Can you chop a candle before casting spell?

Mathew

Hello, this is my first question on this website.   I am fairly new to witchcraft. 

One of the spells I want to do requires three candles.  I have 3 candles the right colour but they are too long. They'd take forever to burn.

So I have chopped them in half.  I have not lit them or cast the spell yet. I want to do that later.

Is it ok to chop candles before lighting them and casting a spell?   Long before the whole ritual / process begins. Or do chopped candles have less potency? 

• Like 1

A candle is just a candle until you require it to be something else. As in, it will only have a magical purpose when it give it one.

Candle magic can be used for many different spellworks. Some require a long slow burn, others a short one. If your spell is released when the candle burns out then, as you've assumed, you probably don't want one to burn for hours and hours. But it really depends on your working. I've done what I needed to do with the candle and then just let it burn over night, taking the appropriate safety precautions of course. Others I've had have been used as and when. So I did my working with the candle and then I just light it when I need it and used it multiple times. It really depends on what you want the candle for.