• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#41 FamiliarWitch

FamiliarWitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

You know and I just want to address here that using blood from any source is a very powerful tool. Blood is the VITAL source of all life. You can use someone else blood to maintain contact with them...meditation/astral ways....also cursing/healing them....etc. YOu can use animal blood as a way of shapshifting//astral work...etc.

working in the veterinary field, i throw away vials of blood every day. i never even thought of using them. its already collected and no one gets hurt :)

#42 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

If you are nervous about using blood, I wouldn't use it. I can't see why you should be nervous though, it's really powerful as Anjel said and guaranteed strong and fast results.
Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#43 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

If you are nervous about using blood, I wouldn't use it. I can't see why you should be nervous though, it's really powerful as Anjel said and guaranteed strong and fast results.

It's part of the way I was raised. Using blood of any sort was "taboo", so getting used to the idea that it's not taboo is taking some time. Though while I have been thinking about this a simple spell and rite came to my mind involving my blood, my cauldron, and dandelions. Once the weather is warm and dandelions are around I may actually try it.

Does any one else get random spell ideas popping into their head at unexpected times? It's starting to happen a lot more, the more I put my life into my craft and not have it just be "something I do". I'm starting to make it part of who I am and how I live me life.

#44 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:05 PM

Blood is life. It brings spells to life. IT takes on what you are feeling and makes the spell stronger for that. No matter which way you go with your spells, you become stronger.
It took me a little while to start using small amounts of my own blood. I started with a healing and positive spell for my self. Who better to use for small experiments. I DID feel better, just a bit. I had less pain than what I was experiencing at the time.
So, wait till you are ready, and start with something small.
Good luck.

It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#45 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

I was going to start small. Something working with perseverance as I heal from my past trauma. I wonder if any one has dried dandelion for sale...

#46 juehoo

juehoo

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

I was actually planning a little something for tonight, I can't be specific right now because I rarely know what I am going to do until minutes before lift off but it's to do with a new start/ new me/ new beginning and some changes that I am making in my life including self-image, would this be appropriate for use in that situation?

#47 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:01 AM

Of course...blood gives life...new life.

#48 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

Edited by Wyrd, 18 May 2014 - 11:27 AM.

Wyrd
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when It's open

#49 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:21 PM

Edited by Wyrd, 18 May 2014 - 11:27 AM.

Wyrd

#50 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:34 PM

Edited by Wyrd, 18 May 2014 - 11:28 AM.

Wyrd

#51 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

What's with the personal attacks!! I thought that this was a place where all opinions were accepted (if not agreed with) without judgement. I'm Squeamish about blood, don't care where who/what it comes from.

What gives?

I think the puking smilie conveyed disgust rather than squeamishness.

#52 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

What's with the personal attacks!! I thought that this was a place where all opinions were accepted (if not agreed with) without judgement. I'm Squeamish about blood, don't care where who/what it comes from.

What gives?

Leigh beat me to it. She is right, the pucky face gave the impression you were disgusted. And while opinions are accepted here, we do try to express them without insulting people. I am sure you did not mean it that way. But I have to say that pucky face did give that impression. This is a sensitive subject and there was a warning attached to the post.
Rebie

#53 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

Edited by Wyrd, 18 May 2014 - 11:28 AM.

Wyrd

#54 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

[quote name='AnjelWolf'] I normally keep it for about 3 months in the fridge then chuck it out. quote]

Well, I have to start collecting all over again! My wonderful father at 83 and blind (not totally) decided that my fridge downstairs needed to be defosted! Yes the fridge is old about 55 yrs old, and the little freezer is not forst free and he took out everything I had in there, replaced everything but my blood jars, because looked empty to him! This same day he decided to clean out the fruit cellar too, and I had to rumage through our garbage to get my other jars back. YUCK! I totally hate it when he does that.

I think I may have to do something to the basement so he won't come down here. I have asked him and told him, I don't want him down here since he cant see very well and I think he will get hurt with all the stuff I need to get rid of this year that he has collected. (like two old water heaters, lots of extra pipes, and lots of other junk) Any suggestions ?

Startella

#55 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:56 PM

Wow, I didn't see that coming and perhaps personal attacks are not the best way to express oneself.
I DID think that is was a guy thing, being in delivery rooms where Dad took one look and we had to drag him out of the way. A great deal of women have the same problem.
It's confusing. I used to look forward to my periods. Then I started getting horrible cramps. My grandmother quickly cured that with her hot toddies. One and I didn't have cramps for the rest of the period.

It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#56 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

Bumping this post for information purposes re different types of blood being collected and used in spell not sacrifice. Please try to pass over the disagreement part that got into bashing most these people aren't active here anymore so they can't answer further questions, but you might find more details using searches of particular terms. You will note there is mention of using blood from meat from the store for spells which we were discussing in another thread.
"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#57 ShadowKing

ShadowKing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

Bood is amazing in magic, when I use it I can feel a unique bond with the magic. I use personal blood when I make my fluid condenser-esque potion bottle necklaces. I've heard good things about exchanging blood vial necklaces at weddings and handfastings. The only draw back i can see is if a rival got a hold of your personal blood-magic items. I don't think I would ever drink blood either .

store-bought blood would feel lifeless and I hate it when people do crazy things like harvesting it from a poor kitty

the best option for people who are squeamish and want blood that is fresh and potent would be to get it from a young fertilized chicken egg.

"We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! " -Endora

#58 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

Bumping this post for information purposes re different types of blood being collected and used in spell not sacrifice. Please try to pass over the disagreement part that got into bashing most these people aren't active here anymore so they can't answer further questions, but you might find more details using searches of particular terms. You will note there is mention of using blood from meat from the store for spells which we were discussing in another thread.

Thanks Sara. Yeah, that was quite a bit of misandry going on there, due to misunderstanding or not is still unacceptable.

#59 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

store-bought blood would feel lifeless and I hate it when people do crazy things like harvesting it from a poor kitty

I guess it depends on your experience, as others in the thread have found store bought blood powerful to use.

There is nothing wrong with harvesting blood from your cat, and it is not crazy. We have a diabetic cat and have to do a blood glucose test on her once a week. There is a vein that runs around the periphery of the ear. With a auto-mirolancet, the vein can be pierced and a few drops of blood taken. Quite harmless and painless to the cat I assure you. After piercing, seal the vein with a tissue and pressure for about 15-30 seconds.

I have used my cats blood in healing spells as a powerful link to her.

#60 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

There is nothing wrong with harvesting blood from your cat, and it is not crazy.

Agree.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore