Sign in to follow this  
Leesa

How many share same beliefs with SO?

My fiance claims he is supportive. We discuss spiritual beliefs quite in depth. He wants to be asatru, or something along those lines. And at first, when I began learning about the path before me, he was super supportive. But as time passes, I see that he isn't nearly as supportive as he would like me to believe and has made a few off comments about taking the kids from me if I ever cast on him without his permission. These days, he doesn't bring it up at all but will go out of his way to ensure I dont have the private time I need... Although he still likes to brag about the set of runestones I gave him.

And he gripes about my tarot cards....

I told my husband he "wasn't worth" casting a spell on. That took the wind out of his sails and also insulted him greatly. Although I don't recommend it (unless you want to start a fight), it is very satisfying in the moment.

????????????

I start a lot of fights. I am very antagonistic. I also just let them end at status quo.

I i couldn't work out what a S/ O was for a while lol.

My significant other and I are both Witches we have the calling in our blood. He is initiated in the Wiccan tradition though is no longer practising and is open minded and non judgemental , which works for me he doesn't sprout the athree fold law or anything like that. But Wicca was his path for a few years and he gained some fabulous experiences and met some fabulous people during that time. I don't define myself under a tradition as such. We have many shared interests and can discuss, debate aspects of witchcraft, magick, spirituality c etc . He is very interesting and I learn from him in some respects. I have studied / experienced Witchcraft enough that I feel comfortable on my own path so am able to listen learn take what I want and leave the rest.

We currently have a hundred mile distance between us but when we are together I feel I can be my true self. I can sit at his altar and work within his space with no problems at all. We have a strong magical connection almost like a memory. Writing it now I'm turning to mush forgive me .

I think we share the same beliefs for the most part.

Sometimes, I find it very difficult to pinpoint my husbands exact beliefs because there are some things that are private to him. He is very supportive of my craft and will get involved when I ask, but he also has his own practices. I learn far from his facial expressions what I call his "head nods of knowing" than I do his words.  I think he is more knowledge, while I am more action.

I just want to share that yes, my husband and I share the same beliefs, practices and such. We have always connected in that way.

I'm feeling very lucky as I write this!

I had to come back to share how our relationship has evolved on this topic. Sometimes, if a situation arises where I want to do a spell, I let my partner know I'm going to do, or have done, 'a little something'. So, he never knows the full details of the spell, but he knows roughly the situation I want to make happen.

He mostly knows when I'm doing it and definitely knows once it's been done. And he has surprised me. You know how sometimes you get little signs that your spell is progressing? Well, I often think to myself, 'hey, that seems like a pretty good sign'. So, I've said to him something along the lines of, 'I don't know if you believe in this, but you know that thing that happened?' and before I get to finish my thought about it being a sign of the spell's progress, he'll interrupt me to say, 'yeah, I reckon you did it, and I thought the same thing.' So that's been pretty mind blowing.

Also, recently I did a spell that just felt really right, and we can both feel it happening quite intensely. Anyway, after the first few days of good 'signage', he woke up and told me about a dream he had. He described it as being like one of those Christian 'footprints' posters. You know, the footprints on the sand, and something about Jesus walking alongside you?

Anyway. He and I were walking along a grassy field in our town we live in. We were both barefoot, and instead of leaving footprints, we both left a trail of fire behind us. It was a nice, small, safe, steady fire. Then, he said, people from our town would walk past us. He saw me touch them, and when I did, they started to leave a trail of fire behind them. And in his mind, he said to himself, 'that's my girl!' LOL.

I personally think he's more interested in it than I realised. And I think he's 'got' something. Not that I'd ever want to push him about it. It doesn't bother me either way if he takes this path or not.

Posted (edited)

Came across this topic and decided to revive it opposed to beginning a new one.

Are you mismatched? I have been with my husband for over 10 years now. My oh my, how things change! We are not on the same level in many areas. When we met, it was as if we had known one another forever...me believing we were twin flames, him just going long with my "uniqueness". He said I intrigued him.

Fast forward until the end of 2019, when he retired....oh me...never would i have imagined what this would be like. It is complicated, but I seem to be the only one that thinks that. 

I do know one thing for sure....no more for me...I am done. You don't realize how much energy it takes, until you run out of that energy.

BTW, we don't share the same beliefs....seems like we used to have more in common than we do now...funny how life goes sometimes.

Edited by Uniqdrgnfly

Sign in to follow this