Photo
- - - - -

Utterly Wicked

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#41 TigerLily

TigerLily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:31 PM

Just ordered myself a copy. At first from all of the responses, I had the impression that this was just a "joke" book of sorts. Something just for laughs and one shouldn't really actually take it seriously. I'm glad some of you confirmed that I was mistaken.

#42 sophiadawn

sophiadawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:30 AM

Well, I finished reading the book last night and over all I think it is a keeper. There were a few things here and there that I don't necessarily agree with but I liked the ideas for different hexes, etc and there is a lot to work off of.

#43 Luna

Luna

LunaTechChick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

Well, I finished reading the book last night and over all I think it is a keeper. There were a few things here and there that I don't necessarily agree with but I liked the ideas for different hexes, etc and there is a lot to work off of.

Hi sophia! My thougths exactly. I finished it a couple of weeks ago. I mostly read it to get ANY ideas about hexing, as I never entertained the thought until recently. Gave me some good ideas of constructing a hex or two of my own. ;)

"I'm not saying, I'm just saying..."

#44 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:37 AM

"Utterly Wicked" is truely utterly wicked, it past thru the bit of fire in our house the other day & only the bottom end got scorched.

Sapphire

There might be alittle "dust" on the bottle but it gets sweeter w/ time.

#45 sue_ann

sue_ann

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

Just ordered my copy :dancing: bargain on Amazon can't wait.

#46 sue_ann

sue_ann

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

Received my copy this morning it should be re-titled Utterly Delicious LOL but Oh Dear! I am in the middle of decorating so looks like not much gonna get done today:wickedwitch:

#47 Wollf

Wollf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

What is the potato chip hex by any chance? Not been able to get the book yet.

#48 Patrima

Patrima

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:38 AM

"Utterly Wicked" is truely utterly wicked, it past thru the bit of fire in our house the other day & only the bottom end got scorched.

Sapphire

Wicked indeed! :D

#49 spider*lily

spider*lily

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

What is the potato chip hex by any chance? Not been able to get the book yet.

POTATO CHIP HEX - FOR WORKPLACE WOES

This is to rid your workplace of a nasty boss or colleague

You will need:

* 2 bags of potato chips (crisps for the British!), preferably from the building vending machine if possible

* 3 sachets black pepper

* 1 sticky note

* Black pen

* Stapler

Open both bags to let the air out. Write your enemy's name on the sticky note in black ink, place it in one of the bags, and add the pepper. Sit on one bag to crush the chips. (Move around a little if you need to, as it's imperative that the chips are reduced to crumbs). Retrieve the bag, fold the top three times, and staple several times to secure. Place the bag in your purse, and toss it in a public garbage recepticle after work.

Now eat the other bag of chips. You certainly wouldn't want to appear to be doing anything suspicious at work, would you?!!

;)

#50 Wollf

Wollf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

You will need:

* 2 bags of potato chips (crisps for the British!), preferably from the building vending machine if possible

* 3 sachets black pepper

* 1 sticky note

* Black pen

* Stapler

Open both bags to let the air out. Write your enemy's name on the sticky note in black ink, place it in one of the bags, and add the pepper. Sit on one bag to crush the chips. (Move around a little if you need to, as it's imperative that the chips are reduced to crumbs). Retrieve the bag, fold the top three times, and staple several times to secure. Place the bag in your purse, and toss it in a public garbage recepticle after work.

Now eat the other bag of chips. You certainly wouldn't want to appear to be doing anything suspicious at work, would you?!!

;)

Cheers :) . I bought the book now its quite a good read.

#51 ValarieAnne

ValarieAnne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

I hadn't read this thread before, but go figure - Last night I went to Chapters for a book I needed for teaching English. The other half wandered off, came back with that book in his hand! Too bad I have to brush up on relative clauses today! I can't wait to read it!

#52 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

You'll love it! Another good book by Morrison is In Praise of the Crone! Lots of good humor for those "older" witches!!!
Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#53 SadJamiee

SadJamiee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

read a review a couple of days ago and now i have to pick it up!
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." -
-- Mae West
"It is not my mode of thought that has caused my misfortunes, but the mode of thought of others."
-- Marquis de Sade

#54 WaterWolf83

WaterWolf83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:37 AM

I have started reading it and parts are very funny. I like alot of her ideas and one I hadn't thought about for a looooooooong time. The quilts.. I do not know why I forgot about using quilts.. I remember a long time ago i was told that quilts in my family were very special and passed down through generations to the new babies for protection and love..my sons was passed down the same way from great great gma... nice reminder!

This is turning out to be a good book.

#55 sophiadawn

sophiadawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

I have started reading it and parts are very funny. I like alot of her ideas and one I hadn't thought about for a looooooooong time. The quilts.. I do not know why I forgot about using quilts.. I remember a long time ago i was told that quilts in my family were very special and passed down through generations to the new babies for protection and love..my sons was passed down the same way from great great gma... nice reminder!

This is turning out to be a good book.

I make quilts and also make afghans and when I am working on either for someone in particular I am constantly infusing it with intention. I have one quilt that I made for someone and was waiting to give it to them as a gift. Before I gave it, the person became an 'enemy' and I could not give it to them with the good intentions attached. So I gave it to someone else that definitely does deserve the blessings included.

#56 WaterWolf83

WaterWolf83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

Nice Sophiadawn! I wish I knew how to make quilts.. I never took the time to learn and now I regret it..

if you ever feel like teaching someone let me know :D

#57 Osean

Osean

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:49 AM

I have read the book a few months ago. I like it for the most part. I have gotten some great ideas for future workings.
I am my own evil twin.

#58 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:25 AM

I just ordered the book. I can't wait to get it!
My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#59 Brambles

Brambles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

You will need:

* 3 sachets black pepper

* 1 sticky note

* Black pen

* Stapler

;)

LOL! I can imagine the strange looks I'd get if I did this!! Though people already think I am strange enough...:mellow:
This book is going on my wishlist for sure.:vhappywitch:

“Pay heed to the tales of old wives.
It may well be that they alone keep in memory
what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien.

#60 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,053 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I am cleaning out my bookshelves (trying to pair it down to 50 or less, lol). I have this book and it's going begging if anyone wants it. With the exception of a couple of dog-ears, it's damn-near new as I didn't care for it and didn't finish reading it.

Reasons I, personally, didn't care for it: It didn't offer anything new for me. It struck me more as a book of spells and how to make a few things and I wasn't looking for that. It seems to borrow from many traditions (which I personally don't) and whereas it might give someone a few ideas and there were some truly funny things in it (like the toilet paper curse lol) to me it doesn't cover connection, delivery (for the most part) and wording is not the way I like it. To me it lacked "tradition" rather than lacking "traditional" and I prefer things of specific tradition. If you're into eclectic traditional craft (which many people are) then you might enjoy it. Anyway, we all know my tastes can be weird, lol, so it's up for grabs if anyone wants it. I'm on a bit of a spring-cleaning roll and going full-steam, so if you want it say so fast becuase everything's getting loaded up in the car to be donated to the library. Just pay for shipping, that's all.

M