Sign in to follow this  
AnjelWolf

Signs Of Old Hag Attacks During The Night

It is true that we should all know how to deal with these things in a strong and direct manner. We all very likely will have to deal with something like this at some time or other as long as we decide to continue on this path, and many times even if we do not. However the 'little remedies' take the edge off at least, so we may find it easier to get down to business. Also, we have to learn somehow. Practice is one way, but reading and learning about more about things is also important. Not all of us are lucky enough to have good teachers.

• Like 1

If you decide against sharing more about the Robert Bruce book on the forums, I completely understand and respect the rules around here. But I am, of course, very curious to know your opinion, especially given the extent of how much you disliked it. There were some things he said that raised red flags for me in the interview that I listened to, but also some things that rang true and sometimes that is the most dangerous scenario when misguided information is sprinkled with juuust enough truth bits to make you buy in 100%.

If you'd be more comfortable messaging me privately about your opinions, I would be open to that, but if not, no worries. I'm at a point where I'm just soaking in as many opinions as from as many sources without forming a solid opinion on anything until I have a fuller picture from multiple perspectives, hoping intuition guides me in the meantime. But I don't want to waste my time and money on the Bruce book if I know there we are coming from fundamentally different grounds.

I will attempt to be most diplomatic. Let me know if it doesn't work guys, I know you you will. Fundamentally different grounds, yes. This is probably the main (certainly not the only) reason for my dislike. I cannot relate at all to the author. Its like I come from a different planet then him. I do also feel, as you suggest, that some of it is misguided and potentially dangerous. A reviewer on amazon stated that there were only about ten pages spread throughout the book that contained anything useful. I think that reviewer may be being generous, my opinion. There are a few techniques that might work to relieve symptoms temporarily for most people, and perhaps a few more that could possibly help certain individuals. There are also a great lot of things that at best would be completely useless, and at worst would be potentially harmful. I find he talks far too much about himself and his 'accomplishments?' and experiences, none of which do anything to recommend him in the least as far as I am concerned.

I seem to have an unfortunate condition that compels me to finish a book once I start it. This is the only reason that I managed. Much of it made me literally nauseous. Hope this isn't too much, if it is feel free to remove it mods.

Edited by Solanaceae

That being said, I'm not going to treat it as anything less than an attack from something that truly meant to harm me and could do some real damage.

Then it's time to flex your muscles.

Get strong with it.

Books and little remedies are great...lol... but, really... witchlet.... grow a pair. Nut up !!!

Earn that Hat. Or eat it.

**said in most my firm but encouraging voice**

I don't find "advice" like this to be encouraging or useful at all. Really its nothing more than condescending. Either way it could have been delivered better or left out entirely. I am sure what RG experience was nothing less than terrifying and she shared that experience with confidence that she could trust the people who she shared it with to not heckle her. Save this type of nonsense for facebook please.

Edited by Moonshadowe

I don't really want to say to much on this subject because I am concerned I may say something that could get me into trouble, we were all warned to be extra careful what we say in reviews. I have in all honesty never disliked a book as much as I dislike that one. And I read, a lot. I am unsure I can objectively say anything about it without getting myself in trouble. I will think about it and attempt to answer you tomorrow when I will have more time.

That said, I do (again) highly recommend 'The Terrors That Come In The Night' by David J. Hufford. It helped me a lot. It may be a bit harder to find mind you. I ordered my copy from Amazon. You may be able to ask for it at a library.

_______

I don't think there is any problem with an honest book review. It is with calling down the author as a person, where the problem occurs. If a book sucks, then it sucks.

Edited by Autumn Moon

Thank you so much for your advice, Solanaceae, and especially the book reccomendation.

If you decide against sharing more about the Robert Bruce book on the forums, I completely understand and respect the rules around here. But I am, of course, very curious to know your opinion, especially given the extent of how much you disliked it. There were some things he said that raised red flags for me in the interview that I listened to, but also some things that rang true and sometimes that is the most dangerous scenario when misguided information is sprinkled with juuust enough truth bits to make you buy in 100%.

If you'd be more comfortable messaging me privately about your opinions, I would be open to that, but if not, no worries. I'm at a point where I'm just soaking in as many opinions as from as many sources without forming a solid opinion on anything until I have a fuller picture from multiple perspectives, hoping intuition guides me in the meantime. But I don't want to waste my time and money on the Bruce book if I know there we are coming from fundamentally different grounds.

I have considered that maybe, after asking my ancestors specifically to teach me more in these ways, they might have allowed something (relatively harmless but certainly unpleasant) to get through to me in order to show me where I was leaving myself vulnerable and to guide me into a better practice of protecting myself. If nothing else, it really got the point across about just what's at stake, in a manner that I'm not likely to forget anytime soon. That being said, I'm not going to treat it as anything less than an attack from something that truly meant to harm me and could do some real damage.

____

The one thing you might consider, is that when calling upon your ancestors, be specific about what kind or person(s) you want, and that only they and no one else, related or not, is allowed to come through.

A couple of weeks ago, while sleeping with my back to the outside of the bed, I had a dream or vision that a man's disembodied hand rising up from the floor toward my back. Once I saw the hand in my mind, I immediately turned over to face it, but it was gone. I had something similar when I was 18. My bedroom door which I always closed on going to sleep was open in the morning every day for a week. One morning, I suddenly woke up. I was facing the wall, but in front of and near to may face, was a woman's Victorian black gloved hand. It swiftly withdrew upon my eyes opening up. I quickly turned over, but nothing that I could see was there, but again the bedroom door was open.

Moonshadowe, I appreciate your concern about Nikki's tone, but I should explain that her and I have had some in-depth discussions in the past and so I'm actually kinda okay with her calling me out on stuff in a mentor-y sorta way.

And she is right in one regard: as a witch, the only advisable response to something like this is to acknowledge what happened, muster up your courage and learn how to handle it. It's okay to be terrified when you are suddenly made aware of just how real the "other" is, because it's a scary experience. But you can't dwell there, because from there it is a slippery slope to a life of fear, where the dark things of the world really do have the power to manipulate you.

It WAS a terrifying experience for me. But the most terrifying part was "the unknown" factor of it (and the vulnerability of having something present while I slept, messing around in my subconscious). The morning after, I was so shaken up...I was even a bit angry at my ancestral spirits because I had specifically asked them for two things: 1) to teach me the ways of spiritwork and 2) to protect me in the process. In my eyes, they had failed me and I was vulnerable.

But the more I reflected on the experience (which has thankfully not repeated itself), I began to consider the fact that maybe my teachers were doing exactly what I had asked. The experience did not harm me permanently, and as far as I can tell, no permanent connection was established between me and the "neg" or incubus or whatever the entity was. The experience drove me to dig deeper into protection and shielding work than I would have pushed myself to go, and it's also given me a lot of new perspectives on gateways and ritual and boundaries. The most striking thing to me is that I now have an actual experience to draw upon now....I know what *exactly* what it feels like to have my personal energy invaded, to have something rumaging around in my mind. After such an intense experience, I can now look back at other less-extreme events in my life and recognize the feelings of spirit manipulation that I was not equipped to identify at the time. Going forward, I'll be able to recognize them quicker and now I'll actually know what to do in an encounter. In my eyes, that's a pretty handy skill to develop if you are going to be working with spirits. So perhaps I did get the lesson and the protection that I was looking for, it wasn't fun...but quite necessary.

---

In regard to the Handbook of Psycho Defense (Er, psychic...that was a typo but I'm keeping it because it's hilarious). I downloaded the book and am about halfway finished, and so far, I can completely see where Solanaceae is coming from. There are some useful tips in here (at least things that have worked for me so far) but you have to wade through soooooo much of his personal (and often irrelevant) beleifs to get to the good stuff.

There seems to be a contradiction in his writing that says that on the one hand, dealing with "negs" is a sign that you are going through an intense spiritual development. But then on the other hand, he seems to adamantly oppose anything vaguely occultist that might have triggered that new "psychic level-up" (as I like to think of it). One page, he seem adamantly opposed to spirit communication, going to cemeteries, occult rituals, spellwork, mediumship, (basically everything witches or shamans do) etc, saying it should be avoided at all cost at the risk of neg attacks and possession. Then the next chapter will support the idea that net attacks are a necessary and normal part of developing your spirituality, as the author touts his own skills in astral projection and energy healing. As I said before, we are coming from fundamentally different grounds, I believe.

The book is helpful to me for its case studies and the anecdotal observations of someone who has clearly had a lot of contact with unhelpful spirits and has the psychic abilities to describe and categorize them in a useful way. But in my opinion, the book is written from a perspective of contagious fear that isn't necessarily helpful for witches or spirit-workers. We should definitely be aware of the dangers of negative entities, but fear of the unseen that borders on paranoia can't be the hallmark of our craft. I've seen people (especially new agey types) go down a slippery slope that starts with the harmless "I'll wear this crystal for protection" and ends up with them in a mental state where all they ever see is demonic influence and devils around every corner. (As a former Christian minister, I've seen pastors go down this path as well and it isn't pretty) Every cold they have is dark spirit, every goosebump is a bad omen. Every grumpy perso they encounter is possessed by evil. This is also the impression that I get when I read this book. And it is the very mindset that I don't want to take away from my own experience with a harmful spirit.

My honest review (so far) is that this book is not for everyone. I would not give this book to a friend that had any tendencies towards paranoia, even if I recognized they were under attack. It could easily perpetuate an obsessive mentality about the unseen rather than empower someone to actually defend themselves from attack. But in the hands of a level-headed witch with some iron-plated testicles (of the metaphorical variety) and the discernment to read passed the unnecessary bits, it can be a handy guide for identify and dealing with some of the nasties that are drawn to us once we've lit that astral beacon that says "I'm here."

But I don't think the book is the grand opus of spiritual enlightenment that the author maybe intended it to be. (Just my impression)

Edited by RapunzelGnome

A direct quote from the book: "“A golden rule is never to dabble with occult practices and spirit communication, and never to stay in a house where such things are being done. It is also best to avoid people who do such dabbling on a regular basis.”

Excerpt From: Bruce, Robert. “The Practical Psychic Self-Defense Handbook.” Hampton Roads Publishing Company, Inc. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Oops.

A direct quote from the book: "“A golden rule is never to dabble with occult practices and spirit communication, and never to stay in a house where such things are being done. It is also best to avoid people who do such dabbling on a regular basis.”

Excerpt From: Bruce, Robert. “The Practical Psychic Self-Defense Handbook.” Hampton Roads Publishing Company, Inc. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Oops.

Ya, that was one of my favs. (not). Lol.

There are a few little tidbits like this that throw me off.

Like the bit about Satanism and black magic.

Light places=good, dark places= bad.

And don't listen to heavy metal, or watch horror movies.

Use an imaginary blowtorch that spays electric violet colored flames to cleans and burn away neg effected areas on or in your body or environment.

If you see spiders or snakes when you close your eyes, use visualization to turn them into a beautiful unicorn instead.

And I hate positive affirmations, I just can't. Gag.

I am sorry but all this just goes against my very nature. I can't be something I am not, and there are many other more effective ways of dealing with these things that do not require me to pretend.

In regard to the Handbook of Psycho Defense (Er, psychic...that was a typo but I'm keeping it because it's hilarious). I downloaded the book and am about halfway finished, and so far, I can completely see where Solanaceae is coming from. There are some useful tips in here (at least things that have worked for me so far) but you have to wade through soooooo much of his personal (and often irrelevant) beleifs to get to the good stuff.

There seems to be a contradiction in his writing that says that on the one hand, dealing with "negs" is a sign that you are going through an intense spiritual development. But then on the other hand, he seems to adamantly oppose anything vaguely occultist that might have triggered that new "psychic level-up" (as I like to think of it). One page, he seem adamantly opposed to spirit communication, going to cemeteries, occult rituals, spellwork, mediumship, (basically everything witches or shamans do) etc, saying it should be avoided at all cost at the risk of neg attacks and possession. Then the next chapter will support the idea that net attacks are a necessary and normal part of developing your spirituality, as the author touts his own skills in astral projection and energy healing. As I said before, we are coming from fundamentally different grounds, I believe.

The book is helpful to me for its case studies and the anecdotal observations of someone who has clearly had a lot of contact with unhelpful spirits and has the psychic abilities to describe and categorize them in a useful way. But in my opinion, the book is written from a perspective of contagious fear that isn't necessarily helpful for witches or spirit-workers. We should definitely be aware of the dangers of negative entities, but fear of the unseen that borders on paranoia can't be the hallmark of our craft. I've seen people (especially new agey types) go down a slippery slope that starts with the harmless "I'll wear this crystal for protection" and ends up with them in a mental state where all they ever see is demonic influence and devils around every corner. (As a former Christian minister, I've seen pastors go down this path as well and it isn't pretty) Every cold they have is dark spirit, every goosebump is a bad omen. Every grumpy perso they encounter is possessed by evil. This is also the impression that I get when I read this book. And it is the very mindset that I don't want to take away from my own experience with a harmful spirit.

My honest review (so far) is that this book is not for everyone. I would not give this book to a friend that had any tendencies towards paranoia, even if I recognized they were under attack. It could easily perpetuate an obsessive mentality about the unseen rather than empower someone to actually defend themselves from attack. But in the hands of a level-headed witch with some iron-plated testicles (of the metaphorical variety) and the discernment to read passed the unnecessary bits, it can be a handy guide for identify and dealing with some of the nasties that are drawn to us once we've lit that astral beacon that says "I'm here."

But I don't think the book is the grand opus of spiritual enlightenment that the author maybe intended it to be. (Just my impression)

You are definitely right about potential for making people paranoid. Every blemish, illness (mental or physical), everything you see out of the corner of your eye, or tingle you get, every body ache, twitch, ect, ect, could be caused by a 'neg.' Oh yes, and every person who does not readily agree with you, or want to listen to your opinions must be under the influence of 'negs', lol. ( I also really don't like this made up term 'neg' it just throws me off.) It even goes so far as to suggest that 'natural sexual orientation' (his terminology), and what he calls 'gender issues', may be influenced by 'negs' imprinting children through sexual fantasy and stimulation.

See I knew once I got started on this I might not be able to stop.

I think you may even be giving the book a bit too much credit here. In the hands of a non witch under attack some of the techniques might offer temporary relief, as I said before, but it comes with all the rest. Fear, bias and paranoia. Any level headed witch with iron plated testicles will know the basics already, and the rest is the unnecessary, so basically a waste of time.

I do not find his descriptions and categorizations useful at all. Again, I think they are bias. The case studies and anecdotes kind of make it sound ( to me ) like he does not know what he is doing.

Edited by Solanaceae

The parts about sexual orientation really made me angry as well. As for the heavy metal and horror movies and dark things, according to this author, I've been doing everything wrong my whole life and probably have a whole hive of negs on me.

In some ways, I like that his writings and opinions are so outrageous and narrow-minded for one simple reason: it makes it really easy to mentally edit out his biases and get to the truth in his recorded observances. His descriptions of events are detailed enough for me to read through the bullshit and get a pretty good idea of what's going on. It's almost as if he's a character in his own novel, but the events himself are telling a different story then the narrator, if that makes sense.

Anyways, I'm much more looking forward to the Hufford book you reccomended once I can find it or order it. It seems to be more of an unbiased record of occurrences according to the reviews, or at least does a better job of distinguishing the record of events from the author's opionion and perception of the events.

Edited by RapunzelGnome

Witch riding is an interesting topic, a lot of different perspectives ITT...has anyone here considered that it can also be used as a personal tool? It has its reputation for a reason.

I don't find "advice" like this to be encouraging or useful at all. Really its nothing more than condescending, arrogant and indicative of either youth or a low IQ. Either way it could have been delivered better or left out entirely. I am sure what RG experience was nothing less than terrifying and she shared that experience with confidence that she could trust the people who she shared it with to not heckle her. Save this type of nonsense for facebook please.

IF I wanted to wax poetic, I would have.

I meant to be offensive. 100%. With my whole heart and soul.

BE OFFENDED that an entity entered into your space --- IT broke through your protections and shields.

BE OFFENDED that you were caught off-guard, vulnerable and ‘terrorized”.

BE OFFENDED that you think it means you HARM!! And that it could ‘inflict serious damage’

That’s OFFENSIVE!!!

Take that OFFENSE and use it !!! Gather up that power blast it forth !!!

This is the one of the most important Path lessons one can learn.

(Or one can just throw a book at it next time it shows itself - which could be tonight. See how that works. OH right, if you can move, that is… silly me!!!) <--half joke + whole truth.

**Hey… moonshadowe… That message wasn’t for YOU.

Aaaand your response is any less insulting or useful? Really?

By you attempting to dictate how, where or when I express myself is ‘condescending, arrogant and indicative of either youth or a low IQ’

so... :fu:

Feel FREE to block my posts. If you don’t know how, I’m sure one of our Mods will assist you.

RG knows me well enough to know what I meant -- and why. So do others here who actually take the time to get to KNOW me; they know I care. Deeply.

You and your opinions, like all assholes, have no place in my face. So back the fuck the up.

Edited by Nikki

:wiccanpie:

Truthfully Nikki is right, if someone is going to explore the occult but isn't ready for things that go bump in the night then perhaps it's time to learn to bump back or find someone who can. There are predatory things and people who will be drawn to you along the crooked path, if that's unsettling to someone then maybe they need to find where the well-trodden road is or suit up for battle. The natural way of things isn't butterflies and pretty flowers. Even butterflies eat the dead.

• Upvote 2

Hufford's book is not a book of 'little remedies.' It is a very though and unbiased long term study and exploration of the phenomenon of sleep paralysis. It is writing from the perspective of a folklorist and scholar. He does not attempt to tell you the reason he thinks it occurs. He merely presents the facts and case studies, and allows you to form your own opinion. He does explore the beliefs surrounding it, demons, witches, ect, as well the beliefs of the medical and scientific community on what causes it. Certainly that has a value beyond being something to throw at an intruder lol. Knowledge is power after all.

• Upvote 1

Witch riding is an interesting topic, a lot of different perspectives ITT...has anyone here considered that it can also be used as a personal tool? It has its reputation for a reason.

Interesting Caps, I tried to bring something like that up on this thread awhile back, but I didn't get much feedback. Do you mean that one can use the experience as a tool when it happens to you, like for spiritual growth? Or do you mean how witches can use it as an tool to torment another?

Interesting Caps, I tried to bring something like that up on this thread awhile back, but I didn't get much feedback. Do you mean that one can use the experience as a tool when it happens to you, like for spiritual growth? Or do you mean how witches can use it as a tool to torment another?

Well I meant the latter, but both could apply. A witch who is well-versed in projection and traveling can use bedside visits to their advantage if they needed to do so.

Edited by Caps

Oh yes of course. I'm sure that is where the idea of the offending entity being a 'hag' comes from as well.

The most striking thing to me is that I now have an actual experience to draw upon now....I know what *exactly* what it feels like to have my personal energy invaded, to have something rumaging around in my mind.

And this brings me to the same point that Caps brought up.

Are you certain is was a spirit or entity and not another practitioner?

You know exactly what this experience felt like. Are you completely certain that the next time will feel the same? What if other spirits/ entities/ witches fucking with you (it happens) feels different? Would you still know what it is?

A roller coaster is a roller coaster. An old wooden one feels quite different from a modern one. They're both coasters. They both elicit similar feelings but because they aren't exactly the same... Being able to tell which is which is something that comes with experience. Even just once.

I'm just saying don't get too hung up on intricate details or lose the forest for the pattern of the bark on one specific tree.

I don't find "advice" like this to be encouraging or useful at all. Really its nothing more than condescending, arrogant and indicative of either youth or a low IQ. Either way it could have been delivered better or left out entirely. I am sure what RG experience was nothing less than terrifying and she shared that experience with confidence that she could trust the people who she shared it with to not heckle her. Save this type of nonsense for facebook please.

Sounds more like your own issues than RG's.

I spent some time in witchy facebook circles. :bunny3: It was :vomit: (vomit worthy) and for research purposes. I was told I was out of touch with the new witchcraft movement. I'm very good with being out of touch with most of the crap I found there.

RG asked a serious question from actual serious practitioners and got a serious and realistic answer. Grow a pair, get pissed off and use it. :thatsit:That's a damn good advice!

Or, put some steel in your spine :wiccanpie: before you hurt yourself.

What good is a witch against the unseen if she can't even handle a mildly uncomfortable conversation with other witches?

Or is it better to just sit back and watch an inexperienced witch serve herself up for lunch :chomp: ?

• Upvote 1

Solancea, I don't think anyone is really saying books are bad or not useful. There's a time and place for research and study and understanding the underlying components of the things we deal with on a regular basis around here. I don't think being in the middle of an attack is the best time for it.

another thing - people keep telling me I should use more emoticons - to show that I'm not angry because, gods forbid, my words ever get taken at face value, but instead, people continually add tone, inflection and personal offense to them. I don't know. I think it's way more condescending to have to use little cartoon characters to get your point across. We're not in kindergarten here.

• Upvote 2

RoseRed, I suppose that is possible. I don't find it likely to be an intentional attack because:

1) being very much in the broom closet and still mostly surrounded by Christian friends and family, I do not know ANYONE in my "real life" that (to my knowledge) practices witchcraft of the darker variety. There are some acquaintances of mine that practice fluffy bunny Wicca, and some new agey folks at the local metaphysical bookstore but none of these people would have any reason to harm me I'd think. My buddy Johnny (from the bad luck thread) and his aunt occasionally dabble, but again, it's pretty feel-good green Wicca stuff and they'd have no reason to attack me.

2) aside from my (soon to be ex) husband, I don't really have any enemies. That may sound strange I guess, but I've got that "peace maker" mentality (what originally drew me into ministry I suppose) and also, I have been making an extra effort to keep only drama-free, shallow friendships and social contacts because I know that as soon as the divorce goes down, I'm pretty much gonna have to uproot my life and get out of Dodge.

So which one of you witches got me in my sleep, huh? :-P

Now It's more likely to me that some highly psychic person in my life may have *inadvertently* astral-attacked me. Some energy vampire in my life above with spiritual-bond to me. That's quite possible..there are several folks in my family with strong, unacknowledged psychic abilities that sort of reach out and blindside people when provoked. Even Johnny or my husband could fit into that category.

Its been pointed out to me by all of you and the mods that Nikki's response was perfectly good advice. RR you are right it is likely that this is very much more to do with me than with RG. I have a pair so no way would I ever deal with some yappy dog of a person get up in my face like shes better than me just because she can spell fuck and is friends with the mods. I was embarrassed for RR reading that reply, but hey if shes cool with letting people talk to her that way who am I to say anything? I will happily take it elsewhere because I am used to dealing with a calibre of people that would not expect me to eat a lump of shit just because they had bothered to sprinkle some sugar over it.

Just so this thread doesnt get too far off topic- as I said in another thread Netflix has a documentary on sleep paralysis.

But I didn't say it was an intentional attack by a person. Just that an entity, spirit or person could be behind it and each has a slightly different feel to it. If you look for one specific thing instead of similarities you can overlook something important.

So which one of you witches got me in my sleep, huh? :-P

:wasntme:

I've been busy.

And believe it or not - I've been busy working on good, wholesome and positive things. I've come a long way, baby :vhappywitch:.

You know what, MoonShadow? You really need to pull your head out of your ass. You have the audacity to go on about yappy little dogs in your face when you're the one throwing the fucking insults around? For the record, nobody's friends with the Admin team - they keep to themselves to make sure that TW remains TW. Who the hell are you to come here and tell anyone how to behave, what to say or how to say it?

No one expects you to eat shit. We just expect you to be able to hold your own in conversation. Besides, who appointed you Protector of the Seekers and Word Nazi?

The issue is not whether Nikki's advice was good or not. The issue is that the way her advice was given is an acceptable conversation here. I really thought you had more steel than this. So, it was nice meeting you. Go hang out with your facebook calibre witches. Is that where you found out to put hematite on a spirit cloth?

Please try to remember that this is a forum for Trad Witches. You know, the ones that have been feared and persecuted for eons. For good fucking reason. And suddenly we're all supposed to roll over with our bellies in the air for rubbings. Don't think so.

Stay.

Or go.

I don't really give a shit.

• Upvote 2

Not sure if I can heave this train back onto the tracks, but here goes:

I'd like to point something out that I don't think anyone has really mentioned. I am NOT the Gatekeeper on this community, but this is my time to speak up.

If a new witch goes poking and prodding behind the Veil and over the Hedge, it is of course expected that they will attract a thing (or five) that go "bump in the night". It's common sense, right? What isn't always understood, however, is that if a new witch goes poking around in another witch's business, there is a whole other world that you are connecting to. To me, it is well with the realm of possibility that something like a hag attack could be something as calculated and insidious as a delayed response from another witch's Protection system.

Just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

I didn't really think that Nikki was accusing me of not having the balls the handle the attack or telling me to man up because she thought I was being a pussy about it. I just that she was saying that, in general, if you are gonna jump in the knife fight, you better not whimper over a papercut. Did not at all see it as a personal attack that I needed to stand up for myself over, or that she was getting in my face condescendingly at all. It's not an issue of "letting someone talk to me that way"...I don't believe there was any insult intended so why get so bent out of shape? I'm thick-skinned enough to fight my own battles when needed but this wasn't really a battle until MS made it one...

I'm fairly new to spiritwork of this level and Nikki knows that. She's given me advice on things in the past over some issues she has a unique grasp on. You could read her post one of two ways, with an aggressive tone of condescension (as MS did, apparently), or like a more-experienced instructor warning someone not to fuck with something unless they are ready to handle to consequences, with a tone that befits the weight of the situation. I can soooorta see why MS thought it was condescending but I don't l believe it was intended that way at all.

I could be wrong I suppose, in which case, fuck y'all! ha! :P

Anyways, miscommunication...moving on. Don't get too upset, Moonshadowe, you can't take anything too personally on this forum and I think you may have misinterpreted the tone of the conversation.

Sign in to follow this