Hibiscus

Where the Heckedy Pegg do I find a cauldron?

I’ve been considering this, as my current cauldron could hardly fit an Apple inside, although it is made of copper and has a shiny brass image of a loom. There is a local smith who makes sugar kettles. How strange would it be to ask him to make an iron cauldron for me? 

Edited by Hibiscus
Misspell

Iron cauldrons must be cast and require a forge.  But do not despair!  They are out there, you must me discerning and persistent.  Near me there is an 'antique'/hoarder shop, basically a full time yard sale who oddly enough has not 1 but 2 English 3 toed cast iron cauldrons weighing about 100 lbs each.  I lust for them but I wood imagine freight and shipping would be a nightmare.

Thanks for the encouragement. I suppose I hadn’t fully considered the weight of the thing and lugging it out for working being a bit of a burden, but I will look for a smaller one so I don’t break my back! I hope one day you get to have one of those!

Try looking at the Bushcraft type camping shops. Lightweight Cauldrons are quite popular for those who enjoy a more rustic camp.

There you go!  That looks like a good one!  We can buy them at our local Witch Supply Shop.  I would like a smaller one though.  Basicly just to burn stuff in.

On 9/24/2020 at 3:45 PM, Ravenshaw said:

Don’t use the buzz work “cauldron” when you shop. Look for iron pot with handle or something. 

Two strings that work well for me are "jambalaya pot" or "campfire kettle feet".

On 10/3/2020 at 8:58 PM, DroseraAmalia said:

Two strings that work well for me are "jambalaya pot" or "campfire kettle feet".

There was a post quite a while back that mentioned a Boy Scout campfire pot that was basically a handled cauldron with a lid. It was insanely cheap but I’m struggling to find it now 

my caulderon is a small white glass ,hobnail pattern one, from Avon.  It was a gift, just because I admired it.  At the moment, It is holding Naustursium seeds that I am drying.  One of these days....

I have a small cauldron, honestly, I think they are overrated.... However, if you want one so badly then a spell may be the solution...

Magick creates magick! 😉

The only thing I would use a cauldron for would be burning things.  No witches brews!

2 hours ago, Onyx said:

The only thing I would use a cauldron for would be burning things.  No witches brews!

That was all I used my small cauldron for.... Right now it's serving as an ash tray. 😂 

For the price they are (£30 for a small) , I personally won't be bothering buying another. Even for burning things, a charcoal disk for example, it just stinks in comparison to other options & you're better off just buying incense & burning your paper over a bowl.

Edited by Hunter

21 hours ago, Hunter said:

That was all I used my small cauldron for.... Right now it's serving as an ash tray. 😂 

Snort, chuckle!

Depending on what you're after, a nice large round copper pan could be used on the stove. A dutch oven on a fire. 

My old copper cauldron came from a junk shop (was sold as a large plant pot holder thing), it now sits on a 70's fondue parrafin burner, but I mostly use it atop the fire outside. I do use it to brew stuff, including herb infused wine and cider on a sabbat. I never burn anything in it, I see it as a vessel and tool of the water element, I also associate it to birth and death, Scorpio season, and the sea. It can also be used to 'birth' poppets and contain spellworking items while waiting for the right timing etc.

Antiqueing!!! I've found some of the best stuff at antique stores. Old cast iron3-legged pots, religious articles from estate sales (where the relatives had no clue what the items were and just put them in consignment antique stores for 10 bucks when they should have been 1000), old wood cupboards and tables, book stands, herbals.... love antique stores. My son and I go often and find the coolest stuff!!!!