Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgana

Utterly Wicked

I hadn't read this thread before, but go figure - Last night I went to Chapters for a book I needed for teaching English. The other half wandered off, came back with that book in his hand! Too bad I have to brush up on relative clauses today! I can't wait to read it!

You'll love it! Another good book by Morrison is In Praise of the Crone! Lots of good humor for those "older" witches!!!

I have started reading it and parts are very funny. I like alot of her ideas and one I hadn't thought about for a looooooooong time. The quilts.. I do not know why I forgot about using quilts.. I remember a long time ago i was told that quilts in my family were very special and passed down through generations to the new babies for protection and love..my sons was passed down the same way from great great gma... nice reminder!

This is turning out to be a good book.

I have started reading it and parts are very funny. I like alot of her ideas and one I hadn't thought about for a looooooooong time. The quilts.. I do not know why I forgot about using quilts.. I remember a long time ago i was told that quilts in my family were very special and passed down through generations to the new babies for protection and love..my sons was passed down the same way from great great gma... nice reminder!

This is turning out to be a good book.

I make quilts and also make afghans and when I am working on either for someone in particular I am constantly infusing it with intention. I have one quilt that I made for someone and was waiting to give it to them as a gift. Before I gave it, the person became an 'enemy' and I could not give it to them with the good intentions attached. So I gave it to someone else that definitely does deserve the blessings included.

Nice Sophiadawn! I wish I knew how to make quilts.. I never took the time to learn and now I regret it..

if you ever feel like teaching someone let me know :D

I have read the book a few months ago. I like it for the most part. I have gotten some great ideas for future workings.

POTATO CHIP HEX - FOR WORKPLACE WOES

This is to rid your workplace of a nasty boss or colleague

You will need:

* 2 bags of potato chips (crisps for the British!), preferably from the building vending machine if possible

* 3 sachets black pepper

* 1 sticky note

* Black pen

* Stapler

Open both bags to let the air out. Write your enemy's name on the sticky note in black ink, place it in one of the bags, and add the pepper. Sit on one bag to crush the chips. (Move around a little if you need to, as it's imperative that the chips are reduced to crumbs). Retrieve the bag, fold the top three times, and staple several times to secure. Place the bag in your purse, and toss it in a public garbage recepticle after work.

Now eat the other bag of chips. You certainly wouldn't want to appear to be doing anything suspicious at work, would you?!!

;)

LOL! I can imagine the strange looks I'd get if I did this!! Though people already think I am strange enough...:mellow:

This book is going on my wishlist for sure.:vhappywitch:

I am cleaning out my bookshelves (trying to pair it down to 50 or less, lol). I have this book and it's going begging if anyone wants it. With the exception of a couple of dog-ears, it's damn-near new as I didn't care for it and didn't finish reading it.

Reasons I, personally, didn't care for it: It didn't offer anything new for me. It struck me more as a book of spells and how to make a few things and I wasn't looking for that. It seems to borrow from many traditions (which I personally don't) and whereas it might give someone a few ideas and there were some truly funny things in it (like the toilet paper curse lol) to me it doesn't cover connection, delivery (for the most part) and wording is not the way I like it. To me it lacked "tradition" rather than lacking "traditional" and I prefer things of specific tradition. If you're into eclectic traditional craft (which many people are) then you might enjoy it. Anyway, we all know my tastes can be weird, lol, so it's up for grabs if anyone wants it. I'm on a bit of a spring-cleaning roll and going full-steam, so if you want it say so fast becuase everything's getting loaded up in the car to be donated to the library. Just pay for shipping, that's all.

M

lol forgot I had this (kindle or iBooks - I forget) might flick through it later :)

You're tastes aren't weird Michele, it's t'others... :rofl:

I'm so getting that book. Since I've got a NOOK I can upload it in a minute. I bought some of her Fast Cash Oil and boy did it work. I didn't find a hundred dollar bill but I did win a couple of dollars on the scratch off tickets and I was able to get something that I needed. Thanks for the review.