• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#41 Desert Sage

Desert Sage

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

My partner is agnostic. He has no interest in what I'm doing but totally supports me. If we had a child - which is extremely unlikely now - I would raise our child according to my beliefs. My partner and I share a lot of fundamental beliefs, but the traditions and spiritual side is my bag. When my child became older, ay 8 or 9 I would start to introduce the idea of other religions. If they wanted to explore them, that would be fine, but I go too. I would not let my child got to a church or temple without me because I want to make sure I know first hand what they might be learning there.
If you are not using your brain, do you mind if I feed it to the dragon?

#42 LadyHawk

LadyHawk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

I don't have a SO anymore, but my beliefs were a huge source of argument when I was married although he left the children out of it. They were raised with a knowledge of other religions, and of my beliefs and have all gone their own way....none xtian, all pagan, none really interested in trad craft.
LadyHawk x

#43 sophiadawn

sophiadawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:18 AM

My husband most definitely does not share my beliefs, nor do my children. I am the one that has changed in the past several years and so walk alone. I am quite ok with that. In time, my adult children may finally do some questioning and if so, I will be happy to talk with them about any of it.

#44 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

My husband is very open minded - when we first met he was not a practising Christian although his family are very church orientated..(his uncle is a Canon), parents are very 'churchy'.

We would sit and have long discussions on healing/spiritualism/witchcraft and he always listened with open ears and an open mind - I was also aware straight away that he had/has fantastic healing energy and would make a great healer... we're both super-tuned into each other and he's very empathic. More often than not, he'll bring up subjects about the paranormal as he has a strong interest in all things like that.

Whilst he has no interest in being a working witchcraft partner (although if I needed him, I know he'd do it) , I'd only have to ask if I needed anything like help with (tools/supplies etc) - he'll do anything he can...

The only time he got really freaked and upset was when he realised that I'd worked skyclad when I was wiccan - he just couldn't get his head around it. Which is perfectly understandable.

Now though, it's not an issue... If I could ask for more, then he'd be a proactive, working witch - but I can't ask much more from him - he spoils me as it is. :chakrahearts:

Amber xxx

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Every natural fact is a symbol of some spiritual fact." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

#45 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

chris is a hereditary traditional (some of you might know him?? hehe) and everything comes very naturally to him... he's not working with craft much at the moment, but the belief and ability is definately there and perhaps in a few more years he will become more involved. He definately has his own way of doing things, and perhaps he will teach me a thing or two!

I am just curious to know how many of you share your beliefs with your SO. I dont mean share info and such, I mean do they also follow the same path or something like it?

My husband doesnt. He's not anything really. He's interested in Paganism and Witchcraft and we've both talked it over and decided to raise our son and any other children we have in that manner too. His aunt is a Witch (although he didnt know that until I told him lol) so he's somewhat familiar. Plus I have been "teaching" him what I know.

Leesa

Do not do what you desire - do what is necessary

#46 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

:roflhard: he he!!
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#47 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

:witch_bounce:

:roflhard: he he!!

#48 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:14 AM

My husband doesn't share the same path as me but he is encouraging and understanding of mine - he does like to try and follow shamanism but he's still unsure of where exactly his faith lies.

he does like to give me shit from time to time, he still calls my spell work 'your wudgy wudgy stuff' whilst making wand movements with his arms......git!

I make the path - Alice from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

#49 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

My husband doesn't share the same path as me but he is encouraging and understanding of mine - he does like to try and follow shamanism but he's still unsure of where exactly his faith lies.

he does like to give me shit from time to time, he still calls my spell work 'your wudgy wudgy stuff' whilst making wand movements with his arms......git!

lol!

#50 owlblink

owlblink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

... hehe what is wudgy wudgy?!?!

wudgy wudgy stuff' whilst making wand movements with his arms......git!

#51 Lela

Lela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:55 AM

I would say that me and my SO have similar beliefs, but we each follow our own path. Even though he's not witch or pagan, he's definitely an open-minded individual, and is fine with my "witchy stuff" as he likes to call it.

#52 Frankie

Frankie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

My hubby gave me some shit at first, but now realizes that this isn't some "hocus pocus". As a matter of fact, he is now very respectful of my beliefs and is afraid that I'll hex his ass if he makes me mad!! Pretty funny.

#53 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:52 AM

... hehe what is wudgy wudgy?!?!

Lol it's his words for spell work or magic. You know in movies etc where they wave their fingers and something shoots out of their fingers etc, that's what he's implying :D

I think it's funny that most of the husbands on here have a name for our craft :lolol:

I make the path - Alice from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

#54 Guest_Wealhtheow_*

Guest_Wealhtheow_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

My fiance and I follow very similar paths. We both practice magic, divination, have virtually identical views of god(s), etc. Like many other SO's here, he leans towards the Nordic/Heathen path, which suits me fine as I just like to explore various religious paths anyway.

We initially met through the Witchvox website when we were both in high school. We chatted online for a few days before meeting in person through mutual friends (which we had not planned). Five years later, we're engaged and living together. We are very open with each other and share all aspects of our lives, spirituality included. I consider myself very lucky to have someone I share so much in common with.

#55 Maypole

Maypole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

I am completely alone in my beliefs. Mr FG is the kind of person where seeing is believing and he is a VERY logical person, he has a scientific mind and doesn`t realise that the scientific and spiritual world can combine, so we are chalk and cheese. It does work in our relationship, we have been together a lot of years but if I am honest I do sometimes feel lonely not talking to him about my beliefs as much as I would like to.

Thats why I am grateful for this site :buddies:

xx

Edited by fagins girl, 20 January 2009 - 11:26 AM.

#56 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

Posting in the Life Force, Energy thread made me think of this thread.

Mario is my significant other, though we're not under a label of 'in a relationship' at the moment, we still consider each other 'significant other' and probably always will, and I consider him an angel. :) We're a lot like each other, especially in hypersensitivity to stimuli, energy and the spiritual worlds, and the reason I consider him an angel is because this is many times an overwhelming and sometimes disturbing thing, and he's someone who can understand and keep me calm so I can strengthen my defenses as well as me for him. He deals with it better though, and has helped me so much in getting there too. Things have gotten easier with this though, thank god. Life's a rocky road, but oh so fun sometimes LOL.

This is a trait in my family, as well as his. My grandmother has this trait as do some of my aunts, and my dad has it a bit as well. My grandmother and I have this to a very large degree though, to where it can cause problems in our life- which makes our bond stronger. :) Mario's family is connected to mine, something not uncommon in families like mine and his, especially in our culture. We stick together. :)

Thing is, I didn't know that Mario's family was connected to mine until I took him to a family party, and there he and grandma had this big reunion thing. It was a sort of 'I know your grandma, she's like my second grandma!!' sort of thing LOL. Even two of my aunts knew him! Makes us wonder if our grandmas didn't have something to do with us getting together.. wouldn't suprise either of us.. But Mario and me are like 2 peas in a pod, in many ways.. yet in others completely different. Spiritually we're bonded in more ways than one, and is also something I'm still learning about. :)

Edited by Landieth, 20 January 2009 - 11:36 AM.

#57 Guest_Good Witch of the South_*

Guest_Good Witch of the South_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

My BC (Beloved Consort!) shares my beliefs. He doesn't practice to the same depth as I, but it is something we share as a lifestyle.

He really embraced it after my car accident in '94. The only thing that gave me relief, comfort and recovery was the craft.
When I healed myself when others couldn't he was enlightened. He saw that his scientific mind could accept the fact that nature and spirit can heal.

He also learned that you can Black Salt your ex out of town, well, state for that matter!:P_witch:

#58 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:37 AM

He also learned that you can Black Salt your ex out of town, well, state for that matter!:P_witch:

Bwahahahahahaha!! LOVE it!

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#59 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

LOL, that is great.
Rebie

#60 Angeldreams

Angeldreams

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:01 AM

My SO didn't believe in any way like me for the longest time. He never detered me or anything he just had his stance and I had mine. Last year however, we had a sort of falling out and I left the state. I have since returned and he has started to believe in some of my beliefs. He has experienced some of the things I have talked to him about and is now asking many more questions and realizing why I have my beliefs.

He really didn't have a belief system. He was reluctant to not beleive in Christianity but still didn't fully believe in it. It was more a fear of the unknown for him. But since witnessing some of the things he was reluctant to believe in before, he is opening his eyes to see what I see. If that makes sense. LOL

We have always talked about it, but until recently he couldn't or wouldn't open his mind to my beliefs. It is great now that he has seen for himself the things I have discussed with him.