Casting same spell twice after mistakes first time round. Is that ok?

Mathew

I did a spell last night. I was supposed to bury the spell somewhere this morning.

SO I went somewhere, and started digging. The phone went, I stood up and kicked over the cup which had the ingredients in it. Half the liquid spilled out of the cup in to the bag. Tried to get the liquid back in to the cup and some of it spilled on to me and my clothes.

It was a comedy of errors. I buried the dam thing, but I was really annoyed that it didn't go according to plan.

Can I cast the same spell twice. E.g: go over the whole process again?  Even if I have to collect some of the  ingredients again.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If that happened to me I would think it was hilarious. Also, I would probably meditate more on what I was going about with my spell and why I was doing it.

I think sometimes some working can be really difficult to complete. Sometimes I just... fiddle with it for ages until I figure out what I'm doing.. it's not necessarily linear either. Or sometimes I would need to change it later? Should I have given up at the start just because I wasn't figuring it out? I was doing magical workings but they weren't working... but I shouldn't have given up, I just needed to figure it all out.

I tend to think that if something isn't done then it isn't done. It didn't do anything, the thing wasn't done. That's not very clear thinking though, it can be murkier than that ig if things get muddled up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would say, wait and see. Did you specify a time frame for your working? If you didn't then the results could come at any time. a day, a week, a month, a year from now. But if you do want to double up, just be prepared for the effects that may have. Like if you did a money spell, it could probably work in your favour but could work against you for something else. Here's an analogy for you, if I made a cake and messed up the recipe, if I had the time and it was important I would make it again. But if it was just for me to eat and it tasted good then I would just make do.

In the end, what does your gut say?? Follow your instincts. If you don't feel right doing it again, then don't. If you think you need to re-do it, then do so.

I agree with Phagos, follow your instincts.  If you don't know what your instincts are saying then try to work things out using divination. 

Consider that  some "accidents" really are just accidents but some are signs. Maybe now is not the time for this working or it was just not meant to be. Perhaps it shows there are obstacles for you to overcome or maybe it simply was not the right place to bury it. Even the interrupting phone may be significant. I know this probably isn't that helpful but learning to discern this kind of stuff is going to be a useful skill in the long run.  Let intuition be your guide, don't over think it.

Depending on the nature of the working you might want to cleanse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thankyou both for replying. The spell is very important to me.   But I think the interrupting phone call tells me that something is out there trying to stop me.

Seriously, the person I got a call from is the most unreliable person, who hardly ever calls, and then suddenly, out of the blue...

My instincts tell me the spell is not finished. The problem is that I did bury the contents in the ground, as was supposed to be.  But the spell was interrupted and ingredients - including liquid spilled out of the cup - and I couldn't get all the ingredients back in. Difficult to take liquid off of mud in a field - if you see what I mean.

But, I was wondering whether to do the spell again (the concoction of ingredients at home), or to go to the burial site, dig up the cup (quite easy) and just add more of the liquid to it.  

• Like 1

For me personally an important bit is that whatever you do, it should feel complete, done. You should feel it in your bones, a sense of having achieved.

You do whatever you feel will give you this sense of completion. There's no right answer, I personally know I could get it to work either way,  Don't be afraid to experiment. You will soon figure out what's wrong or right for your way of working. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sometimes things don't go as planned. We've all been there. Shit happens. There is no rule book to follow for precision in spell casting. Personally, I would not double up or repeat. JMO. I just imagine spirits looking down on me and saying 'she gave it a good try...bless her heart' probably amused by my efforts. 

On 9/14/2022 at 4:39 PM, Gyreleaf said:

I agree with Phagos, follow your instincts.  If you don't know what your instincts are saying then try to work things out using divination. 

Consider that  some "accidents" really are just accidents but some are signs. Maybe now is not the time for this working or it was just not meant to be. Perhaps it shows there are obstacles for you to overcome or maybe it simply was not the right place to bury it. Even the interrupting phone may be significant. I know this probably isn't that helpful but learning to discern this kind of stuff is going to be a useful skill in the long run.  Let intuition be your guide, don't over think it.

Depending on the nature of the working you might want to cleanse.

Yes I was thinking the same thing, and maybe spilling the ingredients was no accident but a message from whoever you were invoking to tell you to reconsider or amend your spell. Did you miss out a vital ingredient? Did you have the correct offering on you? 

7 hours ago, hemlock27 said:

Sometimes things don't go as planned. We've all been there. Shit happens. There is no rule book to follow for precision in spell casting. Personally, I would not double up or repeat. JMO. I just imagine spirits looking down on me and saying 'she gave it a good try...bless her heart' probably amused by my efforts. 

Okay, that gave me a visual, possibly inaccurate, of spirits in hoop skirts sitting around drinking mint juleps and saying,"oh bless your heart honey, it's all right." And then, Julia Sugarbaker would launch into a recitation of Suzanne Sugarbaker's fire baton act. The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 8:41 PM, StanLily said:

Okay, that gave me a visual, possibly inaccurate, of spirits in hoop skirts sitting around drinking mint juleps and saying,"oh bless your heart honey, it's all right." And then, Julia Sugarbaker would launch into a recitation of Suzanne Sugarbaker's fire baton act. The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia

Not altogether inaccurate. LOL.