The Complete Magician's Tables

AnjelWolf

ISBN:978-0-7387-1164-5

AUTHOR: STEPHEN SKINNER

I recently purchased this book and have to tell you I have been unable to put it down yet!

This is the END ALL of books when it comes to magic, kabbala, angel & demons, astrology, alchemy, geomantcy, variety of grimoires (way too many to list right now LOL), germatria, I-ching, tarot, pagan pantheons, plants, perfumes and character correspondences, buddaism, christianity, islamic arabic magic, herbs, mind, body and spirit...plus alot more!!!!

Overall this book holds over 777 tables!

I have been able to include this in my teachings as well.

It isn't cheap (cost me around $45.00) but it is very well worth it!!!

If you are just learning...this might be a bit much for you...but for those of you who are well into your craft...then by all means go out and get this book.

Yeah guys this even have detailed infomration about the Masons :) everything from the grades/officers...etc.

I only wished I had found this book YEARS ago...it would have saved me soooooooooooooooooo much time LOL

Another one on my wish list.......I've got to stop coming here.....keep finding more books to buy. I'm running out of room in the house. Wonder if the local library would like a donation? LOL

Another one on my wish list.......I've got to stop coming here.....keep finding more books to buy. I'm running out of room in the house. Wonder if the local library would like a donation? LOL

ROFLMAO! Oh yeah I would LOVE to see their faces when you give them THIS book LOL!

Not this one.....some that I bought that are beginner Wiccan that I'm looking to pass off. Those I do not want anymore. My newer ones I'll keep!!! :flyaway:

Not this one.....some that I bought that are beginner Wiccan that I'm looking to pass off. Those I do not want anymore. My newer ones I'll keep!!! :flyaway:

Do you use any of the book swapping websites, Morgana? I've found quite a few interesting books on them, myself. :pumpkin:

Ooh, I am probably going to pick this book up. They have a great deal on it at buy.com-- I could pick it up for about $20. Is it current and pretty easy to read; well layed-out?

Yes it is current and somewhat hard to read if you are a beginner...but even if you are...just take it slow and read alittle at a time.

But truthfully this is one hell of a book to place in your collection. The information is vast and I simply couldn't list everything here.

Anjel, thank you for sharing this book with us. I'll look forward to turning the pages a few at a time. Now if the hubby can get back to work so I can treat myself to a little something extra!

wow thats a pretty cool looking site. I can't tallk up about this book enough honestly. I just wish I had found it years ago. The information is intense and alphabetized...covers damn near everhything you can think of...what really blows me away about this book is that it IS so incrediably loaded with solid information. My current students want this book and I have urged them to go purchase their own so that they can learn more as they advance as well. Think of a topic related to spirtuality and I damn near guarantee it is in this book.

• 3 weeks later...

I went into TK Max today, sort of a jumble shop, lol. I was browsing round and came across a book called the The Magician's Tables: The Complete Book of Correspondences. I remember this thread and having a flick through thought it looked pretty good. however when I got it home and started to read more into it something didn't add up and I had a Google of the book found out it wasn't the same one as you mentioned. So my next stop was Amazon. There I found the guy that had written the proper book, the one I mistook this for, had left a review for the one I had.

He gave it 1 star and wrote:

This book appears to be a complete rip-off of the much larger and more comprehensive "Complete Magician's Tables" by Stephen Skinner published in 2006 by Golden Hoard Press and Llewellyn, even down to mis-appropriating the original book's title! The contents appear to be a subset of the original book.

So it seems as if the book I brought was just a VERY watered down version of his one. I'm getting Chris to take it back on Monday and I'm putting the money towards buying the proper one from Amazon!

Terri

• 2 months later...

I don't have that one, but I have these other two (they're nice but cheaper):

"The Magician's Tables: A Complete Book of Correspondences" by Alan Richardson

http://www.amazon.com/Magicians-Tables-Complete-Book-Correspondences/dp/1841812358/ref=pd_sim_b_img_48 and

"Grimoire of Magickal Correspondences" by Eileen Holland

http://www.amazon.com/Hollands-Grimoire-Magickal-Correspondences-Handbook/dp/1564148319/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210897487&sr=8-1

But I'm confused - I bought these books as "just in case", back when I was in my searching/groping days. I figured they'd help in creating spells.

However, I thought I'd just read somewhere that Trad Witchcraft doesn't rely quite so much on the correspondences, the way Wicca does. (A lot of the stuff in those books is Ceremonial Magick related.)

Of course, the site I saw that on isn't necessarily the end-all authority either! ;)

I'm trying to find where I read that .. AHA! That blue-moon-manor site!

http://www.blue-moon-manor.com/articles/compared-to-wicca.html

Nevermind then? .. :brickwall:

I the book I have goes beyond the ones you posted. It has a list of demoins, angels, alchemy, etc.

However, I thought I'd just read somewhere that Trad Witchcraft doesn't rely quite so much on the correspondences, the way Wicca does. (A lot of the stuff in those books is Ceremonial Magick related.)

I think you will find Grymdycche that a traditional witch will use whatever works.

You will see from one member's post on another thread that they consider blood draws negative energy, whilst other witches here feel blood is a powerful, positive tool when working. So, each witch creates their own correspondences. That said, it doesn't stop them borrowing from others, either. ;)

I think you will find Grymdycche that a traditional witch will use whatever works.

You will see from one member's post on another thread that they consider blood draws negative energy, whilst other witches here feel blood is a powerful, positive tool when working. So, each witch creates their own correspondences. That said, it doesn't stop them borrowing from others, either. ;)

Very well spoken :) Thank you :)

Greetings All

Anj, I saw this in a bookshop about a year ago and all I can say is it is good I had no money - it is a damn sexy colation that is fer damn sure.

You have my unvarnished envy ... lol

Fraternally

Scott

Thank you AC, I'm relieved to hear that.

Honestly, I didn't know why a site would say that correspondences don't matter. Those of us who are really into Bonewits (like I am) hold that the magical Law of Association is one of the cornerstones of magic(k), and without correspondences, it just .. well, kinda doesn't work. :)

BTW, you answer a lot of my questions, and I really do appreciate the help.:thankyou:

Grettings G.

Thank you AC, I'm relieved to hear that.

Honestly, I didn't know why a site would say that correspondences don't matter. Those of us who are really into Bonewits (like I am) hold that the magical Law of Association is one of the cornerstones of magic(k), and without correspondences, it just .. well, kinda doesn't work. :)

On that score I think I'd be more inclined to pay attention to the alleged fourth book of Agrippa (I say alleged though I have no problem with it being attributed to the Agrippan Scool - I think it was his pupil that wrote it but now I am getting off track) than Bonewits.

A good abridged version can be found in Idres Shah's Secret Lore of Magic (I think that is the name) and a longer copy at: http://www.esotericarchives.com/agrippa/agrippa4.htm

Personally I think it is an excellent guide for the advanced practitioner myself. Of course there are lots of Laws (word should be considered in the scientific definition sense) and who else .. umm well of course Frazer (if you have the patience) screeds on it. I am pretty sure umm Many Hall does as well and oh ... Black Arts by Cavendish had some good streamlining too (from memory). I had a list I made at one time or another of the major Laws and Sublaws though I don't remember where it came frome - all over these three and more probably lol, I should see if I can't dredge it up.

Fraternally

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Scott.

Are those books meant to be read in order, or they are more like reference works, get what you need where ever it may be? I tend to get OCD over stuff like that - but more of a self imposed disciplinary measure.

Archived