• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:13 PM

Ok Guys. This website does not allow any images to be hotlinked from another site at all. This is totally unfair on the webmaster of the other site (stealing his bandwidth) plus not all websites are safe.

Any images found to be hotlinked to an outside site will be removed, unless you OWN the hosting of the other site or it is your OWN picture freely hosted on something like MySpace or similar.

If you have a picture that you would like to share which is NOT on your own hosted server or website, please use the little paperclip icon to attach it when you are composing a post. You can upload any photo from your PC or a webpage and it will create a thumbnail in the post in which users can click to open in a new window.

Alternatively just type (copy and paste) in the URL of the picture into your post so people can click the link and view whatever it is you want to share :)

This saves on download time for those who only have a dial up connection and the forum will load much quicker.

Alternatively, just provide the link directly to the page the picture is hosted on. Either way please refrain from illegaly hotlinking to any graphic or photo from another website directly into a post. (For example a pretty pic you found on Google must NOT be hotlinked)

Thanks for your attention.

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#2 Storm

Storm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:46 AM

question.........i am a member of a site that has unlimited bandwidth. we pay for it, i am also a super moderator. our board is similar to what we are using here. we have a gallery and are allowed to link our photos. would there still be a problem in me posting my stuff. (thats how i posted that pic of my tattoo, just copyed and pasted the link under the pic)
If you don't live for something, you die for nothing

#3 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 07:41 AM

Providing a link to a picture is absolutely OK, no problem at all.

Hotlinking is when you actually steal another persons bandwidth by pulling the picture from one site to display on another.

By using the attachment function here that creates small clickable thumbnail or by giving a direct clickable link is absolutely fine :)

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel