Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgana

Crystal Balls

Does anyone use a crystal ball? If so, which do you feel is the best? I would like to try a ball and see if I'm good at that too. I use a mirror now and have pretty well mastered tarot and runes. I've looked at them on line but don't know if I should get a clear one or what. Thats why I'm asking for someone opinion on what they feel is the best.:p

Nope... not me. I'd love to, but I haven't mastered any divinatory tools. I'm interested in the info though. :D

Does anyone use a crystal ball? If so, which do you feel is the best? I would like to try a ball and see if I'm good at that too. I use a mirror now and have pretty well mastered tarot and runes. I've looked at them on line but don't know if I should get a clear one or what. Thats why I'm asking for someone opinion on what they feel is the best.:p

I have a crystal ball (a decent size one). I would suggest to get one that is crystal and not glass...imo it is the prisms and cracks within the crystal that help one in divination :)

I have a crystal ball but its purely decorative.

Since I have never really had any luck with it and the fact that its made out of glass. All I ever see in it is the other side of the room up-side down, lol.

When I have the money I am going to get a better one.

I would love to find a crystal ball from a real crystal. Where can you find them?

I have never tried that. My mother was good with bringing out positive results with a ouija board, but I only saw a dark and sinister presence. I got rid of mine with fire.

Check online at any good crystal place...hhmm....I'll check aorund to see if I can locate a decent one and post the link on here :)

I have a large clear crystal ball, and it works very well for me... as a paperweight. I bought it online, and it didn't do a thing for me. I usually get my psychic flashes when I'm driving, stirring a pot of soup, stargazing, or even meditating. The toys don't seem to help much.

If at all possible, I would recommend that you check your local metaphysical shops and see if they carry crystal balls. Seeing them in person might give you an idea of which kinds you like (and don't like), so you can make an informed decision. I sure wish I had done that before I purchased one online... :rolleyes:

Guest Rebie

I do not have a crystal ball, but I do have a good size sphere made of Labradorite. It is a greenish goldish metallic flecked stone. My hubby purchased it for me as a Yule gift many years ago. He was so proud he did that all on his own. :D I use it for my personal gazing or scrying. Works well for me. Crystal balls have never appealed to me so that is why I do not have one. From what I do know, it is up to you as to what kind you should get. what works best for you. It is only a tool. But I do find that stones and crystals have energy properties or I guess you could say energy vibration levels. So I find using real stones instead of glass better. That is my own experiance and preference.

Rebie

If you guys have a look on the front page you can see Pagan Links. These are more links to places that sell great things such as crystal balls:

http://www.traditionalwitch.net/pagan-links/

see handcrafted for example http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HandcraftedUK, this guy is brilliant and offers a discount if you say you came from here! I bought the most hugest real crystal ball from him as well as loads of other stuff - he has some really unique things in there and if you dont see what you want, just ask him - he will get it for you Im sure.

Fascinating-- I'm going to have a look at that site. I also forgot about the pagan links. WooHoo, resources! ;)

I have two. Both are Quartz Crystal. I do not use them for divination, but just use thier energy in the house. For that reason, glass would not work for me. I tend to stick to the pendulum for divination work.

GO

So basically quartz crystal would be my best option. Didn't know if one with color would be better. I use a mirror in the winter months and in the summer I like to use my fire pit fire. Works good for me. So, we'll try the old ball and see which I like better. Thanks!

I've got a clear one...when I bought it, it was labelled, "crystal ball"...it wasn't a real crystal ball...I think the vibrations you'd get from the quartz would help in divination as well...mine, like others have said here, is just pretty decoration...

but why not make your own divination tool...gather bits and bobs from around the house or out on walks or hell from those cheap-o dollar stores if it catches your fancy and create your own tool...each thing means something different and you can use them as you would runes...throw them or pick out one from a bag you make special for them...I've been thinking about doing this for a while...just waiting for inspiration to hit me...:) I think I've heard this called Witch's Charms...

I agree with Rebie that it is only a tool. But I also agree that if you feel it is something you would like - then go and get a crystal one and not a glass one.

Probably you should go to what you are drawn to.

I have thought about getting one - but purely for decorative purposes only:)

Crystal balls have never worked for me (no matter what kind). My regular mirror (not scrying) has actually helped me more than anything else...well...aside from my tarots that is ;)

But I have to say, most of my experiences come in a flash when I least expect it! Like someone else said, I could be driving, smoking a cigarette outside (I don't smoke in the house) or simply lying in bed. That has actually worked better than anything else :)

Thanks for all the advise. I ordered a Quartz crystal. I'll work with it and see what happens. I'm fairly good with mirrors and such, but its something to learn to do over the long winter.

Jaime, I've made a lot of my stuff and like to work with them. Family is glad I don't like the cold, I won't be out walking as much. In the summer I'm like a little kid, out walking and filling my pockets with everything that catches my eye. I must have a dozen cigar boxes full of "stuff" (as my kids call it). Actually, I have 2 nice walking staffs that I have to get started on, de-barking, staining, etc. That will keep me buzy for a couple of weeks. LOL

I have a crystal ball that I use for answering questions. I have three crystal balls in fact. I tend to use just the one though. I can recommend getting a crystal with inclusions to start and, once you tune into the visions whilst under trance, you will get an idea of the "frequency" you need to tune into that type of crystal when scrying. From there, you can work with different crystals such as smoky quartz or citrine. I prefer those that are transluscent, rather than solid myself, as I seem rather unable to view anything in solid rocks.

Guest Renegade

I've got a clear quartz ball. My Nan bought it for me about 12 years ago. It's only the size of a large marble though, and has a slight scratch on where my Nans dog picked it up with his teeth for me when the pouch it was kept in burst!

I haven't had a lot of sucess with it (probably due to the size). I don't bother lighting candles around it whilst scrying because I think its a bit risky when I have my hair so close!

To date I've never seen actual pictures forming in it, nor shapes like you would with tealeaves, but I do get the black and red clouds that go inwards or outwards depending on a yes or no answer. I see the occassional white sparks too, but nothing else.

I've always been drawn to the egyptian style obsidian mirrors rather than the crystal ball, but probably only because I appreciate the beauty in them, plus they are a bit sexier than airy-fairy quartz!

I must say that I like scrying with an obsidian mirror, too. I know I said in an earlier post I don't enjoy scrying with solid materials, but the mirror is my exception. I had one made by Steve Patterson, the cornish carver who does work for the Museum of Witchcraft. Its georgous to look and and wonderful to scry.

I don't use a candle behind the crystal either. I have one to the side, but its not close. I find burning mugwort in an incense blend helps to achieve the "tuning in" process. Once in trance, the visions form. Sometimes, the ball clouds first, sometimes it runs straight to the full on visuals. For me, the visuals appear in the ball (very much like watching television) and don't expand beyond its sphere. I did learn a few tricks from various people when learning to use my ball. Try the mugwort first though. ;)

Guest Renegade

I have read about mugwort being helpful. What I need to know first though, is it safe for ex-epileptics to use? Are there any other herbal washes/incense that anyone has found helps with this?

I was also wondering whether the ability to see clearly in a crystal ball was connected to clairvoyance? If it was, that may explain why I don't find it easy. I'm more clairsentient and clairaudient.

I have 2 crystall balls myself, a small one and a bigger one. Now, as far as I've read you cannot use a ball thats 50" or smaller to read stuff in coz its simply too small. That's why I got the bigger one. However, I am also more clairsentient than clairvoyant, and found that I cannot get any visions of it (maybe I'm just not doing it right, dunno). I do however use my crystall balls for something completely different: a power source for my spells. I've noticed that crystal balls are an excellent power boost if you're a little tired, or just to add extra power to your spell. And, the bigger the ball, the bigger the boost.

Btw, I picked mine by holding them, and went for the 'crackled' look, as I find them more interesting than clear ones to stare in (way more to see). I also had a glass one (which was unfortunately stolen), and the difference is astounding. The glass one feels dead while the crystal one sends vibrations throughout my body.

I agree with what you say Amargith and you should never buy a glass ball but always go for Crystal. I know they are more expensive, but the energy in the long run is much better.