Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnjelWolf

The Reeping

Ok..I brought this DVD the other day on a whim because the previews looked REALLY good.

I got it home and was finally able to watch it last night with my daughter. Let me tell you we BOTH we glued to our chairs!

Hilairy swank played the lead role in this movie and it was truly amazing!

Yes it talks about the 10 plagues (blood in water, cattle dying, frogs dropping from air, fire in sky, lice and locuts infestation, etc.) and in this movie...it appears to be affecting a small town in Louisiana.

I'm not going to give away the vital details to this movie...but I am going to tell you that the next time I see what appears to be blood in any body of water (even if it WAS red tide) my happy witchy ass is scooting away rather quick! LOL!

To say I loved this movie doesn't cover it completely. Yeah it talks about the bible but it made it very interesting as well.

Guest Rebie

Thanks for the info. I saw the previews and thought about seeing it. now i will. sounds like my kind of movie.

Rebie

Guest Kathrina

Oh, my husband and I really wanted to see that, but never did. I have to rent it. It does look really good. Thanks for the info AW! :)

I haven't heard of it before, but it'll go on my must-see list. Thx for the review!

It made me never want to go to louisiana or africa ...or into a dark room for quite some time :shock: and I mean that in a good way ..halloween must see!

Guest TechieWitch

I tried to rent this via pay-per-view one Sunday; but was unable to. Some bullshit about the football packages preventing anyone from renting it. But now I will definitely keep trying! Thanks for the info.

Guest Rebie

I just saw the reeping last night. It was a great movie.

Rebie

Guest lurking

I saw this movie in the theater. I loved it!

Heather

This finally made it's way on to Sky Movies recently and it peaked my interest so I watched it and was pleasantly surprised - it really is a good film, seems to be another of those underrated films. Don't remember hearing about it at the cinema.

Don't be put off by the whole biblical plague thing, I couldn't be more far removed from Christianity if I tried but it's not laden down with bible bashing to make it preachy or anything. Just an interesting story, with a good twist.

And the ending...ooh err!! :scared:

This finally made it's way on to Sky Movies recently and it peaked my interest so I watched it and was pleasantly surprised - it really is a good film, seems to be another of those underrated films. Don't remember hearing about it at the cinema.

Don't be put off by the whole biblical plague thing, I couldn't be more far removed from Christianity if I tried but it's not laden down with bible bashing to make it preachy or anything. Just an interesting story, with a good twist.

And the ending...ooh err!! :scared:

A damn good movie huh?! Hilary Swank played her best in this :)

I like how you can take the ending of it a couple of different ways and I mean the very end not the really excellent plot twist, I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't yet, but are dying to see it, but you'll see what I mean. Oooohhhh it's so hard when you wanna discuss a movie and can't lol. It's so good I just can't spoil it for anyone.

Guest Landieth

I thought this movie was pretty good. :)

Haha, probably just me, but I love the idea of cursing by plague! Plus, I do like some of the stories in the bible, minus the christian babble-spit.

My son saw this and said it was great. Been watching for it on cable but haven't seen it on yet.

I did see Premonition with Sandra Bullock. That one freaked me out!!

Guest Landieth

Premonition confused me a bit. Got into it after I caught on as to what was happening. lol

Thanks for the info. I saw the previews and thought about seeing it. now i will. sounds like my kind of movie.

Rebie

Diddo with me.. Thanks Anjel... Oh now I need to see Premonition cause I love Sandra Bullock movies.

I watched this last weekend, twice, and reallt enjoyed it. Good acting and great special effects. May have to watch it again or buy the DVD.

Guest Perizada

:vhappywitch: Thanks!! I am going to get it from Netflix asap!! Perfect for the upcoming Halloween season!!!

Hey I watched this this past weekend.. its a great movie.. I want to buy it now! Hilary did a wonderful job in this! Gezz I totally loved it. Now I need to see Premonition with Sandra Bullock.

Ooh, I've seen this - I agree it was excellent! There were a couple of "behind the sofa" moments!

I've also seen Premonition which put my head in a bit of a spin (not difficult to do....) but again, a pretty interesting ending!

Both films are very worth while watching. I also saw Next recently with Nic Cage which was also about premonitions - not as good as Premonition but still reasonably entertaining!!