4 replies to this topic

#1 snow

snow

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

Hello,

I wanted to make a quick post to see if there was anyway we could update the chathost or change it a bit. I have never been able to chat. Every time I go in there, I am able to see myself and others in the Chat, but I am unable to type. So people say "Hello Snow" and I can't even respond. I didn't know if anyone else was having this problem, or if I was the only one. I have a MAC computer that's pretty fast and has all the proper plug-ins, but my computer just keep saying it's "receiving" information from TW at the bottom of the window. It's just slow and choppy, kind of like having a bad connection... Is this a MAC thing? Any suggestions???

Bigmouth Strikes Again

#2 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

Hi snow,

quickly logged in to answer ... I'm working on another TW site 'project' at the moment.

the flash chat we use is the latest version of the software, it depends on having Adobe Flash installed.

Could you go to this link and check if you have the latest version for your Macintosh?

http://www.macromedi...re/flash/about/

Sometimes Flash can get corrupted on PCs / Mac's so best to check it with Adobe's site evry so often.

I can't get to the FlashChat support site at the moment, but I am aware of some people on mac's having problems, normally solved by updating theie version of Adobe Flash player.

Let me know what happens.

It may take some time to get onto the support site as the internet seems to be sluggish and slow at the moment.

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#3 snow

snow

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:07 AM

Yay I went to the adobe site.:party16::jammin:
Thanks Brian! I'm in there by myself right now (so lonely!) and it works. I hope it works if others come in. whoooo

Bigmouth Strikes Again

#4 Kern

Kern

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:16 PM

No one is ever in there when I go.
"I wish I was in the Land of Britian, Ol' Times there are not Forgotten"

#5 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

Invite people in the Shoutbox, or you could invite people to a chat-date by PM and set a time.

There are times when it is busy and times when not used, and I think these depend on time zones!

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.