Siedstafr

Sagefire

• 2 weeks later...

Allrighty Sagefire, 28  inches, that's long, very impressive.  How did you attach the crystal, is it quartz?  On the other end, it looks like you either sharpened the tip end or added some other piece to the end.  I love the way your Runes run around the wand.  Enquiring minds want to know.  Oh, and what kind are the feathers?

3 hours ago, Onyx said:

Allrighty Sagefire, 28  inches, that's long, very impressive.  How did you attach the crystal, is it quartz?  On the other end, it looks like you either sharpened the tip end or added some other piece to the end.  I love the way your Runes run around the wand.  Enquiring minds want to know.  Oh, and what kind are the feathers?

To my eye the tip is either bone or antler

The crystal is a raw amethyst and most of it is embedded in the wood, the tip is elk antler tied with sinew.  As this is a historic representation of a Norse shaman's staff, it is a diverse tool and can even double as a weapon.  The runes say,"Hail Odin, Hail Freya, Hail Eir", and are translated from Icelandic, not English.  The feathers are Raven to represent Huginn and Muninn as are indicated by the engraved antler dangles from the same rack that provided the tip.

Edited by Sagefire
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1