135 replies to this topic

#121 AuroraBaenSidhe

AuroraBaenSidhe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

Aurora, or ABS? ;) (your name is too damn long like mine:) ). : anyway- honey buy a good razor- shaving nicks HURT. There are less painful ways to draw blood and not scar your pretty legs:).

Lol. Right?! I was using like the dollar pack of razors you can get. I since purchased a better one. More money but worth it! haha.

#122 AuroraBaenSidhe

AuroraBaenSidhe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

Yum! Lol!  :rofl:

:laugh1:  :laugh1: Blood Mayo. Hehehe.

#123 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:47 PM

I'm not going to live that down any time soon, am I? Blood functionally replaces eggs in some pastries, so a mayonnaise sauce is possible. Don't even ask me about cookies. Never ever trust anything chocolate.
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#124 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

Wait a cotton pickin' minute...chocolate?! Noo-o. (chin drops to chest)

Im learning to think of blood in new ways by reading this post. I wonder, would plant blood, like liquid chlorophyll,have the same magical significance/impact as animal or human blood? It can be harvested or purchased at a drug store. Doesn't need refrigeration, that I know of.

#125 AuroraBaenSidhe

AuroraBaenSidhe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:56 PM

Wait a cotton pickin' minute...chocolate?! Noo-o. (chin drops to chest)

Im learning to think of blood in new ways by reading this post. I wonder, would plant blood, like liquid chlorophyll,have the same magical significance/impact as animal or human blood? It can be harvested or purchased at a drug store. Doesn't need refrigeration, that I know of.

That's a very interesting question. I can't see why it wouldn't though I do believe that depends on what you end up using it for specifically.So I'm gonna say, yes and no to that.

#126 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

Let's say, just for example, you want to give your work that extra oomph & give it life, but have no reason to put your signature on it, & or to be bound to the manifestation indefinitely.

#127 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

Chlorophyll, the molecule that enables chloroplasts to convert ultraviolet solar emissions into ATP, all by itself in suspension, as a substitute for blood? What are you, conjuring the demon of veganism? Chlorophyll is a catalyst. It doesn't carry anything, it is not nutritive, the molecule alone is not living tissue, there is no biological, nor symbolic, resonance of any kind to blood. It might as well be a bottle of vitamin D. So I'm going to go with, nope. Not blood. But don't let me stop you! Give it a try, take lots of notes, and let me know what the spirits have to say about that.
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#128 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:48 AM

I think-Regardless of how fond we may be of plants, spilling blood is a whole other thing...  The same reason we may choose to be vegan, is why plant "blood" if there were a corollary, just isn't quite the same.  On a similar note, animal blood isn't quite the same as human blood.   

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#129 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

Ok, thanks for your thoughts.

#130 andreeje

andreeje

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

This is only my first post aside from the intro; but I wanted to add my two cents.

From my experience, at least within the realm of spirit work, fresh living blood is best. One, it serves as a sacrifice via the minor pain gone through extracting it. Two, it serves as an offering as its the giving of your own blood and life. And three, it creates a link with said spirit since it is your own blood, and still living due to it being fresh.

Though offering such a thing to any 'ol spirit isn't the best of ideas, due to its ability to create such a strong link and bond. But with one whom you have developed a relationship with, or are trying to, it's a very worthwhile and powerful process.

I use a stainless steel scalpel, usually on the fleshy part on the palm just under the thumb; but not too deep since there are several ligaments and nerves there in that area.

#131 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:13 PM

Now I'm wondering if you can dehydrate it into a powder

In Italian folk magic blood+hair (often menstrual blood) are baked and then crushed into a powder, normally in the coffee. 
Mostly done for sexual/fidelity reasons. 

Edited by Aria, 04 June 2016 - 05:50 AM.

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#132 Faolana

Faolana

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:06 PM

So the consensus seems to be that menstrual blood is powerful, but in the thread someone mentioned blood from something that will remain living vs. something that will die from or after the cutting. I wonder if menstrual blood is considered alive, since it comes from a woman who will continue to live, or considered less alive as it's purpose is really to flush away an unused (dead?) egg. Thoughts?

Also, could someone speak more to the context of blood in binding something or someone to oneself? Is this why many people mentioned having blood on their tools...to bind them to you?

#133 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:12 AM

@faolana - I can only speak to my use so far.  Which is more based on instinct than what may or may not be considered "proper" or correct.

I personally have used more drawn fresh blood than anything.  I tend to think of it as a multifaceted tool if you will.  To me, it is both a representation of me and also gives life/energy/power.   Therefore, yes I have used it to mark something as mine.  Also, I have used it to give an extra "oomph" to a spell.  

I hope others with more experience will chime in though.

I think there is a potential to bring something to life like gangbusters in some cases as well.  As in an object that may have previously been exposed to some certain type of energy but has since went dormant or no longer active- can sometimes be brought back to "life" by the application of blood.  Again, would like to hear from others on this.  But, for example, lets say you found an antique box at a yard sale.  I'd be reluctant to blood it unless I was damn sure it was cleansed or I knew where it had been or I had a clear read on it's energy.  I have not had the bad thing happen here that I am suggesting- but I have been in possession of such an object that I felt a very strong "I don't think you want to do that" vibe, when considering marking it with blood.  And I felt this was the reason.  Again, just speaking from intuition and instinct on this.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#134 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:08 PM

after reading all pages on this post I went to my wife and asked her If I could ask her a strange question and she rolled her eyes and smiled and then I asked if I could keep her blood from her cycle for spell work and she was like, "I thought you were asking me a strange question", she said "that isn't strange at all women use they blood for lots of shit" she said "figure out how to get it off the pads and its all yours" I was a little surprised by this as my wife is an atheist haha but she supports the ever livin shit outta me being on this path haha anyways sorry this post isn't really adding to questions asked or anything just thought it was funny.

Long live the snake, Long live the Devil-

Spite Cult.

#135 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:28 PM

lol! And if it helps, soak fresh pads in some water will get the blood out but it waters it down. You can dry it to a powder and reconstitute it later if you need it

RSKHFMY

#136 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

lol! And if it helps, soak fresh pads in some water will get the blood out but it waters it down. You can dry it to a powder and reconstitute it later if you need it

Thanks Ravenshaw that is exactly what I as gonna do:-)

Long live the snake, Long live the Devil-

Spite Cult.