Photo
- - - - -

Witchcraft In France

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 arabi

arabi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:52 AM

Dear KitchenWitch and Arabi, Since you both are French decendants I am hoping you could help me. There is a question I have about Cajun witchcraft. I am a french decendant. Cajun French to be exact. My family came from France and Belgium, to Nova Scotia, then to south Louisiana. Is there such a thing as a cajun witch? All I can find is information about the traiteur or wiccan covens in Louisiana. Also, is there anything different about French witchcraft compaired to other cultures?
Rebie

KitchenWitch will probably know a bit more about the Cajun trads. I am a mix of French, French Canadian and Creole lines; which oddly enough intersect in my family tree, LOL...go figure:)
As to the difference of French witchcraft yes there are many different ways that are foreign to the other trad paths. Speaking for myself only, it is a double edge sword. Our ways are passed down through oral tradition and are shrouded in complete secrecy (my family anyways). Which was the entire point of this thread incidentally. We only know of what our family has passed on to us and are just as curious about the other French Trads to see if there are similarities and certain customs. Again speaking only on behalf of my family, there seems to be no commonality with the Italian Stregha or British Trads, etc, etc. Will try to think of specific examples that I can share though:D. It's late and I am getting sleepy. My brain turns into a pumpkin in 3 minutes, LOL.

Somewhere, however far or near, there is something very dark and grim hurtling toward each one of us. We just don't know when it will hit. Then, quite suddenly, it won't be all right at all.

#22 Guest_finyacluck_*

Guest_finyacluck_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:09 AM

oh please, less of the 'pure blood' , 'h.p.' bullshite if one doesent mind. my great granny waseatever, it means nought.

this lady started this tyhingh

each to her own, respect her for she is deserving.
i get you sandra,.....i really do:D

#23 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

My mother is Canadian French, from where her family originates in France I don't know. I do know that when I was in the Alps many years ago I felt something there that was different than any other place I've been. It was freedom and spirituality. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like information on it as well.

Family is important to me. While I don't have the genetic heritage that my mother does, she is my mother and her family is my family. So I guess my focus would be on Canadian French practices from the Quebec area.

#24 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

Thank you for the read.
!!!!!

It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#25 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:40 PM

KitchenWitch will probably know a bit more about the Cajun trads. I am a mix of French, French Canadian and Creole lines; which oddly enough intersect in my family tree, LOL...go figure:)
As to the difference of French witchcraft yes there are many different ways that are foreign to the other trad paths. Speaking for myself only, it is a double edge sword. Our ways are passed down through oral tradition and are shrouded in complete secrecy (my family anyways). Which was the entire point of this thread incidentally. We only know of what our family has passed on to us and are just as curious about the other French Trads to see if there are similarities and certain customs. Again speaking only on behalf of my family, there seems to be no commonality with the Italian Stregha or British Trads, etc, etc. Will try to think of specific examples that I can share though:D. It's late and I am getting sleepy. My brain turns into a pumpkin in 3 minutes, LOL.

Dear Arabie, Somehow I missed this response. Sorry it has taken me so long to see it. That did help me to understand why I cannot find the information I was looking for.
Thank you,
Rebie

#26 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

oh please, less of the 'pure blood' , 'h.p.' bullshite if one doesent mind. my great granny waseatever, it means nought.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

#27 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

I'm glad you're in China, Fin... perhaps it will absorb some of the alcohol out of your brain so you don't continue to make asinine posts like this one.

Sandra, indeed. :vomit:

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#28 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:24 AM

Glad someone understood wtf he was saying LOL! Man...he made my brain hurt LOL! :roflhard: