computers

Amargith

Did any of you ever use magic to fix a computer (or something like it)? I have a laptop which is having difficulty charging and yesterday it wouldn't start up or charge at all. When I transferred some energy into it, it suddenly started charging and I was able to turn it on. That was kinda freaky..especially since my boyfriend, the computerwhizz had just declared it officially dead. He has been looking kinda weirdly at me since it happened *grin*

Did any of you ever use magic to fix a computer (or something like it)? I have a laptop which is having difficulty charging and yesterday it wouldn't start up or charge at all. When I transferred some energy into it, it suddenly started charging and I was able to turn it on. That was kinda freaky..especially since my boyfriend, the computerwhizz had just declared it officially dead. He has been looking kinda weirdly at me since it happened *grin*

lol I just finished posting on another thread almost the same thing except maybe trying a little for protection of the site.

I've used it to keep my tire aired up until payday:thinking: not sure why it didn't occur to me to use it to just get the money to get the tire replace lol.

Shoulda seen the service station owner when I came in to get a new tire. Wanted to know what was holding it up ? willpower? uhhh something like that lol.

yakn

LOL... When I was little (about 7 or 8), my parents had an old (well new at the time) commodor 64 that I used to sit around and play games or write BASIC code for. My dad's a software engineer and found a kids programming book that I just loved. Nothing too complicated, just simple random number generators, and hello world type programs. Basically I just copied them into the system and liked watching them run. Anyways, one of my favorite games for the computer was the old version of frogger, and once I hit a certian spot, the machine had problems loading the next level. So I would put my hands on the disk drive (it was seperate part back then) and on the CPU and just talk to the computer and tell it to run for me, and sure enough... I never had any problems. Tee Hee... My little brother would get so annoyed and ask me 'how'd you do that?' and I'd tell him he just had to talk to the computer.

Today... I still talk to my computers (not too loudly, though, people might think I'm strange), but I've never had a problem with any of the machines that I've owned or worked on. In fact, people here at work are often amazed that I don't have many problems with my machines when my cube neighbors with the same software can't get anything to run. It's great.

-- Embers

Not a computer, but my old car. Once was stranded when it wouldn't start. Tried and tried, to no avail. In the end, got out, popped the hood, put my hands over the engine and gave it my all. Got back in the car and it started first time. :happydance: My travelling companion at the time was a little in awe, to say the least. :pumpkin:

I had the same happen to me again today. I wasn't sure I'd get it working again, and when it didn't work, I lost faith. Interestingly, this happens to me a lot..I doubt myself and then, just when I am about to give up..something happens! As you've noticed, it started working, just as I gave up giving it energy.

I have the same thing with losing stuff. I constantly lose stuff since I am chaotic and forgetful..not a good combo. But when I actually sigh 'I give up' and I mean it..you betcha that I spot the thing I need in that second.

Can anyone explain this to me? :)

My Grandmother used to say put a slice of nutmeg under the foot of a machine to keep it running smoothly. She used it for her precious washing machine. (A very early model, much needed in a family of 12!) I often wonder what she would make of our labour saving devices now, and have found her nutmeg trick works every time!

well, it was the last time that trick worked though :) The computer is getting harder and harder to start. My bf and I got it to start once more today, and got the most important files of it. I'm using another one now, coz it just aint worth the hassle anymore *Grin* Guess magic cannot fix everything..

Archived