- - - - -

Tarocco cards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dagda_*

Guest_Dagda_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:01 AM

What are tarocco cards?
Are they similar to tarot cards?

#2 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:11 AM

Basically, they are tarot cards. It was the name used for the first "official" tarot deck, the Visconti Tarocco cards. Some publishers still use the name today, notably Italian publishing houses.

#3 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

To the best of my knowledge they are similar to tarot cards... but I've never seen much about them. I seem to remember that they are very old, and Italian... but I may be wrong.

Have you tried Google?? I always get excellent results there. :D

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#4 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

HAHAHA!!! I was just coming back to add that perhaps YOU would know something about them, AC... :eek:

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#5 Guest_Dagda_*

Guest_Dagda_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:19 AM

Google gave me alot of places to buy tarocco cards but maybe if i search more i'll be able to find more information on them.

#6 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:42 AM

Tarocco cards are tarot cards, as tarocco is the Italian word for Tarot.

#7 Constance

Constance

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:58 AM

When shopping around for cards, be careful when a deck is labeled Tarocco, because some of the lower denomination pip cards may be omitted from the deck. (Which is great if you want to use the deck to play forms of Tarocco that don't require those cards, but can put a crimp on things if you want to use them for divination! ;) )
People from the South read a bit more than those from other regions, mostly religious books and romance novels. -- Where you fall in poll of U.S. reading habits, Cnn.com

Spooked: Books to Run From

Getting dirty for soap fairy since 2007.

Mistress of the mystic kangaroo defense method (MKDM).