Hello there

wolfjan1

Not like it's important, but I am back. Mustard plasters, eucalyptis, chicken soup, steamed pots of herbs and all. Not completely alive yet, but well nursed by the family. Y'all take care of whatever this bug is. It's a NASTY one.

Nearly well,

WJ

Too me it felt like some sort of physical attack. Started in the throat and ears. Too my full course if Zicam, no luck. Then it hit me over the head with the usual cold nasties and general EXTREME tiredness. I ate a LOT of radishes, drank a LOT of throat coat and gypsy cold remedy and finally, last night, I took a BIG hot toddy and knocked myself out. Now I can move and breathe better. Still have a runny nose. The place is a mess. I put up a sign in the kitchen that says "when the dishwasher is sick, the pluggers have to nurse her back to health. And they did. But they must not have put a single dish in the dishwasher. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Never did think that Zicam worked. Me, I like my hot toddies and putting on sweats and literaly sweating anything out. I can't anything like Nyquil or cold tablets. Something in them makes me super-hyper-active and I can't sleep at all. So, I do the old fashion remedies, tea, honey, chicken soup and lots of sweating. I can usually shake a cold in a few days.

Hope you feel better real soon! I'll send a little magick your way!!:buddies:

Thank you. I have tried the Zicam before and it worked. Not this time.

I have to admit that the family gave me everything, teas, poultices, Chicken soup(I made it and froze it).

OF course, not one garbage can was emptied, not one plate or bowl made it to the dishwasher, and I cleaned out the cat litter and took out the trash as usual. I'm Exhausted! I guess one more morning in will do me good.

Sweet evenings y'all!

I hope you're finding yourself back to rights soon! The bugs seem to be getting nastier, I think. Half of our school was out all last week for a vicious 24hr. flu, and before that it was bronchitis that turned quickly into pneumonia. We've had both and I've allowed myself to get run down enough that I had little defense against them.

Your household sounds quite a bit like mine. lol..they bring me all sorts of goodies to help me heal, but 'forget or overlook' doing the mundane chores that would help out greatly too!

Sure, last week I said they so far we were all healthy....scratch that one off the list this winter. So far, my oldest has the flu and my youngest has a bad cold. Both of which are whinning like a couple little girls and driving me nuts. Tonites dinner.....chicken soup. Oh joy!!!!! Now, when Mom here gets sick, will they take care of her? Oh course not, they're boys!!!!! LOL

Archived