guides and spirits?

Rainbow7

Hi all,

Do any of you know[ use believe] guides? or work with spirit, maybe family? ansestors? etc.

If so in what manor.

Personally as seen spirit since very young, have seen heard etc from different ones. When young, around 5 roughly there abouts, use to see a chinese man, real strange use to wear a round bolar[ sp?] type hat. Then he went, then a man sitting always in an arm chair as if watching comforting me think reading cant remember. Then a victorian young lady, think victorian or edwardian not great with history. lol. more inbetween. then around 20 years old, a natieve american indian, still comes but not atall like he use to was very close for years. Then in recent last year a red haired lady dressed in green, name atara. ansestor from my family line, not sure mothers or fathers yet? Now obviously being medium[ lable i dislike] spirit communicator, thats better, i have seen and still do family spirits, from my life time.

Was interested in your experiances, if you feel to share of course. TRIED doing search with no revelations :( lol

Chat soooooooooooooooon xxx

Hi all,

Do any of you know[ use believe] guides? or work with spirit, maybe family? ansestors? etc.

If so in what manor.

Personally as seen spirit since very young, have seen heard etc from different ones. When young, around 5 roughly there abouts, use to see a chinese man, real strange use to wear a round bolar[ sp?] type hat. Then he went, then a man sitting always in an arm chair as if watching comforting me think reading cant remember. Then a victorian young lady, think victorian or edwardian not great with history. lol. more inbetween. then around 20 years old, a natieve american indian, still comes but not atall like he use to was very close for years. Then in recent last year a red haired lady dressed in green, name atara. ansestor from my family line, not sure mothers or fathers yet? Now obviously being medium[ lable i dislike] spirit communicator, thats better, i have seen and still do family spirits, from my life time.

Was interested in your experiances, if you feel to share of course. TRIED doing search with no revelations :( lol

Yes I do. I've communicated with guides...many of us on here have. I also work with my ancestors as many of us do as well. As for spirits...the same.

I didn't up until recently....or maybe I should say that I didn't choose to....I ignored spirits. Now I communicate on a regular basis.

Guest Dragonman

I use both spirits and guides all the time.

Mostly I use my own guides and interact with them, on a regular basis. I'm not the most sensitive to energies and spirits and the like so I tend not to interact with spirits outside my own set of guides very often. I have still have some experiences with "random" spirits in special places but not so often.

I find I talk to my guides on a regular basis and find them popping up on the edge of my vision etc on a regular basis.

Dave

Thanks for replies guys,

It can be sensitive raw subject, some people are uneasy or scared, which is understandable.

I have found with my clients over the years, mooooooooost are very open and have experianced loads, every day folk not really into spiritual matters etc, then you get some who are petrified, fight it, ignore if you will, but when open up get comfortable, start a beautiful flow of contact, some amazing experiances.

Some i have took on as students, developing if you will, and the beauty of what was always within, is beautiful, amazing, brought tears to my eyes. To watch,be part of.

Anyways, thanks again for replies, chat sooooooooooon xxx:)

I am really crappy with that kind of communication. My contact with human spirits has happened fewer times than I can count on one hand (at least as far as I know), and then then it only goes one way, when something goes out of its way to make itself known. I really can't reach out to human energies very well. The last time I remember feeling the presence of anything like that was the spirit of my Oma, but she's decided to move on since then :)

I feel that humans in particular have enough conscious energy to leave an imprint of themselves on the world, but plants, animals, etc emit a more quiet presence. That's the kind of contact I'm more familiar with. It doesn't guide me so much as it allows me to move through it.

Hi all,

If so in what manor.

For me spirits/guides come to me in dreams...seldom in waking hours. I've been taught a lesson in patience by a Native American guide of mine; really dry and funny - he used a dream to make a point of my impatience and turned around and walked away before I could say anything to him...left me speechless - a feat I know!! I can feel him near me now...when I think of him he's near. I don't know his name..he never told me.

I've been in contact with angels (guardian and otherwise) or angelic energies, if you will, and worked with them to help myself and others. I've felt the energies of and worked with certain "goddesses." This is the mostly when I'm awake.

In my dreams I've had an uncle visit me (deceased) to let me know he was alright...same with a good friend who committed suicide. I was able to pass these messages along to my friends and family, so I hope I helped.

I had, during dreamtime, a group of (I can only think they were South American, why? I don't know) elders show me "kundalini" energy. Why? Don't know...they showed me what it was but did not tell me what it was for or how to use it.

I go through periods of "strong" dreaming. It doesn't happen all of the time (I wish it would!) I LOVE dreaming strong...I feel so connected when it happens. I don't remember a lot of my dreams. When I get into the habit of writing them down they come stronger...I'll start doing that again soon.

Spirit communication is something I've always been interested in. I hope to strengthen this area of my life....I don't want to break a dam or floodgate...perhaps a trickle or small stream until I get used to it.

J

I too have had experiances with spirits my whole life. But I am only just now wanting to actually work with guides and ancestors. There were times when I call upon my grandmother to help me figure out things, or to give me her good luck;). Does that count? I speak a lot to what I call my guardian. My guardian has helped me a lot. There were so many times I know my guardian was warning me or watching out for me. So, we talk daily. Would that be my guide? Or is there a difference? Do any of you actually beleive in guardians?

Rebie

Hi Rebie

If it works for you brings comfort, clarity and so on then thats a good thing huh?

As for me personally, i do indeed believe in guardians as in different forms, could be guide? angel? family member? ansestor? and so on. It sounds like you are quite [ or very] open to spirit contact. And they work with you, guide you hun, how fab. Sounds like an exciting journey you are travelling, all the best in your contact. ;)

Thank you Rainbow7. Yes, I have always been open to spirit contact. And beleive me , it wasn't always by choice. ;) I do beleive I have a guardian. Oh, I could go on and on about the spirit world and guardians.

Rebie

• 1 month later...
Guest Renegade

I took part in workshops with my Nan's Spiritualist Church, before I got too sensitive about them constantly telling me I had a gift from God (as they saw God). They were lovely people though, I have to say. My Nan's second husband was one of the healers there.

I sometimes get "visitations" from spirits trying to catch me off-guard - especially when thunderstorms are looming. Its always messages for people I know though, from their dead relatives. I've never had my ancesters use the same method. I'm uncomfortable with it for a reason I can't fathom, so I shut down automatically before I realise whats happening.

I THINK my ancestors try to help me with divination, especially when I'm using a pendulum or playing cards. It always seems that way to me because when I'm doing it myself it feels impersonal, and other times its like (the pendulum especially - even more so if I'm using my Grandads ring) takes on a life of its own, and various familiar characteristics too. I swear sometimes I can even smell things I associate with them when there really isn't any "logical" explanation, and I'm never the only person to have these experiences.

• 5 years later...

Yes I do. I've communicated with guides...many of us on here have. I also work with my ancestors as many of us do as well. As for spirits...the same.

Using the comment made here by AnjelWolf to point out that not all spirits are guides, and not all guides are spirits.  Add to that not all spirit ancestors want to or even could be a guide.  Not all spirit communication is intended to convey some deep, meaningful message or teach a life lesson.  We have also discussed, if you recall, in other threads about how not all guides actually want to be in that position.  For example, in the case of some familiar spirits, their mission (teach, convey, direct, etc.) is not always of their choosing, so sometimes when the "job" is done, they are done and even glad to be rid of you.

Yep I agree. Sometimes well alot actually they just are around. Fucked if i know why they don't all have a messages or a reason. Some are not spirits but more like a time thing an in print I guess. Then there's energy types. I can't really explain it very well. So i wont go on.

Yep I agree. Sometimes well alot actually they just are around. Fucked if i know why they don't all have a messages or a reason. Some are not spirits but more like a time thing an in print I guess. Then there's energy types. I can't really explain it very well. So i wont go on.

Well, I get exactly what you are saying, so it is all good. :D  I would like to point out that not all living people have a "reason" to exist. ;)

Spirits can be a bother. Ancestors are a boor, the living ones are wretched enough but if a past one sets upon you, horror.

I find 'spirits' most affective when put into things, like a Mandrake for, say a familiar. Though, call me old fashioned, but I still prefer the animal kind (familiar I mean). Nothing is more unnatural than trying to casualy place your naked human shaped root vegetable in proximety to the person you are trying to cast upon, but a pooch or a cat seems natural to hop on the lap of the intended and casually 'transmit' said intention.

I have an old chair that was my great grandmothers and it still has the cranky ole soul in it. Why she botherd entrapping a spirit in it is beyond me, the ole think will rock up a storm some nigths and it can be noisy! Though, I have to admit, I have the best 'prophetic' naps in that chiar. Most likely that was the intent.

I guess it depends on what you want the spirit to do.

As far as 'crystal ball table tipping' spirits, That, to me, seems more Hollywood than Witchcraft, but what do I know.

Of course I have never heard of trapping or drawing down a spirit of a living person who has passed. I suppose it might be done, but I can't imagine with any really good outcome. I know I'd be forever trying to get out if it were me! And you aren't going to get any good results from an object that, rather than exisitng to do your bidding, is simply a prison for some past individual trying to escape, sounds like the TV in Poltergeist though.

Spirits can be a bother. Ancestors are a boor, the living ones are wretched enough but if a past one sets upon you, horror.

I find 'spirits' most affective when put into things, like a Mandrake for, say a familiar. Though, call me old fashioned, but I still prefer the animal kind (familiar I mean).

There are varying perspectives on the concept of familiars and their form and purpose to those on the Forum.  

You may find this thread of interest.  http://www.traditionalwitch.net/forums/topic/8518-are-familiars-always-visible/?hl=familiar

Archived