Photo
- - - - -

Crystal Balls

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:43 PM

Does anyone use a crystal ball? If so, which do you feel is the best? I would like to try a ball and see if I'm good at that too. I use a mirror now and have pretty well mastered tarot and runes. I've looked at them on line but don't know if I should get a clear one or what. Thats why I'm asking for someone opinion on what they feel is the best.:P

#2 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:59 AM

Nope... not me. I'd love to, but I haven't mastered any divinatory tools. I'm interested in the info though. :D

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#3 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:37 AM

Does anyone use a crystal ball? If so, which do you feel is the best? I would like to try a ball and see if I'm good at that too. I use a mirror now and have pretty well mastered tarot and runes. I've looked at them on line but don't know if I should get a clear one or what. Thats why I'm asking for someone opinion on what they feel is the best.:P

I have a crystal ball (a decent size one). I would suggest to get one that is crystal and not glass...imo it is the prisms and cracks within the crystal that help one in divination :)

#4 Terri

Terri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:35 AM

I have a crystal ball but its purely decorative.
Since I have never really had any luck with it and the fact that its made out of glass. All I ever see in it is the other side of the room up-side down, lol.

When I have the money I am going to get a better one.

#5 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:11 AM

I would love to find a crystal ball from a real crystal. Where can you find them?
I have never tried that. My mother was good with bringing out positive results with a ouija board, but I only saw a dark and sinister presence. I got rid of mine with fire.

It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#6 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:17 AM

Check online at any good crystal place...hhmm....I'll check aorund to see if I can locate a decent one and post the link on here :)

#7 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:25 AM

Thank you!
It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#8 Nightshade

Nightshade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:38 AM

I have a large clear crystal ball, and it works very well for me... as a paperweight. I bought it online, and it didn't do a thing for me. I usually get my psychic flashes when I'm driving, stirring a pot of soup, stargazing, or even meditating. The toys don't seem to help much.

If at all possible, I would recommend that you check your local metaphysical shops and see if they carry crystal balls. Seeing them in person might give you an idea of which kinds you like (and don't like), so you can make an informed decision. I sure wish I had done that before I purchased one online... :rolleyes:

#9 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:08 PM

I do not have a crystal ball, but I do have a good size sphere made of Labradorite. It is a greenish goldish metallic flecked stone. My hubby purchased it for me as a Yule gift many years ago. He was so proud he did that all on his own. :D I use it for my personal gazing or scrying. Works well for me. Crystal balls have never appealed to me so that is why I do not have one. From what I do know, it is up to you as to what kind you should get. what works best for you. It is only a tool. But I do find that stones and crystals have energy properties or I guess you could say energy vibration levels. So I find using real stones instead of glass better. That is my own experiance and preference.
Rebie

#10 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:38 PM

If you guys have a look on the front page you can see Pagan Links. These are more links to places that sell great things such as crystal balls:
http://www.tradition...et/pagan-links/

see handcrafted for example http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HandcraftedUK, this guy is brilliant and offers a discount if you say you came from here! I bought the most hugest real crystal ball from him as well as loads of other stuff - he has some really unique things in there and if you dont see what you want, just ask him - he will get it for you Im sure.

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#11 Holly

Holly

Thaumatourgos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:51 PM

Fascinating-- I'm going to have a look at that site. I also forgot about the pagan links. WooHoo, resources! ;)

#12 GreyOwl

GreyOwl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:56 PM

I have two. Both are Quartz Crystal. I do not use them for divination, but just use thier energy in the house. For that reason, glass would not work for me. I tend to stick to the pendulum for divination work.

GO

#13 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:19 AM

So basically quartz crystal would be my best option. Didn't know if one with color would be better. I use a mirror in the winter months and in the summer I like to use my fire pit fire. Works good for me. So, we'll try the old ball and see which I like better. Thanks!

#14 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:23 AM

I've got a clear one...when I bought it, it was labelled, "crystal ball"...it wasn't a real crystal ball...I think the vibrations you'd get from the quartz would help in divination as well...mine, like others have said here, is just pretty decoration...

but why not make your own divination tool...gather bits and bobs from around the house or out on walks or hell from those cheap-o dollar stores if it catches your fancy and create your own tool...each thing means something different and you can use them as you would runes...throw them or pick out one from a bag you make special for them...I've been thinking about doing this for a while...just waiting for inspiration to hit me...:) I think I've heard this called Witch's Charms...

:howl-moon:

Respect the Elders. Teach the Young. Cooperate with the Pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your Mark.

:Witch-1:

#15 Earthwind

Earthwind

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:02 AM

I agree with Rebie that it is only a tool. But I also agree that if you feel it is something you would like - then go and get a crystal one and not a glass one.

Probably you should go to what you are drawn to.

I have thought about getting one - but purely for decorative purposes only:)

A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.

Love and Hugs from Jan (aka Earthwind) :hugs:

http://www.magicalfa...rsandothers.com

http://www.sensation...dulgences.co.uk

#16 x.Rowan.x

x.Rowan.x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

Crystal balls have never worked for me (no matter what kind). My regular mirror (not scrying) has actually helped me more than anything else...well...aside from my tarots that is ;)

But I have to say, most of my experiences come in a flash when I least expect it! Like someone else said, I could be driving, smoking a cigarette outside (I don't smoke in the house) or simply lying in bed. That has actually worked better than anything else :)

-------------------------
"Last time we mixed politics with religion...people got burned at the stake "

#17 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for all the advise. I ordered a Quartz crystal. I'll work with it and see what happens. I'm fairly good with mirrors and such, but its something to learn to do over the long winter.

Jaime, I've made a lot of my stuff and like to work with them. Family is glad I don't like the cold, I won't be out walking as much. In the summer I'm like a little kid, out walking and filling my pockets with everything that catches my eye. I must have a dozen cigar boxes full of "stuff" (as my kids call it). Actually, I have 2 nice walking staffs that I have to get started on, de-barking, staining, etc. That will keep me buzy for a couple of weeks. LOL

#18 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:25 PM

I have a crystal ball that I use for answering questions. I have three crystal balls in fact. I tend to use just the one though. I can recommend getting a crystal with inclusions to start and, once you tune into the visions whilst under trance, you will get an idea of the "frequency" you need to tune into that type of crystal when scrying. From there, you can work with different crystals such as smoky quartz or citrine. I prefer those that are transluscent, rather than solid myself, as I seem rather unable to view anything in solid rocks.

#19 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:48 AM

Have been working with a clear quartz and it seems to be working for me.

#20 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:50 AM

Its great, isn't it? I think its a bit more fun than watching television myself. :P