14 PM

I can just picture you and Droghon growling "SRCROTE" at someone LOL!!! And yes...when I am fired up (with my hands on my hips and my feet planted firmly on the ground) I tend to accent certain foul words with my depest southern accent to emphasies my point LOL!

#13 Bethra

Bethra

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:24 AM

*chuckles* Like Wortmistress said I don't sound very Welsh either. Though I was born and bread here up in the North on the coast we don't generally have that lilting Welsh accent. Apparently I sound more cultured Northern than anything else. The singy songy lilting Welsh accent is generally found down in the South of Wales. This happens to be a bit of a bug bear for me coming as I do from the North since it is only in recent years they have begun to teach Welsh again in the South of Wales and yet it's that accent everyone tends to think of as "Welsh" LOL.

:yingyang: Id quot circumiret, circumveniat. :yingyang:

#14 Storm

Storm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:19 AM

my accent is a new york city mixed with a north carolina combo lol. and don't make me talk spanish. lol
If you don't live for something, you die for nothing

#15 Ora

Ora

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:53 AM

People have said that I have a calming voice, but its not really soft. I have found I can sort of hypnotize men with it though...like the Pied Piper story. Not my husband, of course, as I am defenseless against him for some reason.

I do laugh loudly. I tried to keep it in and make it cute for a long time but when you are really humored, there it is larger than life, and eventually I got old enough to just let it all out.

#16 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:45 PM

there is nothing wrong with laughing loudly...it shows you are full of life :)

#17 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:45 PM

Well I'm still looking for a way to get the sound files into the profile or signature. Everywhere I look people are saying 'yeah great idea' whoever when they try to figure out how, the response is, as Captain Jack Sparrow would say .. 'Oh Bugger!' LMAO

Someone will figure it out though, and then we will swoop and grab the hack LMAO

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#18 Enodia

Enodia

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:48 AM

Hope it's okay to ask: Did anyone ever find a way to post the sound files?
"it is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

#19 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

We did, but it is in the private members area. 

For those who can access:

http://www.tradition...-we-sound-like/

As for the seekers, it will be something to look forward to!

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.