AliacenisAF9

Where Do We Go When We Dream?

I find dreams utterly fascinating. I once read that it was the unconscious mind compartmentalizing  thoughts and feelings into it's own mental filing cabinet while the individual is asleep.

Interesting concept. But when you're asleep, what wonders do you dream of? 

And how do you interpret your dreams......?

I gave up trying to interpret my  dreams, they really don't seem to fit any of the interpretations in any Dream book I have looked at.  I think my mind just takes a holiday when I'm sleeping.  One thing I will tell you is the next time I have a dream lover, I'm giving in to him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Onyx said:

One thing I will tell you is the next time I have a dream lover, I'm giving in to him.

Ha! Nice!  When I was in high school I became interested in lucid dream experiments.  What I can say with certainty is that there are instances when I recognize that I am in a dream and upon realizing it, I try to alter events.  Typically this results in me waking up after manifesting whatever change I attempt.  During my waking time, I am constantly checking to see if I am dreaming.  Habits like checking my watch frequently, mindfully reading things, or using my phone are good indicators of which side of my skull I'm on.  I am not sure that we actually go to a different place, but rather we experience free form creativity that is hampered by the rules of our waking life.  These rules play with fear and frustration and rarely reward us.  If we can live our daily lives in such a way that does not rely on social conventions as laws punishable by being chased by demons, falling off a building, or arriving at work naked, and instead practice form play and spontaneous creative manifestation, we may actually tear down the veil between the two and life will become the dream, or is it the other way 'round?  If we can do this Onyx may get her dream lover after all.

Edited by Sagefire
  • Like 1

I have had a lucid dream where I saw my deceased Father sitting at on outdoor cafe having a cup of tea.  I remember thinking this is unusual , Dad's dead, and made a point to sit with him and talk to him.  I did not get a reply of any kind, we just sat there.  It was nice to just be together.  I find it strange that I dream of Father often but not Mother.

Still waiting for my Dream Lover!  Hopefully it does not turn out to be an Inncubus!

I've dreamt of my Mum before, the dream I had with her was quite vivid. But when I dream of my Dad he's further away, almost unattainable - a bit like both of them in life I suppose.

Yes, I was closer to my Father than my Mother, Mum was very critical of me, I really did not get much encouragement from her.  Except for the day she told me "I have quite good legs".

I have very vivid dreams-- like movies playing in my head-- very frequently, and I remember them when I wake up. Sometimes they have continuous story lines, other times they are very fragmented. Interestingly enough, I've never dreamt of my mother. I've had dreams of my gran dying (she and I are very close, she took care of me when I was young and started me on my Witchy path) and my dad growing wings and flying away (he was on business trips a lot when I was a kid and I loved him lots). Both of those dreams had me waking up in tears. I've also had dreams about spirits and inviting in negative entities. Not sure what to make of those. I can lucid dream as well, although I don't make the conscious effort to do it; it's just something I've noticed I do when I'm dreaming.

My dad is still around but my mom passed a few years ago.  When I see her in a dream she never speaks, but we were never very close.

I also find that if I'm worried about something, it always seems to manifest into a theme - like if I'm going through a rough patch (which is practically my whole life in a nutshell) then more often than not I find myself being chased by wolves and I'm trying to climb up onto things (lamp posts, trees, rooftops, even a church altar in one dream) to try and get away from them.

And these themes are reoccurring up until 'normal service' is resumed.

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 5:39 AM, AAF9 said:

I find dreams utterly fascinating. I once read that it was the unconscious mind compartmentalizing  thoughts and feelings into it's own mental filing cabinet while the individual is asleep.

Interesting concept. But when you're asleep, what wonders do you dream of? 

And how do you interpret your dreams......?

Whew, I must be doing a lot of compartmentalizing......I always wonder "where does my brain get SO MUCH stuff that needs to be sorted?" LOL

I dream almost all night every night, Especially between 3 - 5 a.m.  Many mornings, during those hours, I just slip right into Lucid dreaming whether I want to or not. And start very actively  participating in my dreams, changing, controlling, redoing  everything I don't like about what I was and am  dreaming. It is like being the actors, director, writers and producer all at once.

Around 5:oo ish I wake up but keep dreaming even though  I am awake...it takes awhile for me to shut it off!

I now only occasionally try to interpret, or make any sense out of any of it. I have  tried in the past but cant seem to for most of it... except for the several  very realistic, remembered every detail perfectly after I woke up, warning dreams of very, very serious things that were coming...and they did

Edited by Homeschoolie

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 10:25 AM, Onyx said:

I gave up trying to interpret my  dreams, they really don't seem to fit any of the interpretations in any Dream book I have looked at. 

That is my experience too. The books, imho, are mostly just someone making the stuff up to make money selling books. :)  Seems to me Dream interpretation is a personal/individual/emotion based thing that can't be defined by rules and symbols found in a book.

When I started just looking at  what was happening, or had happened in the past,  in my life, and what I feel about it,  then some of the dreams made more sense. 

Sometimes I think we just stay in our own mind when dreaming, but then I will have a dream that makes me think that maybe we do the OBE thing and go somewhere else......so I am still pursuing the truth on this !

Edited by Homeschoolie

7 hours ago, Homeschoolie said:

Sometimes I think we just stay in our own mind when dreaming, but then I will have a dream that makes me think that maybe we do the OBE thing and go somewhere else......so I am still pursuing the truth on this !

Yes, I think I have Out of Body experiences quite often.  I dream travel to Edinburgh, Scotland, to a specific Graveyard and a specific grave, actually it is the grave of a prominent arcitect.  Not any of my relatives, that I know off.  

Posted (edited)

I used to have these dreams when I was a child, where I was running through forests with bare feet, with the wind at my back, up through winding hills, almost feeling the moist grass between my toes and smelling the night air....it was always night in my dreams.

I've never tried to do  any regression or past life hypnotherapy, but my dreams were so vivid.

Edited by AAF9