laura

Awakening experience

When we begin to awaken we are very excited about our sharpened senses and intuition. Each "new level" we see, hear, taste and feel all the nuances of everything, as if we have been born anew. And even though it is absolutely delightful and valid to be happy about it and to enjoy these states, it is very important to let go of the excitement sooner than later. 

As long as you keep being excited and pay attention to every new detail, you keep getting lost in it and your progress will stagnant until you finally get used to everything "new". This can take years and years for some. Another problem with getting lost in details, signs and symbols and meaning is that it might get you into psychotic states, where you lose track of your main goal and the "base of reality" completely. It's like being swallowed by chaos and still trying to make sense of every shape and color that's flying around you. This might cost you your potential at some point. 

To make sure you progress as fast as it is possible and healthy for you, you need to learn the kind of discipline, where you let go of excitement, of your attachment to signs and meaning and identification with everything "magical" and extraordinary. Make it all, every crazy synchronicity or divine-Kundalini-alien-sex sensation (😅) feel absolutely ordinary, like everyday business that you barely pay attention to. That way your capacity to hold "divinity" will increase exponentially and you will still not be attached to anything it brings up personally.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, I am at the moment cataloging all the signs, symbols and runes that I can find,  including Chaos,.  Not psychotic yet, I just enjoy that sort of thing.  Different strokes for different folks as they say.  I'm not stuck in the details, I'm just enjoying the journey.

I think I was in my teens before I realized that not everyone saw and talked to spirits.  

16 hours ago, StanLily said:

I think I was in my teens before I realized that not everyone saw and talked to spirits.  

Nice!  It has only happened to me once, boy!  Was I suprised!

On 10/20/2020 at 10:26 AM, Onyx said:

Nice!  It has only happened to me once, boy!  Was I suprised!

Over the years it's gravitated more to animal spirits, mostly cats.  The spirit of a young cougar used to visit my cats.  I think he was lonely for feline company and felt comfortable here.

• Like 1

Spirit of a Cougar visiting, fasinating, I wonder if it could be a totem animal for you.  Or a power animal, something you need to add to your life?

I think that cats in general, are my spirit animal.  I currently have five felines allowing me to provide food and shelter for them.

Yes, I love cats too, I seem to have an affinity for them.  If I could I would have lots of them, Hubby wont let me.  One at a time please.  Although, I have had overlapping cats, they don't always get along with each other.  I would love to have a Maine Coon or on the other end of the scale a Sphinx cat.  They are almost hairless.  I don't think they would survive the Canadian winters though.  This is Onyx,  I think he is a Norwegian Forest cat.

post-4630-0-49903800-1581887507_thumb.jpg

I never really got 'lost' in the excitement of the discovery of being a Witch because it was always kind of there. I mean, there in the background waiting to be recognised (if that makes sense). 

My mother was very tuned in and had a best friend with the Sight. So I was very young when I first started experiencing the world of Spirit. 

Then as the Craft called out to me I leaned towards mind, body and spirit teachings. I discovered Witchcraft at around twenty, and knew straight away. 

All the energies around me - the dreams, hearing things, seeing glimpses into Spirit, smelling things, feeling everything around me, that buzz when the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and you know you've got 'company'.  

It all grew so familiar and comforting, I sometimes have to concentrate on not being too relaxed about it or I can get lazy and not notice things happening right in front of me. I can see how it can be overwhelming for some people though. It is wonderful at first, knowing that you finally fit in somewhere.

You are fortunate to have learned about Witchcraft at a young age, It took me a great deal longer to finally become a Witch.  2007 to be exact.  Still, there is no timeline, we all get there eventually.