12 Tbsp or 3/4 cup (1 & 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp

1 cup icing sugar

grated zest of 2 limes

2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice

1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract

1 3/4 cups + 2 Tbsp allpurpose flour

2 Tbsp cornstarch

1/4 tsp salt

In a counter mixer with whisk attachment, cream butter and 1/3 c sugar until fluffy. Add lime zest, juice, vanilla and beat until fluffy.

In a med bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined,

Between 2 pieces of 8"x12" parchment paper, roll dough into two 1 & 1/4" diameter logs. Wrap and chill at least one hour (if wanting to prepare ahead, freeze at this stage - will keep for up to a month).

Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (place two thirds remaining sugar in a resealable bag.

Cut logs into 1/8" rounds and place on sheets one inch apart.

Bake cookies until barely golden (about 15 mins). Transfer to wire rack to cool for 8-10 mins. While still warm, place cookies in sugar filled bag and gently toss to coat. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

*These might read like a lot of work, but once you get used to making them, they're really not...and they really do melt in your mouth :)

• 1 month later...

These sound perfect to take along on our trail rides during the summer. Do they keep rather well for a bit in the heat? lol I'll try keeping them in with a freezer block just to be sure! Thanks for sharing!

YW :)

I wouldn't leave them in the heat for a long time. They might get all gooky with the sugar coating...I'd think in the fridge or room temp would be best. These are an icebox cookie, so I tend to keep a couple of "logs" in the freezer and then cook them just before company comes over...when they're set to start getting freezer burnt, I cook 'em up and bring them into work...gotta love a little tastebud temptation!! :)

Archived