- - - - -

Your views on sleep paralyasis

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_finyacluck_*

Guest_finyacluck_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:57 AM

Hello, I would be very interested to hear peoples views on sleep paralyasis (probably spelt that wrong). I have been suffering from it since my early teens, not as regular now, or as severe but still happens once in a while. Have talked to others before but so far nobodys seem as severe as mine i.e. visions,finding myself laughing hysterically for no real reason, head staggers, whispering in ear etc.. Now i quite enjoy it, mostly, as instead of fighting it in a fearful way I welcome it. But once in a while it is impossible to welcome as if it is against you. In my mind I have no doubt that these are entities, sometimes demons. Some people are of the belief that their only motive is to harm you but I strongly dis-agree with this. Also has anybody got any techniques on a quick and easy way to fight it as until now I have confronted it on sort of battle of wills kind of way.

#2 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:18 AM

Yes simple. We have just been talking about this on another thread somewhere. You have a neg attached to you and is feeding off you. This would explain the paralysis during sleep or resting.

Please get hold of Practical Psychic Self Defense by Robert Bruce and deal with this asap.
http://astore.amazon...7394482-1016659
(thats if you are in Europe)

I would also then keep your guard up, sever your etheric cords regularly and do some meditations to cleanse and align your chakras

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#3 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:23 AM

I'd agree with Sandy's comments, get a hold of the Robert Bruce book.

If you want a quick method of getting out of it, simply concentrate on moving your Big Toe, simple and effective to get out of the paralysis.

The book will help you understand what is happening better and help you protect agaisnt it.

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#4 Guest_finyacluck_*

Guest_finyacluck_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:27 AM

Thanks, away to online bookstore.

So basically it is never a good thing? Also I strongly feel that its not always the same thing but many different.

#5 Guest_finyacluck_*

Guest_finyacluck_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:29 AM

Thanks Brian, thats what I do, or my left foot usually. Now I shake it off pretty easily, sometimes Im not even paralysed but experience all the other sensations.

#6 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:31 AM

No its never a good thing to have something feeding off you, whether is another person or an entity. They feed off your emotions, usually they induce nightmares as fear is one of the strongest emotions. Others feed off sexual climax - another strong emotion... just be careful, you MUST protect yourself and shield yourself at all times. xx
Posted Image
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image

#7 LadyHawk

LadyHawk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

Hmmm...yes and no. Sorry to add a boring rational explanation but whatever...we all suffer from sleep paralysis....it is part of our sleep pattern and entirely normal. It becomes a problem when we are overstressed, overtired or ill. These other factors can then alter the pattern and our perception of what is real and what isn't.

I am not saying that there aren't negative forces around, how could anyone be sure though. Look for a physical reason first.

LadyHawk x

#8 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:52 PM

http://en.wikipedia....Sleep_paralysis

Here is a link I found on it. I would not go so far as to say that it is "normal" or that it is supposed to happen frequently. I would also say that if you are dipping into magick that you are not ready for then Negs could easily attach themselves to you.

Last but not least it could be both. You could have a Neg that is causing your sleep to be altered. That being said, if you are "enjoying" it that would feed the neg even more.

Now to my closing: GET THE BOOK!:D

"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." - Plato

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato

#9 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:16 PM

Ladyhawk good point, I always tend to jump for the more paranormal solution as that is normal for my life LOL

I have never ever had a sleep paralysis ever. My mother experienced them during the time she was being attacked by a neg, since then never again.

It is anyway good practise to continously protect yourself following this path, negs or not :)

Fin if you ever feel like someone is holding you down and pinning you that is a classic symptom of psychic attack... what worries me is how long you have been experiencing this, but that is also normal, once you have had one, they tend to come back.

Its good to have different perspectives on this, so I would try a bit of everything suggested :)

Posted Image

#10 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:27 AM

I used to experience it once in a while but not too much anymore *knock wood* I hated when It woukd happen...scare the crap outta me.
[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#11 snow

snow

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:44 PM

This has never happened to me, but it has helped me to determine whether the being my then boyfriend (now husband) saw one night was not "supernatural" or an actual spirit. Here's the story.

We were both asleep. This is when he lived in an apartment in a very old house in Atlanta. I was wakened by very shrill screams and cries. My boyfriend was screaming, and his screams sounded like a woman. (I have only heard that sound come from him two other times in my life, but that's another story.) I turned the light on and calmed helped him calm down. He said that he woke up in the middle of the night, and of course he couldn't move. (Sleep paralysis). He looked over at the corner of the room, at the foot of his side of the bed, and saw a figure. She was a woman, very pale skinned with glasses I believe. He couldn't move or cry out, and apparently he was very scared, but she herself wasn't scary. She moved over towards my side of the bed, and came next to me. That was when he was finally able to scream. When he did, she put her hands up towards her face, like she was scared. Then he must have woken up, and she disappeared. Anyway, he was really terrified, and I didn't really understand why because even if she were real, his description of her didn't really seem scary... But we both managed to get back to sleep. We had no other experiences in that apartment, before or after, and so I concluded that he must have been experiencing sleep paralysis, and not spiritual connections.

Sometimes I wonder if it was real, and the woman he saw was just a ghost of myself, as I am pale skinned with glasses :). I'm just kidding, unless I was possibly spirit walking and I didn't know it!!! LOL

Bigmouth Strikes Again

#12 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:39 PM

To me that suggests what you saw was a manefested spirit in visitation. The paralysis could have been just fear, which your body does naturally and instinctively when you are petrified.

I don't believe that was a neg of any sort and may have been a relative you know or someone passing through.

Thats what I think anyway :) xxx

Posted Image

#13 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:53 PM

In Newfoundland (where I live) this neg sleep paralysis actually has its own tradition. We call it "The Old Hag." We call it this because, here, it's accompanied by an old woman who presses heavy weight down on your chest. It's described as that you feel you can't breathe and you can't move but you're awake. It's said to be terrifying. I've never experienced it thank goodness, but there is a book written on it called The Terror That Comes in The Night: An Experience-Centered Study of Supernatural Assault Traditions by David Huffman. I had to read the book for a Folklore course I was doing (Folklore & the Supernatural - one of my favourite courses!!).

I was told that usually if you read the book before going to bed then you would have The Old Hag that night. As I said, it never happened to me, but I didn't want to tempt fate either, so I usually read the book during the day. It's a little dry at times as it was meant to be the study of a certain tradition, but it was a good read. If anyone wants the ISBN or publishing info just let me know..

J :flyaway:

:howl-moon:

Respect the Elders. Teach the Young. Cooperate with the Pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your Mark.

:Witch-1:

#14 Guest_Kathrina_*

Guest_Kathrina_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:52 AM

My mother is an R.N., so even though I believe in the paranormal, I'm so used to looking for the physical or medical reasons behind the issue.

I have had this happen to me, but only a few times.

The first time I remember it so well, because it really scared me. I fell alseep with the lamp on that was sitting on my dresser. And then it just happened where I was able to see my dresser and the dim light from my lamp, but I couldn't move. I really struggled to move and I tried to yell for my mom. So, I just laid there and tried to relax and I guess that I just drifted back to sleep. I asked my mom the next morning if she heard me yelling for her and I explained what happened and she told me that it was sleep paralysis.

It happened to me a few times after that and then something totally different happened.

I was about to go to sleep at my husband's place (we were dating at the time) and I always fell asleep facing the door. I was by myself and I left the door half way open and the stairs are right there so I can see the light from the kitchen downstairs. Now, I fell asleep. I then can see the door and the dim light from the kitchen. Then I was like, oh shit, not again. lol. So, I relaxed, but then everything went black ( I was laying on my stomach) and I felt like someone grabbed me by the shirt and gently turned me over and started to raise the upper part of my body so that I was sitting almost upright and towards this face that I could not see. I felt like I weighed nothing. Anyhow, I told whoever or whatever it was to put me down and leave me alone.

They say that you can hallucinate while you are having this sleeping disorder, but I'm still not too sure what it was. :eek:

#15 Guest_finyacluck_*

Guest_finyacluck_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:10 AM

Thank you all for your posts, interesting and helpful they are. I forgot to mention that I also sleep with my eyes open and have done since I was a baby:shock:. I have never known anyone else who does this and everybody that knows me finds this very strange. Please somebody tell me that im not alone in this regard.

#16 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:30 AM

I felt like someone grabbed me by the shirt and gently turned me over and started to raise the upper part of my body so that I was sitting almost upright and towards this face that I could not see. I felt like I weighed nothing. Anyhow, I told whoever or whatever it was to put me down and leave me alone.

They say that you can hallucinate while you are having this sleeping disorder, but I'm still not too sure what it was. :eek:

You know that this to me sounds more like the "helpers" that can come and aid you come out your body for Astral Travel. They evidently come to some people to help you get out.. just like you described and take you to another plane where you are free to go as you please until you are ready or want to go back.

If you are brave enough, let them help you out and see what happens next time :)

Posted Image

#17 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:31 AM

When I was little I remember my father sleeping with one eye open an one eye shut - apart from that .. lets just say Im mighty glad I don't share your bed LOL ..

Id be up doing experiments on you all night long HAHHAA

Thank you all for your posts, interesting and helpful they are. I forgot to mention that I also sleep with my eyes open and have done since I was a baby:shock:. I have never known anyone else who does this and everybody that knows me finds this very strange. Please somebody tell me that im not alone in this regard.

Posted Image

#18 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:49 AM

Ha ha you are not alone in this! I sleep with my eyes open, so does my son. My grandmother did too so I think it is some sort of inherited characteristic.

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#19 Guest_Kathrina_*

Guest_Kathrina_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

You know that this to me sounds more like the "helpers" that can come and aid you come out your body for Astral Travel. They evidently come to some people to help you get out.. just like you described and take you to another plane where you are free to go as you please until you are ready or want to go back.

If you are brave enough, let them help you out and see what happens next time :)

Thanks, Sandy. I will take your advice. :)

#20 Guest_finyacluck_*

Guest_finyacluck_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:00 PM

Hooray i'm not a freak. Thanks Tana