• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

Roanna I wrote a long post the other night on your exact theme but it got lost. I think I posted that to me menstrual blood felt darker, possessive and maybe fresh blood was lighter and brighter somehow. I'd be really interested to know what kinds of spells you would use menstrual blood for vs fresh blood. I was thinking about menstrual blood for a protection spell for a child but actually I wondered would it be too suffocating or possessive - the worst sort of protective mothering IYSWIM. I could imagine using it to bind someone sexually or fascinate them sexually (I know this is a common use). Could also imagine it to protect my home or individual objects. This is just instinct though.

I would probably use fresh blood to protect a child. I don't feel like I know enough about blood magic yet to throw myself in. If you can recommend any good reading I'd be grateful.

#142 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

Bump!

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#143 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:29 PM

Roanna I wrote a long post the other night on your exact theme but it got lost. I think I posted that to me menstrual blood felt darker, possessive and maybe fresh blood was lighter and brighter somehow. I'd be really interested to know what kinds of spells you would use menstrual blood for vs fresh blood. I was thinking about menstrual blood for a protection spell for a child but actually I wondered would it be too suffocating or possessive - the worst sort of protective mothering IYSWIM. I could imagine using it to bind someone sexually or fascinate them sexually (I know this is a common use). Could also imagine it to protect my home or individual objects. This is just instinct though.

I would probably use fresh blood to protect a child. I don't feel like I know enough about blood magic yet to throw myself in. If you can recommend any good reading I'd be grateful.

Sol, do you have any thoughts on the questions I asked before on this thread? I'd like to start incorporating some (smallscale) bloodwork into my practice where appropriate. Any recommended reading?

#144 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:57 PM

Sounds like your instincts on that are good, I would put it just about the same way.

Menstrual blood it also good for binding things to yourself and protecting or blooding your POSSESIONS.

Fresh blood would be good to protect a child, of course, more so if the child is of your own blood.

A sigil on the child's door or under the bed, drawn in the blood of it's mother would be powerful protection indeed.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#145 Wezip

Wezip

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:22 AM

Just throwing my own two cents in here as I adore blood magic and know it adds a certain “boom” to spells - but use with caution...

I always use fresh flowing blood (my own, I find it to be the most beneficial for my work), or, for certain types of spell I will use blood that I’ve collected from an animal that I will then go on to save or to put to rest peacefully and end it’s suffering - that’s my thank you to them for their blood - (I work in veterinary medicine)...

I don’t like freezing blood - it destroys the RBCs and they literally burst when frozen, so in my humble opinion that is dead, damaged and useless blood - but that’s just my own opinion and experience. Use what works for you.

#146 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

In my beliefs, the sovereignty of the life force within their blood belongs to the individual being. My own blood has been farmed & i didnt like it one damned bit so I'm speaking for the animals who can't speak for themselves. Please stop.

#147 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

In my beliefs, the sovereignty of the life force within their blood belongs to the individual being. My own blood has been farmed & i didnt like it one damned bit so I'm speaking for the animals who can't speak for themselves. Please stop.

AGREED

You're all a bunch of fuckin assholes, ya know why? you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be.

You need people like me, you need people like me so you can point your fuckin fingers.

and say " That's the bad guy"

So say goodnight to the bad guy!

#148 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:46 AM

Ever heard the saying that nature is red in tooth and claw?  

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning."  - Cormac McCarthy

#149 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:48 PM

I always use fresh flowing blood (my own, I find it to be the most beneficial for my work), or, for certain types of spell I will use blood that I’ve collected from an animal that I will then go on to save or to put to rest peacefully and end it’s suffering - that’s my thank you to them for their blood - (I work in veterinary medicine)...

Are these wild injured animals or people's pets?