Photo
- - - - -

How about a fun silly room.....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Leesa

Leesa

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:21 PM

Just a thought and not sure if this is that kinda forum but, what about a silly room for fun thread posting games we could play with each other? Like a 'say something nice about the poster before you' thread or a 'what's on your mind' thread or 'list 20 things about you' kinda stuff.... It's fun plus you get to know some other ppl.... I dunno, what do you think? Just a thought

Leesa

Sorry, I should've posted this in the Forum Suggestions section

#2 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:29 AM

I appreciate your idea but in a word no. We want to get to know people on a spiritual level, if you want to have a laugh and joke, you can use the chat room. To be honest there is enough banter on here already which is detracting away from the purpose of this site, personally I honestly don't feel it needs to be encouraged. There are fun places to post already and I believe this is enough.

We already have a "humour" forum and "deprived and depraved" forum - Im not sure what else you want without turning this site into a circus.

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#3 Marshy

Marshy

Eternal Seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:40 PM

Agree with you 100% Sandy, but then I guess you knew that already;) There are plenty of places already catering for that but all too few goodserious sites
Hal wes u, folde, fira modor ! Marshy :flyaway:

#4 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:36 PM

Just a thought and not sure if this is that kinda forum but, what about a silly room for fun thread posting games we could play with each other? Like a 'say something nice about the poster before you' thread or a 'what's on your mind' thread or 'list 20 things about you' kinda stuff.... It's fun plus you get to know some other ppl.... I dunno, what do you think? Just a thought

Leesa

Sorry, I should've posted this in the Forum Suggestions section

Yeah I would have to put my foot down here on this strongly.

This is NOT the place to have anything like that and to be honest if it were I wouldn't be here.

This is a traditional witchcraft site...not romper room.

#5 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:53 PM

Leesa... Obviously you can see, by the number of posts piliing up, that the answer to your suggestion is no, but I think Sandy's post best makes the reasons why super-clear for you.

I suspect that you're the sort that likes to feel like family in a forum, and that includes having a "fun" place to do things like games, correct?? We all like being close too, but we try to keep the forum in a more serious tone. Being a witch can be difficult enough on its own, and we want the board to present as "witchy" a face as it can, which is why we have one specific place for jokes, etc... and then there's the more racy "D or D" forum, of which you're already familiar. ;)

That being said, again, the "Humour" forum probably can accomodate most of your fun side... so please do feel free to post all the jokes and whatnot you want in there.

Thanks for your suggestion, even though it doesn't fit. Please do post more as you think of them. We do appreciate our members wanting to do good things for our forum.

:D

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#6 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:15 AM

Um, yes, I definitely agree. Sometimes the "play" can be to the detriment of others, or simply inane. I was on a site like that, but no more.
It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#7 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:52 AM

I'm so glad this was vetoed. One sight that I use to go to they started this & its pretty much took over there forum. Its suppose to be pagan but its more these kinds of games then any real meat on paganism.

SapphireMoon