Stacey

Mandrake Plants

It's been awhile since I've been in the forums, life and whatnot gets in the way so I thought I'd pop in and say hi and share some photos of my mandrakes - the first two are the sizeable Mandragora turcomanica I am growing (I have 5 but this is the biggest) and of my lone Mandragora officinalis root - I had to repot because the top was looking a bit half dead and the soil was quite wet (not from over watering but just general wet weather). So hi again all, hopefully I can become a little more active once again.

20200817_152904.jpg

20200817_152913.jpg

20200817_153237.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Truly beautiful! There is an extremely powerful love / binding spell from Izmir with Mandrake Root. It is said, that if a woman performs the Mandrake Root spell at a man, he'll go crazy for her and he'll run after her. I can post it, if anybody is interest to learn more about this spell.

• Like 1

I guess you had better be sure that he is the Man you really want!  I would be interested in knowing that spell.  

I've been obsessed with Mandragora plants since I was a kid, used to research at the local library. Had my first plant back in the 90s, I turned it into a Alrune when I moved and wasn't able to keep it. Still have the Alrune and 6 live plants, Officinarum and Autumnalis. I took pictures of a Caulescens and posted on IG a few years back, it was the first pictures of that species on IG and it just exploded, now so many grow it, funny how social media works. Plants become trendy. If I had known that as a kid I'd be puzzled indeed. Back then it was beyond nerdy and uncool.

Your plants are stunning !