Utterly Wicked

Morgana

On one of the threads the other day, someone list the book Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions. I received it today (I've been some of the books recommended) and I absolutely love this book. I've only read the intro, but I love her writing style. I had a good laugh at this part:

If the last 2 words apply to you, if you can bear the thought of being screwed over one more time, or if you think that every crisi in the world can be solved with love and good will, then take notice. I've written the next line for you:

Close the book now and put it back on the shelf.

This is not a book for those who believe that life can be lived without ever harming anyone. This is not a book for those who are overly concerned with Karma, the Threefold Law, and the Golden Rule. Nor is it a book for the squeamish, the straight-laced, or the easily offended.

I can't wait to get into this further. I think its going to be one of my all time favorites. Thanks to whoever put it in a thread.

:chakrahearts:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgana

• sophiadawn

• Luna

• musca

Top Posters In This Topic

On one of the threads the other day, someone list the book Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions. I received it today (I've been some of the books recommended) and I absolutely love this book. I've only read the intro, but I love her writing style. I had a good laugh at this part:

If the last 2 words apply to you, if you can bear the thought of being screwed over one more time, or if you think that every crisi in the world can be solved with love and good will, then take notice. I've written the next line for you:

Close the book now and put it back on the shelf.

This is not a book for those who believe that life can be lived without ever harming anyone. This is not a book for those who are overly concerned with Karma, the Threefold Law, and the Golden Rule. Nor is it a book for the squeamish, the straight-laced, or the easily offended.

I can't wait to get into this further. I think its going to be one of my all time favorites. Thanks to whoever put it in a thread.

:chakrahearts:

Yeah KW, Arabi and myself were one of the first ones to get this book, as the Ms. Morrison was at one of the witch stores in New Orleans. The book is overall alright but is filled with some wiccan stuff.

I can overlook the Wiccan fluff. I just love they she writes. No bullshit. Wish I had found this before. My poor sister, she's 61 today, she put her car in another ditch today (4x in 2 months) because of the snow storms. She called me at work and asked for help. Anything.....she sick of the tow bills....to protect her and the car. So, I'm sending her a little protection bag.

All the years I've been a witch, she has blown me off as crazy, but boy, when she needs help, she calls.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a lot of simple hexes in here that I love. You can do some in public that no one knows what the hell you're doing,,,, like the potatoe chip hex!!! :roflhard:

Got the book yesterday. Went straight looking for the toilet paper hex. lol

I had to laugh at it.

SapphireMoon

Just got the chance tonight to really start reading it. Its so good I almost couldnt put it down to get online. lol For me thats saying something. lol

Somethings she writes just make you go " DUH!! Thats so simple why didnt I think of it that way. lol Guess I didnt cause I was reading to much wiccan based & new age stuff. lol

SapphireMoon

I just bought Utterly Wicked myself, arrived from Amazon the other day and can't wait to delve into it, it looks great. I have soooo many books to read it's untrue! Shame there isn't a spell to slow down time to give me the chance to read!

Shame there isn't a spell to slow down time to give me the chance to read!

I know you were kinda joking here, but I do have something, lol.

I found this many years ago and it's always worked for me. I even get people saying (who don't know I've done it) how slow the time seems to be going, or how I managed to get somewhere very quickly, lol.

All I do is imagine a clock and the second hand getting slower and slower each time I say in my head:

'Time stand still I order you

Minutes go slow until I'm thought

Doing what I need to do

Time stand still I order you'

As I said, its always worked for me, might be worth a go... ;)

Terri

Fantastic, thanks for that Terri. I should have know that someone on here would have an answer for that problem! I'll definitely be trying it out, I just never seem to have the time to get everything done. So now I know the secret of those people who just seem to cram so much into their days - I just assumed they were way more organised than me, now I know!! :dancing:

'Time stand still I order you

Minutes go slow until I'm thought

Doing what I need to do

Time stand still I order you'

Terri

typo... I do believe that should be through

typo... I do believe that should be through

Yes, through :brickwall:

Google spell check let me down =(, lol.

Terri

• 3 weeks later...
I can overlook the Wiccan fluff. I just love they she writes. No bullshit. Wish I had found this before.

Dorothy was my "High Priestess" and is Georgian Trad Wicca, back in 92. She has always been that way, I guess she is why I stayed with wicca so long, she was my example and yes she never had a problem when I got into hexing someone for something. She was at ConVocation 2008 in Troy MI this month and I went with a friend and she was really put off by her. She didn't like the fact that she said Fuck this and that, was too nitty gritty for her and Dorothy smoked! She thought that Dorothy should be a shinny expample of sweet fluffy wiccan goodie two shoes since she is an author. Needless to say, my friendship with this person has come to casual niceity, and I looked around me and found that I am surrounded by people with that attitude! :scared:

They only brought 30 of her books and they were sold in less than an hour. So its still on my wish list.

Startella

[...] I went with a friend and she was really put off by her. She didn't like the fact that she said Fuck this and that, was too nitty gritty for her and Dorothy smoked! She thought that Dorothy should be a shinny expample of sweet fluffy wiccan goodie two shoes [...]

Wouldn't that make her "Glenda"?

glenda.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't resist. hehehe

:wickedwitch:

Not a bad book, though the info is in most of the books i have, and from the wicked witches on this site :). Again another book for the masses. . I have other books by mrs Morrison, which on the whole are well thumbed, not quite convinced of the turn around in her wiccan principles though ha ha.

• 11 months later...
Yeah KW, Arabi and myself were one of the first ones to get this book, as the Ms. Morrison was at one of the witch stores in New Orleans. The book is overall alright but is filled with some wiccan stuff.

Received my copy today....yeah, seen the wiccan stuff, but a good read nevertheless...will enjoy reading it.

My copy of this book is on the way! Gosh, my wishlist on Amazon has like, tripled in the number of books I'd like to read since finding TWF! Good think I love to read...now if I could just get a few more hours in a day so I could actually get to read more! lol

I got this book sometime last year. I thought it was pretty good. But I am still looking for a book of curses hexes etc. Something "heavier", I think is the word I am looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
Enlightenment
I got this book sometime last year. I thought it was pretty good. But I am still looking for a book of curses hexes etc. Something "heavier", I think is the word I am looking for.

Yeah, me too - definitely looking for something "heavier" lol :lol_witch: I did like Utterly Wicked though and I did find some stuff in there that I didn't know before and that IMO makes for an alright book. So yeah, I would recommened UW but as you say, it's not that heavy but good never-the-less :)

Archived