Photo
- - - - -

Cartomancy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#41 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:29 AM

Oh wow, those are gorgeous! I'd love a deck like that - although I do so love my black deck... ;)

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#42 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

thanks for the info on cartomancy at the beginning of this thread ... I was sent a pack of 'tarot cards' recently from my dad who lives in France, which are actually the french card game Jeu De Tarot, 'trick taking game'. http://en.wikipedia....ki/French_tarot so perhaps Jeu De can also be used for cartomancy. Im just not sure whether there are too many cards, as Jeu De has 78 cards rather than the normal 52 of a poker deck? Viks

#43 sophiadawn

sophiadawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

This is something I hadn't really tried but I have a cool deck of playing cards that I bought at a ren faire that would be perfect to us to learn on. Thanks for bringing this thread back to the top.

#44 shapeofbirds

shapeofbirds

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

I love the Hedgewitch site posted by the OP as well. My mother read cards and used a standard deck. When I was very little bought me the Gypsy Witch deck. The explanations went a little over my head but it did get me started on my own explorations.

http://www.aeclectic...ds/gypsy-witch/

I like tarot and other divination decks more at this point but my Gypsy Witch has a special place.

#45 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:39 AM

Thanks for all the links and instructions :D This is one form of divination i've always wanted to try :D
I make the path - Alice from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.