Studio Ghibli Productions

Ancestral Celt

*loves*

This company has got to be one of my favourite movie companies of all time, they are just sooooo good!!!

I absolutely adore My neighbour totoro, Spirited away and Kiki's delivery service and Howls moving castle!!!

I find them so much more entertaining than whats being produced by disney , but thats just me ;)

how good are they soapfairy!!!! i saw them ans fell in love with them as well :D did u know that in Japan they have studio Ghibli world, where they show u where they make the films and they have actualy built a catbus that u can drive aroaund in...its sort of like universal studios/disney turned japanese :D

Kiki's delivery service rocked :D

You can get on ebay the ( well almost) full boxset collection of all they flms they had made up to Howls moving castle for about $75 (aust) and there are over 8 movies in that set from princess monoke to spirited away!!!

Brilliant box set if u can get your hands on it :)

Has anyone here seen Spirited Away, Princess Minanoke, My Neighbour Tortoro, or Howl's Moving Castle?

Although Japanese cartoons, they capture the spirit of magic and I enjoy them.

YES. I am a huge Miyazaki fan! I also loved the novel version of Howl's Moving Castle.

Kiki's delivery service rocked :D

You can get on ebay the ( well almost) full boxset collection of all they flms they had made up to Howls moving castle for about $75 (aust) and there are over 8 movies in that set from princess monoke to spirited away!!!

Brilliant box set if u can get your hands on it :)

Thank you for the info! *sneaks off to go buy a lot of movies*

• 1 year later...
Guest ThePopeVI

Castle in the Sky is one of my FAVES! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these movies I have not seem Porco Roso.. LOVE Kiki's Delivery Service as well... My 8 year olds FAVORITE is Princess Mononoke (I had to take it away for a while because she thought the nightwalker was going to come get her) but she is watching again no probs and no probs with the littler ones either (normally a movie like this I wouldnt really let the under 8 watch LOL) I gobble up all of these movies and I thank Disney for bringing them over! new one coming out soon called "Ponyo" (Princess Mononoke was Miramax production) but spirited away got a contract to bring ALL over from Disney Naussicaa (sp) of the Valley of the Wind Is a GREAT one too! *okay* *pant**pant* steps down off soap box.... I just LOVE THEM!

I've seen nearly all Studio Ghibli films except Nausica and another one whose name i can't remember. I didn't like Castle in the Sky too much. Porco Rosso is also a very good film and also EarthSea, along with Miyazaki's "rival" Hiroyuki Morita's movies. "The Cat Returns" is a lovely film by Morita that I would suggest watching. Probably my favourite is Spirited Away (because of the scenes when you first see the bath house) and Princess Mononoke.

• 9 months later...

I'm a huge fan of anything by Hayao Miyazaki. Most of his films capture the essence of Japanese folklore, especially Spirited Away...it captures Shintoism is a really cute and friendly way.

I prefer watching these films in Japanese though, but it's SO hard to find them with the original audio unless you bootleg them.

Out of curiosity, I did a quick search of Studio Ghibli Productions and Spirited Away, because I had absolutely no idea what this thread was referring to. The reason I have no knowledge of the above is that cute and friendly aren't really my thing. My teenage son occasionally watches programs similar to this. He says they are kinda funny and a good way to pass the time . . . not too heavy or involved.

Jevne

• 2 years later...