• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#141 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

Roanna I wrote a long post the other night on your exact theme but it got lost. I think I posted that to me menstrual blood felt darker, possessive and maybe fresh blood was lighter and brighter somehow. I'd be really interested to know what kinds of spells you would use menstrual blood for vs fresh blood. I was thinking about menstrual blood for a protection spell for a child but actually I wondered would it be too suffocating or possessive - the worst sort of protective mothering IYSWIM. I could imagine using it to bind someone sexually or fascinate them sexually (I know this is a common use). Could also imagine it to protect my home or individual objects. This is just instinct though.

I would probably use fresh blood to protect a child. I don't feel like I know enough about blood magic yet to throw myself in. If you can recommend any good reading I'd be grateful.

#142 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

Bump!

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#143 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:29 PM

Roanna I wrote a long post the other night on your exact theme but it got lost. I think I posted that to me menstrual blood felt darker, possessive and maybe fresh blood was lighter and brighter somehow. I'd be really interested to know what kinds of spells you would use menstrual blood for vs fresh blood. I was thinking about menstrual blood for a protection spell for a child but actually I wondered would it be too suffocating or possessive - the worst sort of protective mothering IYSWIM. I could imagine using it to bind someone sexually or fascinate them sexually (I know this is a common use). Could also imagine it to protect my home or individual objects. This is just instinct though.

I would probably use fresh blood to protect a child. I don't feel like I know enough about blood magic yet to throw myself in. If you can recommend any good reading I'd be grateful.

Sol, do you have any thoughts on the questions I asked before on this thread? I'd like to start incorporating some (smallscale) bloodwork into my practice where appropriate. Any recommended reading?

#144 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:57 PM

Sounds like your instincts on that are good, I would put it just about the same way.

Menstrual blood it also good for binding things to yourself and protecting or blooding your POSSESIONS.

Fresh blood would be good to protect a child, of course, more so if the child is of your own blood.

A sigil on the child's door or under the bed, drawn in the blood of it's mother would be powerful protection indeed.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake