Photo
- - - - -

Utterly Wicked

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#1 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

On one of the threads the other day, someone list the book Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions. I received it today (I've been some of the books recommended) and I absolutely love this book. I've only read the intro, but I love her writing style. I had a good laugh at this part:

If the last 2 words apply to you, if you can bear the thought of being screwed over one more time, or if you think that every crisi in the world can be solved with love and good will, then take notice. I've written the next line for you:
Close the book now and put it back on the shelf.
This is not a book for those who believe that life can be lived without ever harming anyone. This is not a book for those who are overly concerned with Karma, the Threefold Law, and the Golden Rule. Nor is it a book for the squeamish, the straight-laced, or the easily offended.

I can't wait to get into this further. I think its going to be one of my all time favorites. Thanks to whoever put it in a thread.

:chakrahearts:

Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#2 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:17 AM

On one of the threads the other day, someone list the book Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions. I received it today (I've been some of the books recommended) and I absolutely love this book. I've only read the intro, but I love her writing style. I had a good laugh at this part:

If the last 2 words apply to you, if you can bear the thought of being screwed over one more time, or if you think that every crisi in the world can be solved with love and good will, then take notice. I've written the next line for you:
Close the book now and put it back on the shelf.
This is not a book for those who believe that life can be lived without ever harming anyone. This is not a book for those who are overly concerned with Karma, the Threefold Law, and the Golden Rule. Nor is it a book for the squeamish, the straight-laced, or the easily offended.

I can't wait to get into this further. I think its going to be one of my all time favorites. Thanks to whoever put it in a thread.

:chakrahearts:

Yeah KW, Arabi and myself were one of the first ones to get this book, as the Ms. Morrison was at one of the witch stores in New Orleans. The book is overall alright but is filled with some wiccan stuff.

#3 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:31 AM

I can overlook the Wiccan fluff. I just love they she writes. No bullshit. Wish I had found this before. My poor sister, she's 61 today, she put her car in another ditch today (4x in 2 months) because of the snow storms. She called me at work and asked for help. Anything.....she sick of the tow bills....to protect her and the car. So, I'm sending her a little protection bag.

All the years I've been a witch, she has blown me off as crazy, but boy, when she needs help, she calls.

Earth as Body become Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#4 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:59 AM

I did like the toilet paper hex LOL

#5 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:31 AM

That's it, I gotta get this book!
It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#6 juehoo

juehoo

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

Amazon UK has it for 3.59! :)

#7 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:17 AM

There's a lot of simple hexes in here that I love. You can do some in public that no one knows what the hell you're doing,,,, like the potatoe chip hex!!! :roflhard:
Earth as Body become Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#8 Guest_BRIGHTEYES_*

Guest_BRIGHTEYES_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

just gotta get this book thanks for the post

#9 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:45 PM

Got the book yesterday. Went straight looking for the toilet paper hex. lol
I had to laugh at it.

SapphireMoon

#10 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:14 AM

Isn't it a great book!!!! I love mine!!! :beerchug:
Earth as Body become Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#11 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:47 AM

Just got the chance tonight to really start reading it. Its so good I almost couldnt put it down to get online. lol For me thats saying something. lol
Somethings she writes just make you go " DUH!! Thats so simple why didnt I think of it that way. lol Guess I didnt cause I was reading to much wiccan based & new age stuff. lol

SapphireMoon

#12 Autumn

Autumn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

I just bought Utterly Wicked myself, arrived from Amazon the other day and can't wait to delve into it, it looks great. I have soooo many books to read it's untrue! Shame there isn't a spell to slow down time to give me the chance to read!

#13 Terri

Terri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:31 PM

Shame there isn't a spell to slow down time to give me the chance to read!

I know you were kinda joking here, but I do have something, lol.
I found this many years ago and it's always worked for me. I even get people saying (who don't know I've done it) how slow the time seems to be going, or how I managed to get somewhere very quickly, lol.

All I do is imagine a clock and the second hand getting slower and slower each time I say in my head:

'Time stand still I order you
Minutes go slow until I'm thought
Doing what I need to do
Time stand still I order you'

As I said, its always worked for me, might be worth a go... ;)

Terri

#14 Autumn

Autumn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

Fantastic, thanks for that Terri. I should have know that someone on here would have an answer for that problem! I'll definitely be trying it out, I just never seem to have the time to get everything done. So now I know the secret of those people who just seem to cram so much into their days - I just assumed they were way more organised than me, now I know!! :dancing:

#15 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

'Time stand still I order you
Minutes go slow until I'm thought
Doing what I need to do
Time stand still I order you'
Terri

typo... I do believe that should be through

#16 Terri

Terri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:57 PM

typo... I do believe that should be through

Yes, through :brickwall:

Google spell check let me down =(, lol.

Terri

#17 Guest_Phoenixahi_*

Guest_Phoenixahi_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

toilet paper hex

potato chip hex :rofl:

hahahahahahaa

now I am intrigued

#18 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

I can overlook the Wiccan fluff. I just love they she writes. No bullshit. Wish I had found this before.

Dorothy was my "High Priestess" and is Georgian Trad Wicca, back in 92. She has always been that way, I guess she is why I stayed with wicca so long, she was my example and yes she never had a problem when I got into hexing someone for something. She was at ConVocation 2008 in Troy MI this month and I went with a friend and she was really put off by her. She didn't like the fact that she said Fuck this and that, was too nitty gritty for her and Dorothy smoked! She thought that Dorothy should be a shinny expample of sweet fluffy wiccan goodie two shoes since she is an author. Needless to say, my friendship with this person has come to casual niceity, and I looked around me and found that I am surrounded by people with that attitude! :scared:

They only brought 30 of her books and they were sold in less than an hour. So its still on my wish list.

Startella

#19 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

[...] I went with a friend and she was really put off by her. She didn't like the fact that she said Fuck this and that, was too nitty gritty for her and Dorothy smoked! She thought that Dorothy should be a shinny expample of sweet fluffy wiccan goodie two shoes [...]

Wouldn't that make her "Glenda"?
Posted Image

Sorry. Couldn't resist. hehehe
:wickedwitch:

#20 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

Wouldn't that make her "Glenda"?