135 replies to this topic

#1 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:54 PM

Question...blood...what's the significance, is it to imbue some sort of personal power. Does it have to be blood from a finger or can it be menstrual blood? How does one prepare and keep it? What's it used for? Just wondering about general stuff...
:howl-moon:

Respect the Elders. Teach the Young. Cooperate with the Pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your Mark.

:Witch-1:

#2 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:05 AM

Question...blood...what's the significance, is it to imbue some sort of personal power. Does it have to be blood from a finger or can it be menstrual blood? How does one prepare and keep it? What's it used for? Just wondering about general stuff...

Aawwww one of my FAVORITE topics :) :) :)

Using blood (say your own) in spells is extremely powerful.

Menstrual blood is also highly charged with power (I don't have a uterus anymore so don't have the pleasure of having that around anymore LOL).

I keep mine several ways.

First off...(depending on whose blood I have) I either place it on a cotton ball or simply in a jar and either on a shelf or in a refrigerator.

Let me give you some examples...

I have hair, toenail clippings, semum (tissues from a night of wonderful ritual sex) and blood (on tissue, from when he was shaving his face LOL) from my husband...all kept in a clean jar, on a dark shelf, in my ritual room.

I also have hair clippings and top layer of an old (soiled) sanitary pad of both of my girls (shhhhhhhh!!!! They would be shocked to know I sneaked this from the bathroom LOL). Anyhow both are kept in separate jars and labeled with their names on them and kept in same area as my husband stuff.

Now I also keep a small vial of my blood in the fridge. I also have made a larger jar of blood I use for my rituals...it is a mixture of dragons blood ink...my blood, cows blood, snakeskin, graveyard dirt and syrup (for thickness and consistency), and coffin nails (for that metallic smell and for extra spell charge). This mixture works well and believe it or not doesn't leave a stain. Now if you are going to try to make this mixture...in order to make a healthy batch of this...you will need about 4 to 6 tbsp. of your blood...3 tbsp to 6 tbsp. cow blood (raw roast from market will do, just squeeze the blood out LOL)...roughly about 2 tbsp. dragons blood ink (or bats blood ink)...about 6 coffin nails...syrup to adjust texture...a healthy tbsp or two of snakeskin and graveyard dirt.

This recipe is NOT for the weak of stomach to say the least. and you can adjust the amounts as needed too.

Now I use blood from my family for protections spells...whatever I need to do for them. I use my ritual blood in my rituals.

I use my blood in a variety of ways from helping to kicking ass.

#3 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:30 AM

Sweet, thanks...

Explanation (not that it's necessary), I've just started my monthly and was wondering what I could do with the blood. I mean I'm going through hell at the moment trying to expell it so I might as well use it for something!

Respect the Elders. Teach the Young. Cooperate with the Pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your Mark.

#4 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:40 AM

Hmmm Blood! One of my favorite topics as well!!! So tasty...errr...I mean pretty...:shock: LOL!!!
[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#5 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:48 AM

Hmmm Blood! One of my favorite topics as well!!! So tasty...errr...I mean pretty...:shock: LOL!!!

LOL

#6 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:50 AM

And yes DP...it is both...tasty and pretty LOL!

#7 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:51 AM

Also guys...for when i do a quick spell and should only need a drop or two of my blood...I just prick my finger and dabble :)

#8 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:53 AM

Come on Anjel spill that knowledge....you know you want to!:popcorn: LOL
"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." - Plato

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato

#9 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:55 AM

Come on Anjel spill that knowledge....you know you want to!:popcorn: LOL

Hehehehe...on what????? LOL!!!! I've already told you guys plenty of my secrets on here LOL!

#10 Leigh

Leigh

Lover, Dreamer, Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:10 AM

Yup, this is Anjel's subject. lol

I don't use blood as often as she does, so I just use it fresh from the tap when needs be.

#11 Holly

Holly

Thaumatourgos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:25 AM

Great subject-- I have hardly any experience in this, but menstrual blood is the only blood I ever considered using. It does seem to have some very powerful properties, but I wouldn't know how to collect it (aside from the obvious ways!). I've seen some "shock art" made from menstrual blood finger-painted over canvas, but I can not for the life of me figure out how the artist collected it in fluid amounts.

#12 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:36 AM

To collect menstrual blood you can order a product called "The Keeper". Here is a link to information and order details...
www.yoni.com/moonlodge/keeper.shtml

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#13 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:56 AM

Great subject-- I have hardly any experience in this, but menstrual blood is the only blood I ever considered using. It does seem to have some very powerful properties, but I wouldn't know how to collect it (aside from the obvious ways!). I've seen some "shock art" made from menstrual blood finger-painted over canvas, but I can not for the life of me figure out how the artist collected it in fluid amounts.

Oo, it's called a "diva cup." A cup made from medical silicone that acts the kinda like a diaphram...except rather than keeping those pesky sperm out, it collects your blood and you can dispose of it down the toilet (such a waste!!) or keep it. Make sure you clean it when you use it (they've created a wash for it called, you guessed it...diva wash) so you won't have infections...and there's rarely any mess...even when sleeping...of course I guess that depends on the body type too...and believe it or not...once you get used to them (it took me into my second period)...they're comfortable!! And you don't have to buy tampons or pads every month and there's no waste!! <advertisment over> LOL

#14 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:57 AM

To collect menstrual blood you can order a product called "The Keeper". Here is a link to information and order details...
www.yoni.com/moonlodge/keeper.shtml

I used a "keeper" (made from natural rubber rather than medical silicone) and though I cleaned it regularly, I found that I got a lot of infections while using it. I haven't had one (knock on wood) with the diva cup yet...

#15 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:18 PM

I have used blood from raw meat to feed the land wights - its just a matter or tipping it straight onto a plate and leaving it out.

Menstrual blood is collected in the mooncup and stored in a jar in the fridge and I use it as and when. I have used blood from a finger to imbue certain amulets with extra power. As to uses, there are plenty - the most common I have seen is using another's blood to create a link to them.

#16 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

:atoast: I'm so happy!!
I found where Anjel tells about blood. lol
never knew there was a cup or whatever to use to collect the menstural blood. New knowledge, how I love it.

I been thinking of incoraporating blood more in my spells but didnt know about how to store besides the fridge & my sons would be grossed out. lol

Anjel how long can it bekept in dark places? How long in the fridge?

Loved how you made your blood mix too.

Tell more anjel. lol:evillaugh:

SapphireMoon

#17 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:39 PM

Edited by Wyrd, 18 May 2014 - 11:25 AM.

Wyrd
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when It's open

#18 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:21 AM

:atoast: I'm so happy!!
I found where Anjel tells about blood. lol
never knew there was a cup or whatever to use to collect the menstural blood. New knowledge, how I love it.

I been thinking of incoraporating blood more in my spells but didnt know about how to store besides the fridge & my sons would be grossed out. lol

Anjel how long can it bekept in dark places? How long in the fridge?

Loved how you made your blood mix too.

Tell more anjel. lol:evillaugh:

SapphireMoon

First off I adore working with blood (created and/or from my own body or elsewhere). I normally keep it for about 3 months in the fridge then chuck it out. Usually I run out before having to chuck it out LOL!

My family can tell you that I keep a WIDE variety of witchy things in my fridge besides our food...like Blood...curses eggs (search for the topic on here about label your witch stuff for that event LOL)...etc.

I also keep things in my cupboards like: Cried butterflies/moths (I use in transformation spells/rituals)...shark fetuses (animal spirit guide)...turtle shell (to assist in communication with the ancient ones, and/or my ancestors)...hair and fingernail clippings (variety from myself, my family, friends, no no group of friends...etc.)...cigarettes butts (same use as with hair)...etc. Most of the personal items like hair and cig butts are labeled with the persons name on it. I also keep pictures (hence I am a photographer as well...easy excuse to snap a few innocently LOL)...etc.

OH!!!! And let's not forget my freezer too!!!!! I got my husband in it!!!

#19 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:39 AM

I am diabetic and I take blood thinners for my metal heart valve. So sticking my fingers three or four times a day. Sometime I just add an extra big drop or two to any work I might be doing at the time. It's quite handy!
It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#20 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:51 AM

yup...I also use thoose little pricks when I need something fast :)