149 replies to this topic

#101 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

What would you do with your own extracted teeth Michele?

Not the least, and this is just me, but people are attracted to teeth and bones. I used to clean the house of a dentist, and I would often find teeth in his bedroom (including under the bed) and laundry, etc. And to my knowledge he wasn't a witch. Imagine if a witch worked in his office and needed some teeth. I wouldn't want someone using my teeth for whatever they were using teeth for. Obviously this can get neurotic to the nth degree... burn every bandaid, every hairbrush, etc, lol.... but bottom line is, it's good to know where your teeth are (for me, lol). As far as using them, they can be powerful connections to me... so any spell or charm or working that called for one's own DNA one could use one's own teeth. For example, I put my own DNA in my ancestor bottles. Tying the bottle with a ritual/charmed cord with one's own teeth used as a bead would be astheticly (sp) pleasing as well as adding your DNA, and I like charms to look like what they are... visual adds to it for me, I suppose. I happen to have my teeth in my mouth, lol, so I didn't use one but that is an example. For the cords and bottles used skull beads carved from animal bone. In some cords I use vertebra from dead animals I find.

M

#102 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Not the least, and this is just me, but people are attracted to teeth and bones. I used to clean the house of a dentist, and I would often find teeth in his bedroom (including under the bed) and laundry, etc. And to my knowledge he wasn't a witch. Imagine if a witch worked in his office and needed some teeth. I wouldn't want someone using my teeth for whatever they were using teeth for. Obviously this can get neurotic to the nth degree... burn every bandaid, every hairbrush, etc, lol.... but bottom line is, it's good to know where your teeth are (for me, lol). As far as using them, they can be powerful connections to me... so any spell or charm or working that called for one's own DNA one could use one's own teeth. For example, I put my own DNA in my ancestor bottles. Tying the bottle with a ritual/charmed cord with one's own teeth used as a bead would be astheticly (sp) pleasing as well as adding your DNA, and I like charms to look like what they are... visual adds to it for me, I suppose. I happen to have my teeth in my mouth, lol, so I didn't use one but that is an example. For the cords and bottles used skull beads carved from animal bone. In some cords I use vertebra from dead animals I find.

M

Thanks Michele and Aloe. Michele, regarding using them as a connection to oneself, what if your extracted teeth were associated with a lot of pain, blood and surgery?

#103 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

Thanks Michele and Aloe. Michele, regarding using them as a connection to oneself, what if your extracted teeth were associated with a lot of pain, blood and surgery?

Anything of my DNA could be attached to either pain or pleasure... if I had a tooth pulled, it would also have eaten haggen diaz at some point, lol (many points actually!!!!). If I used my blood it would have hurt getting it - even if it was only menstrual cramps. If I used my nail clippings - at some point they've scratched and at some point they've tickled. A piece that has left me, I would use only for the DNA connection. If I was doing something for pain or the like, I would probably use thorns and/or baneful herbs. I can't see using my personal DNA for pain.

M

#104 Guest_Morgana Raven_*

Guest_Morgana Raven_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

1343945809[/url]' post='129523']
Anything of my DNA could be attached to either pain or pleasure... if I had a tooth pulled, it would also have eaten haggen diaz at some point, lol (many points actually!!!!). If I used my blood it would have hurt getting it - even if it was only menstrual cramps. If I used my nail clippings - at some point they've scratched and at some point they've tickled. A piece that has left me, I would use only for the DNA connection. If I was doing something for pain or the like, I would probably use thorns and/or baneful herbs. I can't see using my personal DNA for pain.

M

Awesome thanks for responding! Again something to think about maybe using in the future.

#105 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

M

Must be me.

Little story...years ago, I woke one morning to feel the side of my face all sticky and wet (keep outa the gutter please, Y'all, LOL). I looked down to see almost my whole pillow covered in blood - MY blood. Got up and blood is pouring out of my mouth. It was Sunday, but ended up at a surgical dentist's office. He pulled two impacted, infected wisdom teeth with curved roots (the teeth had grown over night and ripped open an artery). NOTHING would alleviate the pain once the freezing started coming out, and it lasted for hours.

SO...I only associate pain with those teeth (which I did keep, btw).

#106 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Must be me.

Little story...years ago, I woke one morning to feel the side of my face all sticky and wet (keep outa the gutter please, Y'all, LOL). I looked down to see almost my whole pillow covered in blood - MY blood. Got up and blood is pouring out of my mouth. It was Sunday, but ended up at a surgical dentist's office. He pulled two impacted, infected wisdom teeth with curved roots (the teeth had grown over night and ripped open an artery). NOTHING would alleviate the pain once the freezing started coming out, and it lasted for hours.

SO...I only associate pain with those teeth (which I did keep, btw).

Well that experience would probably make my associations with teeth negative, lol. For some reason mouth/tooth pain seems different and almost more sensative than other body pain... had a root canal once.. wouldn't do that again if I could avoid it.

M

#107 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

Bump!

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#108 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Poking not recommended

• Moderators
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Whoops, sorry Wex! Double bumped lol!

Edited by Ravenshaw, 15 May 2014 - 06:56 PM.

RSKHFMY

#109 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:20 AM

Bump!
Here's my question: has anyone tried preserving their blood in alcohol (like a tincture) or in oil to "keep" it?

Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#110 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

I spend quite a bit of time researching culinary uses of blood, and I think you might find it rewarding to look into traditional Chinese wines for methods of keeping blood in alcohol. Although of course blood kept this way will no longer be alive, any more than blood mixed with vinegar or salt to prevent coagulation is alive, but is rather partly cooked by acidic denaturing, it will stay liquid at room temperature for about a day. Remember to stir very thoroughly when you add the blood and before you strain it when you need to use it.
After about a day at room temperature outside the body, blood will start to rot, or ferment. I haven't run across oil used as a medium or preservative for fresh blood, but now I'll keep my eyes open and if I happen across that I'll put a link here, okay?

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#111 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:47 AM

Maybe if I added an EO to the mix?
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#112 bluelily

bluelily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:14 AM

Now I'm wondering if you can dehydrate it into a powder

#113 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:23 AM

Maybe? Again, I just don't know, but I feel like the oil would have a huge sludge of precipitate: platelets, protein fibers, who knows what. You could wind up with three layers, oil, serum, and sludge. Because after all, blood is mostly water. If it were only the salad dressing effect to worry over then a good shaking would provide remedy. If it's important enough, you could do something like a mayonnaise, give it a thorough thrashing until it gives up and congeals... I just just tried to invent blood mayo, didn't I. Goodnight.
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#114 bluelily

bluelily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:27 AM

Lmao!!

#115 AuroraBaenSidhe

AuroraBaenSidhe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:40 PM

I always keep the blood I spill when shaving my legs. I will always inevitably knick myself and I figure why let it go to waste? I tend to use my menstrual blood as well, though reading through this thread has been interesting since I didn't know there were collectors for it. ^_^ Another cool way to do things if you're at all squeamish about poking your fingers with a knife to get blood out is one of those diabetes testers. It's a very quick prick and gets you a few drops. Around where I live you can get them over the counter and they aren't expensive. It's quick, clean and convenient if all you need is a couple drops.

#116 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:57 PM

+1 Christine cuz...

yes you did.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#117 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:41 AM

Has anyone tried taking the heparin reagent out of a blood drawing tube or heparin flush and seeing if this helps to stabilize the blood from clotting for these purposes? Raveshaw and I went back and forth about doing this for ink in her status once, but I wonder if anyone has actually tried it. I verified you can by heparin flush on Amazon- at least you could at the time...

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#118 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:44 AM

Aurora, or ABS?;) (your name is too damn long like mine:) ). : anyway- honey buy a good razor- shaving nicks HURT. There are less painful ways to draw blood and not scar your pretty legs:).

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#119 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:47 AM

If it's important enough, you could do something like a mayonnaise, give it a thorough thrashing until it gives up and congeals... I just just tried to invent blood mayo, didn't I. Goodnight.

Yum! Lol!  :rofl:

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#120 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:14 AM

Ya, for the reasons that Christine stated, oil wouldn't work.

The mayo thing might, lol, I don't know never tried!

Alcohol sounds promising.

Freezing works, if you don't mind keeping blood in your freezer.

Drying also works. You can put the liquid on paper towel, let dry, store it, add water and squeeze it out when you need it,

or you can spread it fairly thinly and let dry on a surface you could scrape it off of (a hard non porous stone would work). Then you could keep it in powder form until you need it and add water to rehydrate.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake