Sign in to follow this  
Leesa

How many share same beliefs with SO?

I would say that me and my SO have similar beliefs, but we each follow our own path. Even though he's not witch or pagan, he's definitely an open-minded individual, and is fine with my "witchy stuff" as he likes to call it.

My hubby gave me some shit at first, but now realizes that this isn't some "hocus pocus". As a matter of fact, he is now very respectful of my beliefs and is afraid that I'll hex his ass if he makes me mad!! Pretty funny.

... hehe what is wudgy wudgy?!?!

Lol it's his words for spell work or magic. You know in movies etc where they wave their fingers and something shoots out of their fingers etc, that's what he's implying :D

I think it's funny that most of the husbands on here have a name for our craft :lolol:

Guest Wealhtheow

My fiance and I follow very similar paths. We both practice magic, divination, have virtually identical views of god(s), etc. Like many other SO's here, he leans towards the Nordic/Heathen path, which suits me fine as I just like to explore various religious paths anyway.

We initially met through the Witchvox website when we were both in high school. We chatted online for a few days before meeting in person through mutual friends (which we had not planned). Five years later, we're engaged and living together. We are very open with each other and share all aspects of our lives, spirituality included. I consider myself very lucky to have someone I share so much in common with.

I am completely alone in my beliefs. Mr FG is the kind of person where seeing is believing and he is a VERY logical person, he has a scientific mind and doesn`t realise that the scientific and spiritual world can combine, so we are chalk and cheese. It does work in our relationship, we have been together a lot of years but if I am honest I do sometimes feel lonely not talking to him about my beliefs as much as I would like to.

Thats why I am grateful for this site :buddies:

xx

Edited by fagins girl

Guest Landieth

Posting in the Life Force, Energy thread made me think of this thread.

Mario is my significant other, though we're not under a label of 'in a relationship' at the moment, we still consider each other 'significant other' and probably always will, and I consider him an angel. :) We're a lot like each other, especially in hypersensitivity to stimuli, energy and the spiritual worlds, and the reason I consider him an angel is because this is many times an overwhelming and sometimes disturbing thing, and he's someone who can understand and keep me calm so I can strengthen my defenses as well as me for him. He deals with it better though, and has helped me so much in getting there too. Things have gotten easier with this though, thank god. Life's a rocky road, but oh so fun sometimes LOL.

This is a trait in my family, as well as his. My grandmother has this trait as do some of my aunts, and my dad has it a bit as well. My grandmother and I have this to a very large degree though, to where it can cause problems in our life- which makes our bond stronger. :) Mario's family is connected to mine, something not uncommon in families like mine and his, especially in our culture. We stick together. :)

Thing is, I didn't know that Mario's family was connected to mine until I took him to a family party, and there he and grandma had this big reunion thing. It was a sort of 'I know your grandma, she's like my second grandma!!' sort of thing LOL. Even two of my aunts knew him! Makes us wonder if our grandmas didn't have something to do with us getting together.. wouldn't suprise either of us.. But Mario and me are like 2 peas in a pod, in many ways.. yet in others completely different. Spiritually we're bonded in more ways than one, and is also something I'm still learning about. :)

Edited by Landieth

Guest Good Witch of the South

My BC (Beloved Consort!) shares my beliefs. He doesn't practice to the same depth as I, but it is something we share as a lifestyle.

He really embraced it after my car accident in '94. The only thing that gave me relief, comfort and recovery was the craft.

When I healed myself when others couldn't he was enlightened. He saw that his scientific mind could accept the fact that nature and spirit can heal.

He also learned that you can Black Salt your ex out of town, well, state for that matter!:P_witch:

He also learned that you can Black Salt your ex out of town, well, state for that matter!:P_witch:

Bwahahahahahaha!! LOVE it!

Guest Rebie

LOL, that is great.

Rebie

My SO didn't believe in any way like me for the longest time. He never detered me or anything he just had his stance and I had mine. Last year however, we had a sort of falling out and I left the state. I have since returned and he has started to believe in some of my beliefs. He has experienced some of the things I have talked to him about and is now asking many more questions and realizing why I have my beliefs.

He really didn't have a belief system. He was reluctant to not beleive in Christianity but still didn't fully believe in it. It was more a fear of the unknown for him. But since witnessing some of the things he was reluctant to believe in before, he is opening his eyes to see what I see. If that makes sense. LOL

We have always talked about it, but until recently he couldn't or wouldn't open his mind to my beliefs. It is great now that he has seen for himself the things I have discussed with him.

My husband is an animist and practices magic. He isn't a witch, but we have a lot in common and he supports my path.

My husband isn't a witch but is quite comfortable with what I do. He is interested in my beliefs and asks questions so he can understand more.

We don't actually discuss it all that much. Truth be told I don't want to include witchcraft as part of our relationship, I'm happier to keep it just as my thing. He has his computers and I have witchcraft lol. We have other things that bond us together.

He did buy me a few books on my deities for my birthday, so that is lovely, can't wait til they arrive.

I have already replied to this thread explaining how dh and I do not share the same beliefs, as a matter of fact he doesn't know of my practices.

But something came up lately that I found amusing. It seems that over a year ago my husband discovered he has the ability to dowse underground water with divining rods. As a matter of fact, he can use any old wire pieces to do this. He just tried it one day on the job and discovered he was really good at it. On a more recent job (construction of a power plant expansion), they gave him the task to locate underground water pipes because the plans were wrong on where they were located.

He didn't tell me for over a year that he could do this. I guess he didn't know what I would say about him being a natural 'water witch'. :roflhard:

My husband doesn't even know my beliefs. He knows I'm athiest, as is he but he doesn't know that I am now learning about witchcraft. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with him knowing at the moment. This is personal to me and I prefer it that way. He's one of those guys that would go along with what I believe thinking it would make me happy, so I tend not to share my views anymore!

My husband is an athiest. He shares most of my beliefs, but he is not a witch. But, he does have spot on intuition.

Guest Lea
I am completely alone in my beliefs. Mr FG is the kind of person where seeing is believing and he is a VERY logical person, he has a scientific mind and doesn`t realise that the scientific and spiritual world can combine, so we are chalk and cheese. It does work in our relationship, we have been together a lot of years but if I am honest I do sometimes feel lonely not talking to him about my beliefs as much as I would like to.

Thats why I am grateful for this site :buddies:

xx

Me too! I am much like you FG in being alone in my beliefs, mine also is a VERY logical person. Sometimes I think he has helped me keep grounded....lol. We have been married for almost 6 yrs now. He is about 8 yrs older than me. All of our kids are grown, so it is just me and him in our home.

I do my rituals when he is not around. I don't share a lot of stuff with him because I don't want a lecture. He seen me with my Tarot cards one day and told me to "grow up". I told him to fuck off and was just doing what he told me to do, get a hobby...lol.

He tells anyone who ask him that he is catholic, but he doesn't practice it. He loves nature as much as I do and is planning on building me a greenhouse next year. He also wants to grow herbs. So there is some things we have in common that go along with my beliefs. He doesn't think anything will happen when you die, so he is not into a lot of spiritual things. He believes god is your conscious. He is a very down to earth/matter of fact person and doesn't go for a lot of the xrian beliefs.

So, this works for me. And like you, I am so very grateful too! :party0016:

I know this thread is old, but I wasn't here so I'm gonna answer dammit :D

My husband is not a witch. He teases me in a loving way about it. I've been married to this man for 4 years and still don't know what he believes.:rolleyes: Some of you know that he is in the military and he just got his new dog tags and they have Hindu on them. Now, I know that's :bullshit: since he doesn't believe in deity. He has told me that he believes in time. He says no matter what happens or what we do time is going to keep moving forward. I believe time is something we created and how do we know we are not moving backwards? How do we know we are not thoughtforms in someone else's head? I hold that all of nature on earth and beyond are connected and have an energy. He doesn't believe that. But somehow, we still love each other and he supports me in my dark arts :crystal-gazing: wahahahahahaha!

Edited by Mariposa
typo

I know this is an old post, but I couldnt help myself and I am answering it...

My husband was raised as and apostolic catholic/catholic (I was too :p), and even though he doesnt ever go to church or even pray, when he pasees by a church or when we takes the highway he remembers ALWAYS to do this cross thing on his chest.

He knows what I am and has seen me sometimes doing stuff and OF course, he teases me about it, but I know that he really respects it and even has a certain denied interest on my craft. I know he has some potential but is too logical and just will keep away from this. A few years ago I did a protection to the house and draw some pentacles on the windows with oil, when he arrived he got freaked out and told me that "someone" was doing some witchcraft to us and that there were strange symbols on the windows LOL. When i told him that i done it, he just laughed, but he is kind of nervous sometimes and asks me if I ever hexed him LOL.

We have two girls and the oldest was baptised in the catholic church, the youngest is going to be too. I am not particularly crazy about this but think that no matter that my daughters will be like me when they grow up. The oldest one is only 4 years old but she likes to be with me when i'm witching :p and on full moons we usually go out to te garden and burn some sage and light a candle, shes very respectful of it and takes it as something that we share. My husband wants to teach them about the catholic thing but he is not really into it that much, so I am teaching them what I know, what I do.

The family is a different matter, my mother in law is a witch altough she never will acknowledge this. My mom and sisters are too, but my mom lives in a constant denial that has brought her a lot of trouble for having various presences in her house. I just think that someday they will realize the waste of time and will start practising and reading a lot to get on track, and I am really looking forward to it :p.

Greetings All

Hmmm ... well we were bought together under the same line by the same guides and both our kids are sabbat kids sooo ... it'd be a yes from me I guess! lol

Subsisto

Scott

Guest ThePopeVI

I would say similar, We are both in a "relearning" process but are blending both of our beliefs so we have a family tradition... Lucky for us our paths are very compatible (dont know If I would say religion wise) but he is Asatru and I am Celtic (at least Celtic inspired and I try to pull mostly from the Scottish side if I can) So I will be working with dieties as will he and we will be celebrating festivals together. The children will be exposed to our beliefs as well as the mainstream American Christian ones (just due to culture here) I cant have the kids going to school not knowing who Jesus is and why he is important to some people.... The mesh goes quite nicely though as Scottish and Norse have interacted for a LONG time! Some things will be seperate and some will be done together

I am just curious to know how many of you share your beliefs with your SO. I dont mean share info and such, I mean do they also follow the same path or something like it?

Leesa

I am recently single, but my experience with my ex of five years was really strange. He came from a family of snake handling holiness people and whenever i would do a working or anything, I would make sure to take it outside, I couldn't do anything like that around him. Anytime i tried to discuss anything religious, whether it was mine or just religion or magic in general, he would freak out and say it scared him and that was that. When I had friends of like mind over he would never come out to meet them. However, i found it strange that if someone else talked to him about it, it didn't bother him as much. For example, if someone told him about winter solstice and what it was about, then he would come home and tell me about it like i didn't have a clue what it was. Like i said, really strange.

My first boyfriend and I were complete opposites (and not in a good way) so no wonder it never worked out! lol He was a devote Catholic and I was (and still am, but a lot more witchy) an atheist. He was really bothered by my beliefs and felt that he always had to try and convince me to consider that there was a Lord Jesus Christ. He wasn't CRAZY about it, but it was still annoying. We were also very different because he was dead set on someday (though at the time it sounded like VERY SOON) having a daughter. Me, I don't like kids, don't want kids, and have always felt this way since childhood. ...So that relationship ended very soon. lol

My next boyfriend is wonderful. Been together almost 3 years, but believe me when I say this, we connected so well from the start that already it feels like we've been together forever.

We have a lot in common, but We're kinda different in "religious" beliefs. I'm still primarily an atheist, and he doesn't know what the heck he is, but he is always considering the possibilities of everything. He has no problems what-so-ever about any of my beliefs or witchy ways, and even has an interest in them. He was raised Catholic, but it never sat well with him, and now he's just trying to figure things out. Basically, he doesn't like to settle with any religion until he knows what the deal is with heaven, hell, life after death, a god/goddess, ghosts, souls, whatever. He admits that he will probably never know the answers to these things, and thats just fine with him.

I can really appreciate that. :)

Sign in to follow this