• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#141 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:57 AM

Interesting Caps, I tried to bring something like that up on this thread awhile back, but I didn't get much feedback. Do you mean that one can use the experience as a tool when it happens to you, like for spiritual growth? Or do you mean how witches can use it as a tool to torment another?

Well I meant the latter, but both could apply. A witch who is well-versed in projection and traveling can use bedside visits to their advantage if they needed to do so.

Edited by Caps, 10 January 2016 - 01:58 AM.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#142 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:04 AM

Oh yes of course. I'm sure that is where the idea of the offending entity being a 'hag' comes from as well.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#143 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:24 PM

The most striking thing to me is that I now have an actual experience to draw upon now....I know what *exactly* what it feels like to have my personal energy invaded, to have something rumaging around in my mind.

And this brings me to the same point that Caps brought up.

Are you certain is was a spirit or entity and not another practitioner?

You know exactly what this experience felt like. Are you completely certain that the next time will feel the same? What if other spirits/ entities/ witches fucking with you (it happens) feels different? Would you still know what it is?

A roller coaster is a roller coaster. An old wooden one feels quite different from a modern one. They're both coasters. They both elicit similar feelings but because they aren't exactly the same... Being able to tell which is which is something that comes with experience. Even just once.

I'm just saying don't get too hung up on intricate details or lose the forest for the pattern of the bark on one specific tree.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#144 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:46 PM

I don't find "advice" like this to be encouraging or useful at all. Really its nothing more than condescending, arrogant and indicative of either youth or a low IQ. Either way it could have been delivered better or left out entirely. I am sure what RG experience was nothing less than terrifying and she shared that experience with confidence that she could trust the people who she shared it with to not heckle her. Save this type of nonsense for facebook please.

Sounds more like your own issues than RG's.

I spent some time in witchy facebook circles. :bunny3: It was :vomit: (vomit worthy) and for research purposes. I was told I was out of touch with the new witchcraft movement. I'm very good with being out of touch with most of the crap I found there.

RG asked a serious question from actual serious practitioners and got a serious and realistic answer. Grow a pair, get pissed off and use it. :thatsit:That's a damn good advice!

Or, put some steel in your spine :wiccanpie: before you hurt yourself.

What good is a witch against the unseen if she can't even handle a mildly uncomfortable conversation with other witches?
Or is it better to just sit back and watch an inexperienced witch serve herself up for lunch :chomp: ?

#145 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

Solancea, I don't think anyone is really saying books are bad or not useful. There's a time and place for research and study and understanding the underlying components of the things we deal with on a regular basis around here. I don't think being in the middle of an attack is the best time for it.

another thing - people keep telling me I should use more emoticons - to show that I'm not angry because, gods forbid, my words ever get taken at face value, but instead, people continually add tone, inflection and personal offense to them. I don't know. I think it's way more condescending to have to use little cartoon characters to get your point across. We're not in kindergarten here.

#146 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:46 PM

RoseRed, I suppose that is possible. I don't find it likely to be an intentional attack because:

1) being very much in the broom closet and still mostly surrounded by Christian friends and family, I do not know ANYONE in my "real life" that (to my knowledge) practices witchcraft of the darker variety. There are some acquaintances of mine that practice fluffy bunny Wicca, and some new agey folks at the local metaphysical bookstore but none of these people would have any reason to harm me I'd think. My buddy Johnny (from the bad luck thread) and his aunt occasionally dabble, but again, it's pretty feel-good green Wicca stuff and they'd have no reason to attack me.

2) aside from my (soon to be ex) husband, I don't really have any enemies. That may sound strange I guess, but I've got that "peace maker" mentality (what originally drew me into ministry I suppose) and also, I have been making an extra effort to keep only drama-free, shallow friendships and social contacts because I know that as soon as the divorce goes down, I'm pretty much gonna have to uproot my life and get out of Dodge.

So which one of you witches got me in my sleep, huh? :-P

Now It's more likely to me that some highly psychic person in my life may have *inadvertently* astral-attacked me. Some energy vampire in my life above with spiritual-bond to me. That's quite possible..there are several folks in my family with strong, unacknowledged psychic abilities that sort of reach out and blindside people when provoked. Even Johnny or my husband could fit into that category.

#147 LongGone

LongGone

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

Its been pointed out to me by all of you and the mods that Nikki's response was perfectly good advice. RR you are right it is likely that this is very much more to do with me than with RG. I have a pair so no way would I ever deal with some yappy dog of a person get up in my face like shes better than me just because she can spell fuck and is friends with the mods. I was embarrassed for RR reading that reply, but hey if shes cool with letting people talk to her that way who am I to say anything? I will happily take it elsewhere because I am used to dealing with a calibre of people that would not expect me to eat a lump of shit just because they had bothered to sprinkle some sugar over it.

Just so this thread doesnt get too far off topic- as I said in another thread Netflix has a documentary on sleep paralysis.

#148 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:57 PM

But I didn't say it was an intentional attack by a person. Just that an entity, spirit or person could be behind it and each has a slightly different feel to it. If you look for one specific thing instead of similarities you can overlook something important.

So which one of you witches got me in my sleep, huh? :-P

:wasntme:

I've been busy.

And believe it or not - I've been busy working on good, wholesome and positive things. I've come a long way, baby :vhappywitch:.

You know what, MoonShadow? You really need to pull your head out of your ass. You have the audacity to go on about yappy little dogs in your face when you're the one throwing the fucking insults around? For the record, nobody's friends with the Admin team - they keep to themselves to make sure that TW remains TW. Who the hell are you to come here and tell anyone how to behave, what to say or how to say it?

No one expects you to eat shit. We just expect you to be able to hold your own in conversation. Besides, who appointed you Protector of the Seekers and Word Nazi?

The issue is not whether Nikki's advice was good or not. The issue is that the way her advice was given is an acceptable conversation here. I really thought you had more steel than this. So, it was nice meeting you. Go hang out with your facebook calibre witches. Is that where you found out to put hematite on a spirit cloth?

Please try to remember that this is a forum for Trad Witches. You know, the ones that have been feared and persecuted for eons. For good fucking reason. And suddenly we're all supposed to roll over with our bellies in the air for rubbings. Don't think so.

Stay.

Or go.

I don't really give a shit.

#149 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

Not sure if I can heave this train back onto the tracks, but here goes:

I'd like to point something out that I don't think anyone has really mentioned. I am NOT the Gatekeeper on this community, but this is my time to speak up.

If a new witch goes poking and prodding behind the Veil and over the Hedge, it is of course expected that they will attract a thing (or five) that go "bump in the night". It's common sense, right? What isn't always understood, however, is that if a new witch goes poking around in another witch's business, there is a whole other world that you are connecting to. To me, it is well with the realm of possibility that something like a hag attack could be something as calculated and insidious as a delayed response from another witch's Protection system.

Just sayin'.

#150 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

I didn't really think that Nikki was accusing me of not having the balls the handle the attack or telling me to man up because she thought I was being a pussy about it. I just that she was saying that, in general, if you are gonna jump in the knife fight, you better not whimper over a papercut. Did not at all see it as a personal attack that I needed to stand up for myself over, or that she was getting in my face condescendingly at all. It's not an issue of "letting someone talk to me that way"...I don't believe there was any insult intended so why get so bent out of shape? I'm thick-skinned enough to fight my own battles when needed but this wasn't really a battle until MS made it one...

I'm fairly new to spiritwork of this level and Nikki knows that. She's given me advice on things in the past over some issues she has a unique grasp on. You could read her post one of two ways, with an aggressive tone of condescension (as MS did, apparently), or like a more-experienced instructor warning someone not to fuck with something unless they are ready to handle to consequences, with a tone that befits the weight of the situation. I can soooorta see why MS thought it was condescending but I don't l believe it was intended that way at all.

I could be wrong I suppose, in which case, fuck y'all! ha! :P

Anyways, miscommunication...moving on. Don't get too upset, Moonshadowe, you can't take anything too personally on this forum and I think you may have misinterpreted the tone of the conversation.

#151 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:12 PM

ImamSua, that's a fascinating theory. So you're saying that the witch with the defenss set up might not even be aware that the attack was triggered?

#152 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

ImamSua, that's a fascinating theory. So you're saying that the witch with the defenss set up might not even be aware that the attack was triggered?

---

Depends on the witch, as well as their unique preferences and priorities. Some may be focused on the mundane aspects of daily life and don't care to get a "ping" when their Defenses are hit; others may may regularly and heavily involved in occult activity and find it necessary to keep a tight log of "visitors", as well as the Defense responses that those visitors trigger.

Yet another tangent to that approach is that a new witch might be clueless about both the presence and constant work of inherited ancestral spirits that keep him or her Protected from other magicians. Think how prevalent the lore is regarding guardian angels. What better egregore for protective spirits to exploit than preexisting archetypes like the Old Hag and the Hat Man?

#153 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:54 PM

To whom it may concern.....I'm SURE this isn't pointed advice.....

Entities that feed on fear will keep coming if that is how you respond. There are simple techniques to disabuse those types of spirits, but who cares?

Go elsewhere, and labor on, dear thing!

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning."  - Cormac McCarthy

#154 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

It takes one hell of a witch to actually accomplish an old hag attack. And to do so un/subconsciously and not even bother to pay attention to it simply because it's part of defense system? That's 1%er kind of Work. It's certainly a possibility - but I doubt a probability.

Something I discuss quite a bit is that people go through occult forums and use the members for target practice. It happens, way more often than most people think. And then you also have the possibility a witch or practitioner getting pissed off and launching an attack..

Considering the timing, that you literally tapped the bone earlier in the day, I would assume this was a spirit thing. Nothing like getting thrown in the deep end. 'Help me learn'. Sure. Sink or swim, darling.

Some people are never able to communicate on a verbal level with spirits. It's just the way they're built. Think about everything that goes into communication, aside from language - expression, body language, smells, visions, use all of your senses and abilities. Sure, 'speaking' is the 'gold standard' but there are other ways of communication that work better. Usually, it's a matter of finding out what works for you. You communicate with your cat. I highly doubt it answers back in Americanized English - but you still understand it. Same principal.

How do you communicate with an infant that hasn't learned words yet?

And hey - let's point out the awesome here! You didn't stay paralyzed for long. Kudus!

#155 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

The sink or swim lesson really resonates with me because it's quite consistent with the general messages that I've been recieving from my ancestors in divination and dreams: "Toughen up because things are going to get worse before they get better. But they are gonna get way better"

I've always connected with my helpful family spirits through animal signs, specifically through owls and foxes and certain kinds of songbirds. Even before I had any occult leanings, my mother and I both always recognized that certain animals tended to make rare appearances to us in times of significance and my mother says that my grandmother was sensitive to those signs as well.

Yesterday evening, while I was walking in the park near my apartment, I saw the biggest great horned owl I had ever seen. He dropped something big in the path ahead of me and I went to see what it was. It was the furry foot of a rabbit, leg bone still attached and stripped bare, stringy tendons wrapped all around it, but it was mostly frozen and there wasn't any blood or gore. I had no way to safely get it home or I might have taken it. Instead, I covered it loosely with leaves and stones, which felt like the thing to do for some reason.

It was a beautiful, surreal moment though. While most people consider owl omens to be ominous, for me, owls are usually just the easiest way to get my attention. And rabbits feet are pretty universally recognized as a good luck charm, so I interpreted it to be a sign that I am recieving the tools I am gonna need for the road ahead.

Edited by RapunzelGnome, 11 January 2016 - 05:37 PM.

#156 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

Great horned owls are magnificent. I've been visited by them as well, and they don't tend to inhabit the land I dwell in. They are unmistakable though. Mating pairs, on my laundry line behind the house...the owls, and the red-tail hawks.....absolutely gorgeous.

I like you, Rapunzel, for some reason, although we don't know each other. So I will tell you this: camphor. Camphor, floated in a glass of water, underneath your bed, or on your side table, will always protect your dreams. I have related this information to others here, and it is verified, far beyond tradition.

It just has to be used..carefully. Too much protection will also prevent your advancement, your experiences...

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning."  - Cormac McCarthy

#157 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:32 PM

Thank you, Aurelian. I really appreciate your advice. You're a wise, kind soul and a fellow Aries to boot.

So far, my sleep hasn't been disturbed since the attack, and no dreams. Which is a little bizarre since I have a very vivid dream life most of the time.

But I will make note of camphor in water for future reference in case something like this happens again to the extent that I am unable to get adequate rest.

#158 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:31 AM

so, are you ready to try sleeping without the incense?

#159 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

I just might.

#160 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:23 AM

go you!

If it happens again - something you could try - is to reach out and grab it by it's fucking spine. Or head. Or whatever.

Not everyone is capable of physically grabbing onto a spirit but it IS possible. It really freaks them out - they rarely expect that.

Has anyone else heard of the ability to do that before? In 20 some years I've only heard of it from a few practitioners.