• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#221 Lyra

Lyra

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:57 AM

My fiance claims he is supportive. We discuss spiritual beliefs quite in depth. He wants to be asatru, or something along those lines. And at first, when I began learning about the path before me, he was super supportive. But as time passes, I see that he isn't nearly as supportive as he would like me to believe and has made a few off comments about taking the kids from me if I ever cast on him without his permission. These days, he doesn't bring it up at all but will go out of his way to ensure I dont have the private time I need... Although he still likes to brag about the set of runestones I gave him.
And he gripes about my tarot cards....

#222 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:09 AM

That's pretty controlling behaviour Lyra, I'm so sorry to hear you are going through that. Do you have any support where you are?

#223 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

Seconding what Tricycle said, those are some serious red flags.

#224 Lyra

Lyra

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:39 PM

I am aware of the red flags. I have no one here. We moved up here about a year and a half ago. It was my idea for affordability purposes. It also removed him from his supporters and family. There are many additional red flags above and beyond what I have mentioned. I don't believe he is going to change. I have considered leaving many times. I assure you all I am no victim and I call him out on his crap regularly.

#225 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:58 AM

I am aware of the red flags. I have no one here. We moved up here about a year and a half ago. It was my idea for affordability purposes. It also removed him from his supporters and family. There are many additional red flags above and beyond what I have mentioned. I don't believe he is going to change. I have considered leaving many times. I assure you all I am no victim and I call him out on his crap regularly.

I am glad that you see it how it is :) I was wondering if anyone around you knows about your path, but it sounds as though that probably isn't the case. It's good to be able to talk to someone about it :) the good thing is, you have us here. I hope it helps.

#226 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:15 PM

My fiance claims he is supportive. We discuss spiritual beliefs quite in depth. He wants to be asatru, or something along those lines. And at first, when I began learning about the path before me, he was super supportive. But as time passes, I see that he isn't nearly as supportive as he would like me to believe and has made a few off comments about taking the kids from me if I ever cast on him without his permission. These days, he doesn't bring it up at all but will go out of his way to ensure I dont have the private time I need... Although he still likes to brag about the set of runestones I gave him.
And he gripes about my tarot cards....

I told my husband he "wasn't worth" casting a spell on. That took the wind out of his sails and also insulted him greatly. Although I don't recommend it (unless you want to start a fight), it is very satisfying in the moment.

Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#227 Lyra

Lyra

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:27 AM

🤣🤣🤣
I start a lot of fights. I am very antagonistic. I also just let them end at status quo.

#228 Leighqt

Leighqt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

I i couldn't work out what a S/ O was for a while lol.

My significant other and I are both Witches we have the calling in our blood. He is initiated in the Wiccan tradition though is no longer practising and is open minded and non judgemental , which works for me he doesn't sprout the athree fold law or anything like that. But Wicca was his path for a few years and he gained some fabulous experiences and met some fabulous people during that time. I don't define myself under a tradition as such. We have many shared interests and can discuss, debate aspects of witchcraft, magick, spirituality c etc . He is very interesting and I learn from him in some respects. I have studied / experienced Witchcraft enough that I feel comfortable on my own path so am able to listen learn take what I want and leave the rest.

We currently have a hundred mile distance between us but when we are together I feel I can be my true self. I can sit at his altar and work within his space with no problems at all. We have a strong magical connection almost like a memory. Writing it now I'm turning to mush forgive me .

#229 Cameo

Cameo

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:48 AM

I think we share the same beliefs for the most part.

Sometimes, I find it very difficult to pinpoint my husbands exact beliefs because there are some things that are private to him. He is very supportive of my craft and will get involved when I ask, but he also has his own practices. I learn far from his facial expressions what I call his "head nods of knowing" than I do his words.  I think he is more knowledge, while I am more action.