Photo
- - - - -

your own way...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:11 AM

Has anyone on the forum ever created their own divination system? I've been toying with the idea for a little while now. Getting bits and bobs from wherever which have meaning for me and throwing them onto a special cloth I'll design to help me interpret them...

Anyone else have any ideas along those lines?

:howl-moon:

Respect the Elders. Teach the Young. Cooperate with the Pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your Mark.

:Witch-1:

#2 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:28 AM

You are SO far ahead of me. I am merely a student and haven't had much luck with divination yet. I do admire you for the courage to reach out.
It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#3 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:42 AM

Has anyone on the forum ever created their own divination system? I've been toying with the idea for a little while now. Getting bits and bobs from wherever which have meaning for me and throwing them onto a special cloth I'll design to help me interpret them...

I've done a few things that are a form of divination for me...my photography is one. When i am really bothered by something...I put the question in my mind and go out to search for photos that are somehow related to it. Later...as I review the pics...the answer seems to appear.

#4 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

This is actually something I have been thinking about a lot lately. I actually met some one who created their own system using Sea Shells and had a reading by her last summer. It was amazing! It understood and spoke to me unlike any other system I've had do a reading. I purchased the system and have used it once (I keep it at my mom's for use with her when I visit there).

However right now I'm going to keep working on Cartomancy and developing my intuition that way. I strongly feel I should be very good at one system before I start working on another. I mean I have 5 Tarot Decks, 5 different Native American based decks, The Well Worn and Hidden Path decks by Raven Grimassi, Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards, a Set of Runes, and the Iching as well as my Cartomancy.

So as you can see it is going to take me a while before I can even seriously think about finding my own system. Even though some images have flashed through my mind while thinking about divination before. It's a project for the future:thinking:

#5 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:28 AM

Ive been trying to set up a divination system based on the elements and using cards, sort of like Tattwa cards, but with less visualisations etc. and more Tarot like and its getting along :)

My partner recently bought me a D&D dice set which was rose quartz like with gold numbers and thats been working well as a divination system, i roll the dice and it helps me get a clearer message to what i want, again i made it so that it was what i felt was right, and my own system based on odds and even numbers and different number groups :)

I think making up unique divination systems for yourself hold a lot more power than some of the more traditional methods, as its your energy and mind that knows how to use it above anyone else so its tailored to your needs moreso than some other methods and interpretations!

good luck with with everything ! tell us how it works out :):applause:

"My church is not of silver and gold,
Its glory lies beyond judgement of souls
The commandments are of consolation & warmth
You know our sacred dream won't fail
The sanctury tender and so frail
The sacrament of love
The sacrament of warmth is true
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#6 Guest_StagHeartWoman_*

Guest_StagHeartWoman_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

I haven't tried it myself, but I know someone who made their own set by sticking pics from magazines onto card and cutting them out.

I like the idea of just getting a jar full of miscellaneous small items which have meaning to me.

#7 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:20 PM

I haven't tried it myself, but I know someone who made their own set by sticking pics from magazines onto card and cutting them out.

I like the idea of just getting a jar full of miscellaneous small items which have meaning to me.

The jar is a good idea. I have a jar, but not for divination. I might make one for that. I like the idea.
Rebie

#8 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:58 PM

I use my hands for divination, actually I didn't choose this method it chose me, some years ago I noticed that when I asked a question in my head one of my palms would pain, not real pain but that's the only way to describe the sensation that I feel, if that makes any sense? anyway I found that the more that I paid attention to it the stronger it became, later on I would ask to be shown which palm indicated yes before asking a question. It is very accurate at answering most questions, however I've discovered that theres a fine line between the truth and an expected answer when using this method. I've also noticed that if I ask a question without intending it to be a question or even expecting an answer then I intuitively know wether the response is a yes or no without having to establish yes and no in advance!

Wyrd
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when It's open

#9 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

I have a bunch of treasures from the sea that I am going to use for divination, I just haven't gotten to know what they mean yet...It'll take some time.
A crooked path is one where changes can lead you any where-this is my current path

#10 Terri

Terri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

I'm sure I replied to this message before, lol.

When I was in primary school, I came up with this technique to talk to spirits. You sit in a circle, with legs touching, get three stones and throw them while asking a yes/no question. If you got a line, it was a yes, if it was in a triangle, it was a no. I taught everyone in my school how to do it and then it got banned, lol.

Another one I came up with is making a play list (I used to use a 3cd changer origninally) and put it on random. Ask your question, press next and then the song will be your answer. Its more for fun than divination really, lol. Freaky when you get the same track to the same question over and over thought.

#11 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

I have a bunch of treasures from the sea that I am going to use for divination, I just haven't gotten to know what they mean yet...It'll take some time.

I use stuff from the sea (cornwall) and love this, you need to get yourself into realising the meanings are what you see/sense rather than the objects having meanings them selves. if you get my drift :D

#12 Greenfeet

Greenfeet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:03 AM

I use the pits of our wild local "Indian Plums." I painted my own symbols on them.

#13 Guest_Domina_*

Guest_Domina_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

Another one I came up with is making a play list (I used to use a 3cd changer origninally) and put it on random. Ask your question, press next and then the song will be your answer. Its more for fun than divination really, lol. Freaky when you get the same track to the same question over and over thought.

I do this with the radio, sometimes, especially in the car.

#14 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

Lately, I have learned to trust my own body to tell me what to do. Sometimes I get taken aback when I meet someone. It sets EVERYTHING on edge, and I am learning to cover that on the outside. But I just avoid them like the plague and watch for them on America's most wanted" (lol)
I also get warm feelings from people and various other vibes, like pain and emotional distress. Just from a handshake. This is why hugging my loved ones is very important to me. I get strength or give strength, depending on the situation and can often feel that they might need a healing. This is all so very new to me, or else I have just REALLY become aware of the sensitivity. I CANNOT hug one of my Sisters-in-law. Her negative energy makes me nauseous.

It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#15 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:30 AM

I used regular playing cards when I was a teen. I came up with my own system. Taught it to a few friends and they loved it. It became a popular thing to do. It envolved using the jacks as the main cards lined up. Name each one with a guy you like. Ask thirteen questions and with each question draw a card from the deck. what ever suit it was, you would place it under the jack with that suit. after you did thirteen, you see who had the most cards under his name and that was your true love. LOL, it worked out pretty good. Silly girls, we were so obsessed with boys that is why I came up with that one. LOL
Rebie