BlackbirdSong

Winter Solstice

Just wanted to pop on and say Happy Winter Solstice to you all. I appreciate it sucks quite a bit this year for many due to the restrictions around Covid-19, but I'd love to hear how you're celebrating this year (or just a seasonal moan if you'd rather). It's just past 8am here and the sky is only just starting to lighten. I'm out to collect some flowers for an elixir in a bit, possibly in the rain, but at the moment I'm stuck inside waiting to phone repair men as our heating's broken. However, that's quite nice as I can bake our traditional Winter Solstice cake early. It's a clementine one with ground almonds in place of flour (you boil the clementines for two hours and after removing pips, blend the whole thing, skin and all). After our wet flower collecting, we'll leave offerings to the ancestors and spirits and then I'll cook the boys some venison and blackberry sauce with sweet potato dauphinoise and tell some Wintery tales by candlelight. Once my little one is in bed, I'll get on with the Elixir and have a chat alone with my Ancestors and spirits.

What are your plans? Anyone got a lovely menu or a recipe they use every year? 

It's snowing here, I'm going to get pissed!  Eat Chocolates! and cast a Spell or two!

• Like 1

The sky has been stubbornly overcast, I haven't been able to see the sun rise (or to observe the great conjunction 😞). I was busy with a big piece of astro-magic so I didn't observe the solstice in any special way. Just breathed, acknowledged those that didn't make it through the long night this time around, and expressed gratitude for those of us who survived.

• Like 1

I hear you Spectropoetics, whenever there is something good (astrologicaly) happening, either the mountains are hiding it, or it is cloudy!  I just have to accept that it is happening wether I can see it or not, and do my working anyway!  I have my candles going as we speak!  Getting ready to spark up a Sigil or two.  Merry Yule!

• Like 1

I will be celebrating family this solstice. My family has recently been blessed this month with a Yuletide miracle involving an extremely ill close family member (who nearly died early this month) that is fit for a movie (she was completely cured within days!). I may make a magical tea I created if we get the ingredients, and I will more than likely have a good sit down with the ancestors about this upcoming year.

I did not plan it, bat did a couple of curses. Time was right.

• Like 1

Well, I did'nt curse them only Bannished!