• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:23 PM

Hi Everyone.. as you know we were under attack. It wasn't just this website, it was also all my own personal private websites as well, which means this was targeted specifically at myself and Brian.

Hopefully everything should be restored to it's former glory but please let us know if any links are not working, or if any photo uploads or information downloads are not displaying or working. We are aware we currently have no moderators listed at the moment either and we are working on this.

We will be revamping the front end of the site, as this is where we got hit. The forum itself was safe from the hacker but as we had to move everything to an upgraded server we could only rescue the back ups we knew were safe (the forum) however it did mean we have had and still have alot of work to get done in the back end. We would never ever put your membership at risk - ever.

If anyone is interested, this hacker runs a fake lottery site in the USA. He uses this lottery site, not only to rip people off, but also to run underhanded and illegal operations such as injecting scripts into databases. We have his IP number and that website cannot connect to anything connected to our hosting. The FBI is involved in this matter and I am sure the culprit/s will be found and charged accordingly.

However, feel free to do whatever you wish to this person - he deserves every ounce of bad luck, as much shit energy and as many biting camel fleas that you can possibly muster.

Welcome back and thank you for all your wonderful emails and support most of you have shown. It was very much appreciated and made us realise how important this site is.

Hugs,
Sandy and Brian.

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#2 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:42 PM

Just to add to Sandy's post.

Please wait with questions about what happened etc.

As you can imagine Sandy and I have been snowed under bringing things back.

We still have work to do on things, not least getting a front site back up, we may take the boards down again while we do this, so bear with us.

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#3 arabi

arabi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

Thank you so much Brian and Sandy for all the hard work!!! It is greatly appreciated {hugs}.
Somewhere, however far or near, there is something very dark and grim hurtling toward each one of us. We just don't know when it will hit. Then, quite suddenly, it won't be all right at all.

#4 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

Thank you so much Brian and Sandy for all the hard work!!! It is greatly appreciated {hugs}.

Second that! You both work so hard to make sure everything is as it should be. Thank you! {bows low: "Not, worthy!!"} LOL

:howl-moon:

Respect the Elders. Teach the Young. Cooperate with the Pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your Mark.

:Witch-1:

#5 Nightshade

Nightshade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:04 PM

Yes, I do think a serious ass kicking is in order. *smiles wickedly* Time to get to work!

#6 Guest_Kathrina_*

Guest_Kathrina_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

Thank you so much! I'm glad to see TW up and running again! :chakrahearts:

#7 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:09 PM

Thank you both so very much. :beerchug: cheer to you!
Rebie

#8 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

:cheerleader: Sandy and Brian rock!

While you two are putting the front end back together, I'll be over here with my... toys. :evillaugh: Scam lotto guy, eh?

ps.. love the new smilies!

#9 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

Yes thanks for the hard work to get this site back up and running :thumbsup::applause:

#10 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

What a relief!! Well done for all the hard work. Now off to play with the new smilies!! :cheers: :eheheh::mdance::roflhard:
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#11 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:11 PM

Thank you both for your hard work! I am not sure I would know what happened if you DID tell us, so no worries. You are both GRANDLY appreciated.
So now it's time to go make my "un named hacker poppet!
WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#12 Ember_Dragonfly

Ember_Dragonfly

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:49 AM

Hi Sandy & Brian...

Thank-you so much for all your hard work in keeping this site up and going. I know I haven't been able to jump on here much lately because of both school and work, but I was devistated when I saw that the site was down last week. Keep up all the hard work, you both are GREATLY appreciated. :thankyou:

As far as this Lotto creep... you can count that this guy's going to get an ass whooping from me. :wickedwitch:

-- Embers (Brenda)

#13 Holly

Holly

Thaumatourgos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

Wooo!!! Thank you so much!!! That scammer will get everything he deserves!

#14 fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

Ohhhh. . .see, that ain't right. I've been feeling the need to fireball someone, and it seems I've found an appropriate target. :blobfire:

Stupid frakker :D

Love to Sandy and Brian. . .you guys rock!

"A little revolution, now and then, is a healthy thing, don't you think?" Marko Ramius, The Hunt for Red October

#15 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

Thanks for all your efforts in restoring the site. I may not have noticed it was gone (owing to an absence from the net), but I do appreciate it being here upon my return. I do have to wonder, however, how pathetic someone's life must be that they should want to spend time hacking other people's sites. Sad, when you think about it. Still, no reason not to make their lives even more miserable, eh? :wiccanpie: They picked the wrong site this time. :evil:

#16 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:57 AM

WHHOOOO HOOOO! I am soooo glad everything is back! Thank you Brian and Sandy!

:thankyou::eheheh:

And the new smilies kick ass!

"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." - Plato

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato

#17 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

We are BACK .. take TWO

Ok I guess you are all wondering where the site went for a few days .. well it took a vacation - unfortunately, it didn't let anybody know about this, including our fine selves and we searched high and low, every airport and every island and every ocean....

.... it soon returned though, empty pockets, no money and tail between its legs in shame looking a bit tattered and torn ... I don't think it will go away again so soon. :)

We have to redo some cosmetics on the main page - evidently it got into a bit of a scrap and needs some stitches but it will all be better soon - and you know why? Because of all you. Please stick around, continue to support this great place and lets get back on track.

Thank you again everyone.

PLEASE NOTE Any New registrations in the last 2 weeks will have to rejoin.

Love and hugs,
Sandy and Brian

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel