Photo
- - - - -

Do you use, own,tarot cards?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#1 Rainbow7

Rainbow7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:59 PM

Hi,
My first thread since joining couple days ago,apart from intro. Was wondering if any of you use or own tarot cards. If so, what kind, pack and why? Whats ya favourite if have more than one[ if poss to have a favourite, some like all for diff reasons some have particular one]
What special cleansing charging etc do you do? If you feel like sharing to others .
I personally have many packs over many years, well 20 years to me is many,lol. Have used some for short times others looooooong time then stop , others just keep, collect kinda. Im presently useing celtic pack. feel strongly drawn to the colours, pictures, symbolismn [ sp?]
Thanks in advance for answers that may come x

#2 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

Hi This has been discussed in depth in the private area but Im sure some tarot users here will come forward with some advice.

Although I read Tarot, I don't cleanse them because nobody else touches them and I keep them wrapped in silk scarfs.

I am into Lenormand cards at the moment so that is my main focus right now, my Tarot is on the back burner for now. Im sure other tarot readers will be happy to share some general information with you here though :)

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#3 greenbeans

greenbeans

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:18 PM

hi,

I own 10 packs of tarot and oracle cards

Rider Waite Smith
The Fey Tarot
Tarot of the Secret Forest
Tarot of the Magical Forest
The Fairytale Tarot
Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot
Victorian Romantic Tarot
Victorian Flower Oracle
The Fairy Ring Oracle
The Faeries Oracle

I'm currently looking to get a Tarot De Marseilles and a Bohemian Gothic. I'm a bit of a collector (I love the different artwork and interpretations) but mainly use them for divination purposes. Nothing fancy, mostly 3 card spreads- I like to keep it simple! I love them all, I think my faves are the Secret Forest, the Fey, and the Faeries Oracle.

I don't cleanse them but then I do keep them under lock and key!

#4 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:43 PM

Yes this has been discussed in depth previously (do a search and I"M sure you might find it).

I use three decks...animal spirits deck...Egyptian Deck and Wolf Deck all at once.

#5 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

I use a deck that my husband picked out for me. Now being that he is thrifty he bought me The Tarot Discovery Kit. It has a pretty deck, an interactive CD, a satin bag, and a guidebook. At first I wasn't sure if I would like it but, now I couldn't imagine a better deck for me.

I think you will find, that it is all about the deck that you connect with the most. I agree with Sandy, as long as you keep others from touching your deck, you shouldn't have to cleanse it. There are websites that you can look at, just Google Tarot. In the end you'll find that it is all up to you. Mostly have fun and do it your way.

#6 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:49 PM

My oldest daughter has a beautiful Vampire tarot deck and my youngesty daughter has a faery tarot deck...oh yeah...my husband has the wolf deck as well.

#7 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:15 PM

Yes this has been discussed in depth previously (do a search and I"M sure you might find it).

She might find it Anjel, but she can't view it :eek:. The Tarot convo is in the Private area for Full Members, it isn't open to Seekers until we approve them :D

Posted Image
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image

#8 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

She might find it Anjel, but she can't view it :eek:. The Tarot convo is in the Private area for Full Members, it isn't open to Seekers until we approve them :D

oh shit you're right Sands...my bad! Sorry Rianbow7!

#9 Rainbow7

Rainbow7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for replies every one !!!!!!!
I just wanted to know what you all had preferred , interested, been with tarot quite bit of time now, so thanks peeps, someone said goggle search etc dont need that hunny.
I suppose its how you use to them like every thing else as to cleanse or not? do any of you charge them? again just interested guys , thanks in advance x

#10 Twisted_Angel

Twisted_Angel

Guardian, Guide, Goofball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:55 PM

I've gone through a few decks, but I'm one of those people that once I genuinely connect to something (or someone, whatever) I won't let go unless there's no other choice.

My current deck is the Revelations deck and I'm in love with it! A friend recommended the Gilded deck though when I went to the bookstore to check it out, the Revelations fell off the shelf (I'm a klutz) and it drew me in immediately.

It's a reverse deck all in stained glass type art work with all of the characters depicted wearing masks. There's so much symbolism in them but not so convoluted that you can't see the message. The book that accompanied it is pretty damn cool too. The creator of the deck rendered the symbols, art, etc, all of it himself. He seems pretty passionate about it. At any rate, my deck reflects me in my mentality and behaviors. There are many faces I wear and many costumes I'll don, and while they are all *part* of me, none of them *are* me. See?

I only do readings for close friends, and in those special cases I'll insist they shuffle, draw and lay out the cards since they're the querant, not me. After that, I'll cleanse them with a chunk of raw amethyst I have and dragon's blood inscense, let them sit in the sun or moonlight for a period...until I feel that they are 'mine' again. I'm kinduva screwball witch though. ;)

Amber

~*~ Twisted Angel ~*~

:rolleyes:

#11 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:51 PM

Hi Rainbow. I use the Aleister Crowley Thoth tarot. Initially I charged in by the full moon, then the dark moon, four in a row for balance. Its settled its energy now and I find it works for me. Querrents do shuffle and pick but then I quickly ground the Daarth cards in silk and incense while I read the spread. After that the spread cards are grounded in different silk, same incense and the deck reunited. I read more for myself than others so its not a great issue. Hope that helps!
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#12 Rainbow7

Rainbow7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:54 PM

You sound lot like me twisted angel x
Way you cleanse , charge them !!!!!!!!!! I also use breath, blow huge puff on them[ after meditating charged with energy] or visualise energy going through them around them etc. Its wonderful you can actually[ well i have] feel see the energy during and afters. Infact only today mid afternoon was laying down on bed for 10 mins time out relaxing, not to go to sleep and my cards on top of a special box i own were vibrating buzzing away [ didnt hear the buzzing, lol] watched for good few minutes in awe. Nice to meet you anyways, and thanks to every one elses replies x

#13 Guest_Kathrina_*

Guest_Kathrina_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:02 AM

Hi Rainbow. The tarot deck that I use is called The Witches Tarot and I bought it about 6 years ago. Yes, I am very attached to the deck, lol. I use different spreads and I don't cleanse the deck because I am the only person that touches the cards.

#14 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:31 AM

Greetings Sandy, All

I am into Lenormand cards at the moment so that is my main focus right now,

Cool - aren't they lovely? I had a set and they went AWOL so I got another a couple of years back. I must say that I have a real soft spot for them and the layout ...

I have recently seen a deck which, from what I could fathom at a passing glance was along the same lives but playing card style with a wee blurb in the middle ... when I get a sec I reckon I will have to suss them out too ...

Fraternally

Scott

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!

#15 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:48 AM

I have two types, one with just picture and blurb and one with other bits on including the playing card .. I like them the most because it gives you pointers as well as the playing card it represents so when I get the hang of them I could do it with normal playing cards too.

These just sit right with me. I got mine in France as finding them in English is really rare. They are a big hit in Germany, which is where I found out about them but needed the English blurb :)

pics attached :)

Attached Files

Posted Image

#16 Terri

Terri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

I have two decks at the moment The original Rider Waiteand the Egyptian Tarot.

I am getting this set soon though - Tarot Of The Secret Forest. I really feel a connection to them even though I have only seen pictures online, so I can't wait to get them =D.

Terri

#17 greenbeans

greenbeans

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

You'll love the Secret Forest Terri! Dark earthy tones- you can practically smell the damp decaying leaves on the forest floor!

Some don't like it due to the insect imagery and unusual 2 sided design, but I think its amazing. Kind of unusual and doesn't quite follow the usual RWS imagery but if you are intuitive that won't matter!

#18 fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

I've got the St. Petersburg Russian Tarot. . .mainly because I have a mass affinity for all things Russian (past life maybe?) The imagery is very detailed, and overall beautiful.

Sadly, I just don't use them. I only read when I feel the call to do so, and it's usually 10 minutes or more before they stop bitching long enough for me to be able to actually read. lol

Toodles!
Amy

"A little revolution, now and then, is a healthy thing, don't you think?" Marko Ramius, The Hunt for Red October

#19 Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:17 AM

I have a tarot deck... it's nothing special... & I'm honestly not sure where I put them. I just thought they'd be neat... & they were in a beginners pack.

I've only done a couple of readings with them, just playing around. A friend of mine was really bothered by my reading & said everything made so much sense afterward. I think it scared him but he wouldn't tell me... I should fish them back out.

#20 Guest_Hel26_*

Guest_Hel26_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:48 AM

I know this thread is somewhat old. Or is it? I don't know and I'm not a very internet savvy witch.

Anyhow, I use the Sacred Circle Tarot. Not because I necessarily like the pictures (and the cards are too big and clunky) but because it's the only deck that gives me spot on answers. I've tried to use other more appealing decks like the original Rider Waite (for some reason I like the classical look of decks styled after medieval period--even though the Waite is modern) but for some reason they never worked for me. So the Sacred Circle so far I think picked me, or something, and works for me without fail. I have no problem with letting others--at least others that I know and like--touch my cards and I don't really feel the need to cleanse them. Although like most new tools I breathe or blow on them to kind of enliven them and I usually give them a name so that I can work with them more effectively and they respond to me better. Then I just keep them in a black velvet bag:)