#41 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:49 AM

Yeah maybe they aren't the crazy nutbags i took them for :D
I make the path - Alice from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

#42 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:50 AM

Yeah maybe they aren't the crazy nutbags i took them for :D

Funny you should mention the word "Nutbags" LOL! I was just using that word in a sentence!

#43 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:06 AM

hmm i'm suddenly reminiscent of Landieth's grey dildo....

#44 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:14 AM

hmm i'm suddenly reminiscent of landieth's grey dildo....

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#45 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:44 PM

Rofl!!!

#46 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

I found this a really interesting post and it made me remember an incident that have happened to me.

Sixteen years ago, when I was pregnant with my daughter I got really ill and had to go and live at my parents house. I slept in the back room. I can remember one night waking, from a dream where I could see a black shape moving very fast up the stairs towards my room. I remember being almost paralysed with fear as I knew it wasn't a neutral or friendly presence. The next thing I knew, it was next to my bed and then it moved quickly to behind my head, where it began pushing down really hard on my chest. I struggled but felt like I was drugged... like I had no energy in my body at all. Somehow I got out of the room and ran for my parents room - burst in (like I was 10 or something and suffering a nightmare) and literally fell on their bed. I felt such a twat. My Dad bless him, came back to the room with me and offered to sleep in my bed and I got in with my Mum. I felt a real idiot, but was too heavily pregnant and unwell to care really. Next morning, no mention was made of anything.

A year later - I'd recovered more from my illness and my baby had been born safely. My Dad and I were sitting drinking tea. He told me that on that night when we'd swapped rooms.. he'd just drifted off to sleep when 'someone came and stood behind him and pushed down hard on his chest'. I was staggered that he'd told me this and relieved that I wasn't having some strange hormonal/illness related meltdown. I'd been blaming blood pressure/sleep paralysis etc... but knew deep down it certainly wasn't a physical/mental thing we'd experienced. I have no idea what or why this happened.

#47 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:11 PM

I found this a really interesting post and it made me remember an incident that have happened to me.

Sixteen years ago, when I was pregnant with my daughter I got really ill and had to go and live at my parents house. I slept in the back room. I can remember one night waking, from a dream where I could see a black shape moving very fast up the stairs towards my room. I remember being almost paralysed with fear as I knew it wasn't a neutral or friendly presence. The next thing I knew, it was next to my bed and then it moved quickly to behind my head, where it began pushing down really hard on my chest. I struggled but felt like I was drugged... like I had no energy in my body at all. Somehow I got out of the room and ran for my parents room - burst in (like I was 10 or something and suffering a nightmare) and literally fell on their bed. I felt such a twat. My Dad bless him, came back to the room with me and offered to sleep in my bed and I got in with my Mum. I felt a real idiot, but was too heavily pregnant and unwell to care really. Next morning, no mention was made of anything.

A year later - I'd recovered more from my illness and my baby had been born safely. My Dad and I were sitting drinking tea. He told me that on that night when we'd swapped rooms.. he'd just drifted off to sleep when 'someone came and stood behind him and pushed down hard on his chest'. I was staggered that he'd told me this and relieved that I wasn't having some strange hormonal/illness related meltdown. I'd been blaming blood pressure/sleep paralysis etc... but knew deep down it certainly wasn't a physical/mental thing we'd experienced. I have no idea what or why this happened.

It's neat on one hand that you both shared the experience, but aweful you had to go through it. It's always an eye opener when one experiences something, the other shrugs it off and then experiences it later. lol

#48 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:21 AM

Wow that is scary but i'm so glad you and your little one were ok - i hope that you were or are able to get rid of that nasty so it doesn't hurt anyone again

#49 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:35 AM

Wow that is scary but i'm so glad you and your little one were ok - i hope that you were or are able to get rid of that nasty so it doesn't hurt anyone again

My 'little one' was 16 last week .... time flies! I never did anything to get rid of it at the time, I was too ill - but no one ever experienced anything like it again and the house was eventually sold for different reasons.

But - yes, it was scary and I have no idea why it happened. Maybe it was attracted because I was ill? Who knows. :scared: I'm better protected now!:witchbroom:

#50 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

My 'little one' was 16 last week .... time flies! I never did anything to get rid of it at the time, I was too ill - but no one ever experienced anything like it again and the house was eventually sold for different reasons.

But - yes, it was scary and I have no idea why it happened. Maybe it was attracted because I was ill? Who knows. :scared: I'm better protected now!:witchbroom:

Hmm.. it could have been. :shrugs: You know yourself better than anyone else after all. :) But I do think it could have came while you were ill because illness it zaps your strength. Be interesting if you remember anything else, if you find out more maybe keep us updated! :)

#51 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:28 AM

LOL i know how you feel - my little one just turned one, man that went quick!!

Well it came and got your dad too so maybe it's just a nasty bugger - do your parents still live in the house??

#52 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

LOL it's true... life flies by at an alarming rate.... is it just part of getting older.. time flying? As I remember as a child I used to wish time away and it seemed to drag!!!LOL

My mum sold the house Nyxiah - it never felt like a bad house.. but when they viewed it, I walked into that back room and 'saw' tribal masks everywhere. Strange.. my grandparents lived there with my mum and my Nan used to complain that a man would often stand in her doorway staring at her!

It never felt bad.. but at one point, my mum suggested I buy it and she move out.. I said no.. it would have been perfect for my size family but it just didn't feel right for me.

#53 SeaPriestess

SeaPriestess

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

I remember a dream that was similar. In the dream a man came to my bedroom window and I was trying to close the window but he was grabbing my arms and climbing in. When I tried to yell out I found my mouth wouldn't open or make any sound. Well I guess this is kind of similar. I havn't woken up with sleep paralysis before though. Wikipedia has some info on it:

Sleep paralysis is a common condition characterized by transient partial or total paralysis of skeletal muscles and areflexia that occurs upon awakening from sleep or less often while falling asleep. Stimuli such as touch or sound may terminate the episode, which usually has a duration of seconds to minutes. This condition may occur in normal subjects or be associated with narcolepsy, cataplexy, and hypnagogic hallucinations. The pathophysiology of this condition is closely related to the normal hypotonia that occur during REM sleep.[1] When considered to be a disease, isolated sleep paralysis is classified as MeSH D020188.

I would consider it a natural occurance, and not that a Witch/Hag is attacking you (excuse me I am a Witch and I don't go attacking people in their sleep) lol

#54 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

It could have been a neg, not necessarily another witch. Please search the forums for "negs" and "Robert Bruce" - you will find umpteen threads discussing similar experiences.
Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#55 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:55 AM

thanks Sandy - was about to say the same thing :D

#56 Desert Sage

Desert Sage

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

There are cases of sleep paralysis where you wake up in the wrong sleep cycle and find you can't move at all.

Not saying the experiences people have had aren't real, just offering a possible explanation for some.

If you are not using your brain, do you mind if I feed it to the dragon?

#57 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

yeeeesh i have that sometimes. i think its something to do with your mind waking up but not fully, and your body not waking at all. kinda crosses your dreams with reality. its horrible!
:vomit:

There are cases of sleep paralysis where you wake up in the wrong sleep cycle and find you can't move at all.

Not saying the experiences people have had aren't real, just offering a possible explanation for some.

Do not do what you desire - do what is necessary

#58 celeste

celeste

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

It's fascinating reading all of your accounts.

I had something similar happen a few years ago. I woke up one night and was laying on my back with my legs straight and my arms straight at my sides (this in and of itself was strange because I *always* wake up in really strange positions, ever since I was a child). I woke up in this position and immediately realized I couldn't move. I tried and tried and as I did, I felt myself sinking into the bed. This is where it's kind of different than what a lot of you have been mentioning... I didn't feel pressure on top of me or anything like that, or even a pulling below me, I just felt like I was sinking. I don't remember how long it took to wear off, or if I did anything to make it go away, but eventually it did and since there wasn't really any major feeling of negativity I didn't think much about it, besides the fact that it was pretty strange.

In case it happens again, though, maybe I'll be better prepared after reading what's been said here.

#59 DeviousMousie

DeviousMousie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:46 AM

It's fascinating reading all of your accounts.

I had something similar happen a few years ago. I woke up one night and was laying on my back with my legs straight and my arms straight at my sides (this in and of itself was strange because I *always* wake up in really strange positions, ever since I was a child). I woke up in this position and immediately realized I couldn't move. I tried and tried and as I did, I felt myself sinking into the bed. This is where it's kind of different than what a lot of you have been mentioning... I didn't feel pressure on top of me or anything like that, or even a pulling below me, I just felt like I was sinking. I don't remember how long it took to wear off, or if I did anything to make it go away, but eventually it did and since there wasn't really any major feeling of negativity I didn't think much about it, besides the fact that it was pretty strange.

In case it happens again, though, maybe I'll be better prepared after reading what's been said here.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like you were getting ready to project to me. One thing that is commonly described about astral projection is that there's this heavy sinking feeling of the body before the spirit leaves it. I've never experienced it before, but that's what it sounds like to me.

#60 GeminiKiss

GeminiKiss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

ok i know this was posted a while back but i had to reply. reading all of your stories scared me sh**less. I am a huge chicken. When I sleep by myself I have to sleep with my nightlight on, lamp on, and big light on. I still cant fall asleep. Its only at my friends house though. After I read the stories, I was kinda panicking inside thinking that was gonna happen to me. Anyways after i read the stories, I decided to play happy games on facebook and i was all cheery and smiley then the lights flickered but no one else saw them flicker but me. As i am writing this i am scared senseless.

*~GeminiKiss~*