Some of MY NOLA pics :-)

Cairelle

762_thumb.attach

763_thumb.attach

764_thumb.attach

765_thumb.attach

The first is of a butterfly, obviously... what I didn't realize is that a bee had flown in right when I snapped the shot! The second and third pics are of an open tomb, and the gifts that have been left for the deceased inside. The last is of some flowers in the swamp.

:D

The flower and bee is wonderful! The shots you don't know you got are always the best.:D

I was really taken with the tomb, what everyone left. I don't know really how to explain it, but it made me smile to see.

Guest 53rdspirit

Great pictures, KW. My favorites were the tomb...someone is cared about...that is what the pictures convey to me. And, hey, I didn't know flowers grew in the swamp!--so cool! Thanks so much for the pics.

More pics:

766_thumb.attach

767_thumb.attach

768_thumb.attach

769_thumb.attach

The first two are of statues from atop tombs. The first one Anjel also has, the grieving mother. The third is an opening in a tomb. The fourth is what showed up when I shoved my hand and camera inside that hole and snapped a pic. If you look closely, you can see the old coffin on the left, and the bones of the older body on the right. They're brownish in color: a part of a skull shows, as well as some long bones. Spooky!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Love the tomb shots...and the flower pic is beautiful....I've always been drawn to NOLA but the need to get my ass there is on the rise!!! lol

J :flyaway:

Archived