Roebuck in the thicket

Guest wortmistress

Guest wortmistress

Just bought this as thought that I'd better succumb sooner than later- so far it's proving to be a fascinating read. Anyone know if the "Letters" book is just as riveting?

Hi WM,

well the Letters are possibly not as rivetting, they are, however, interesting to read and you get a lot of Cochrane's thoughts in them.

Some of the thoughts and ideas in the Letters were not given to the members of the Clan and only when the letters were made public did they read them.

I'd recommend them after reading the Roebuck.

AW,

the Roebuck in the Thicket is a book on Robert Cochrane's Clan of Tubal Cain group / coven in the early 1960's. An interesting insight into Cochrane's ideas and ways of working.

Guest wortmistress

Just finished it -wow! It was every bit as riveting as Pickingill Papers. The diappointing thing was that I'd already most of the read the rituals etc. on the 'net ages ago. Still, it gave me much food for thought and in a way, comfort and strength...

• 1 month later...

The letter's are actually available online via the "roebuck site" which I believe is run by Ann and Dave Finnin, the current maid and magister of "the clan of tubal cain". The benefit of these letters is that (if memory serves) many of cochranes original diagrams are still intact, where as they were removed for the book version. Oh and of course they are free :D

see here:

http://www.cyberwitch.com/bowers/akc.htm