Sign in to follow this  
Hibiscus

Where the Heckedy Pegg do I find a cauldron?

I’ve been considering this, as my current cauldron could hardly fit an Apple inside, although it is made of copper and has a shiny brass image of a loom. There is a local smith who makes sugar kettles. How strange would it be to ask him to make an iron cauldron for me? 

Edited by Hibiscus
Misspell

Iron cauldrons must be cast and require a forge.  But do not despair!  They are out there, you must me discerning and persistent.  Near me there is an 'antique'/hoarder shop, basically a full time yard sale who oddly enough has not 1 but 2 English 3 toed cast iron cauldrons weighing about 100 lbs each.  I lust for them but I wood imagine freight and shipping would be a nightmare.

Thanks for the encouragement. I suppose I hadn’t fully considered the weight of the thing and lugging it out for working being a bit of a burden, but I will look for a smaller one so I don’t break my back! I hope one day you get to have one of those!

Try looking at the Bushcraft type camping shops. Lightweight Cauldrons are quite popular for those who enjoy a more rustic camp.

There you go!  That looks like a good one!  We can buy them at our local Witch Supply Shop.  I would like a smaller one though.  Basicly just to burn stuff in.

Don’t use the buzz work “cauldron” when you shop. Look for iron pot with handle or something. 

Or your could say Cauldron  and then cackle manically!

• Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 3:45 PM, Ravenshaw said:

Don’t use the buzz work “cauldron” when you shop. Look for iron pot with handle or something. 

Two strings that work well for me are "jambalaya pot" or "campfire kettle feet".

On 10/3/2020 at 8:58 PM, DroseraAmalia said:

Two strings that work well for me are "jambalaya pot" or "campfire kettle feet".

There was a post quite a while back that mentioned a Boy Scout campfire pot that was basically a handled cauldron with a lid. It was insanely cheap but I’m struggling to find it now 

my caulderon is a small white glass ,hobnail pattern one, from Avon.  It was a gift, just because I admired it.  At the moment, It is holding Naustursium seeds that I am drying.  One of these days....

Sign in to follow this