AliacenisAF9

Strange Occurrences/Phenomena.

I have experienced strange dreams in the past - phenomena like: I'll hear loud banging sounds like someone rapping thunderously on a church door and I literally jump awake, but there is nothing there.

Or I've heard my partner calling out for me and awoke startled, thinking he is in trouble or pain, and when I wake him up (if I haven't already) he gives me a weird look, stating he was fast asleep and woke up to me panicking.

I also encountered strange things in a previous address where my partner and I were residing at the time. The mini CD player came on numerous times by itself, my old video player would switch on and play (makes us sound ancient haha). My satellite TV would switch channels and then my toilet started flushing itself! 

It never really bothered me - I grew up seeing strange things every day. But my partner and his friend (both of which hadn't believed me) had the fright of their lives when it started happening to them both one night....

We moved shortly after (not because of the strange things but because of nasty neighbours), to a vastly more haunted town but I don't appear to have 'house guests' any more.

Shame....I was getting quite fond of our wayward spirit.

My wife attracts them.  All of my childhood was spent trying to see 'ghosts' with no success.  My wife, her mother, and now my youngest granddaughter have the sight.  I have witnessed electrical phenomena like the tv turning on by itself, lights flickering and the kitchen tap turning itself on.  They come and go, my wife is very good about gently moving them on.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hubby can see ghosts, he says they are all around me.  Once in a while I ask them all to leave.  I have only actually seen one ghost, he really caught me by suprise.  The ghost was the neighbors son who died young, I knew him by name and told him he was departed and to go to the light.  Never saw him again.  I did tell his Sister about my experience, I'm afraid it made her cry.

I have had bouts of precognition, usually there is not enough time to warn the person.  I can just see it coming.

Edited by Onyx
added something else
  • Like 1

Like Sagefire, I spent alot of my childhood hoping the sight would manifest. The closest I got was when my Aunt took me to a field and I used a divining rod while walking around. My sight got very blurry and it felt like something passed through me and then it was over (if you had asked me back then I could have provided more detail, unfortunately my memory isnt what it used to be). As a kid it made my day though! Then, there was one night, a few years back, that I woke suddenly and there was a floating(snarling) wolfs head. We made eye contact and it flew right over my head. It scared the ever living life out of me at the time. 

• Like 1

You know, sometimes the sight just happens when you are not expecting it.  Sorry, I just realised I'm repeating myself.

My partner was always fascinated in my ghostly ramblings but he is very matter-of-fact and told me once: 'I'm not saying I don't believe that you see things, but until I see them I'll always be a skeptic'. 

So i respected his point of view and left it at that.

Then one night he had picked me up from my workplace (I was working a late shift until 10pm) and we were driving home. It was a long quiet stretch of road and suddenly I got goosebumps - and almost simultaneously my partner screeched the car to a halt in the middle of the road. 

I was so busy checking to make sure there was no other traffic and catching my breath that I didn't realise how shocked he looked until he started driving again.

I asked him what had happened, and he said 'there was a sudden blinding light that hurt my eyes for a few seconds and I couldn't see through it so I stopped the car for fear of driving off the road into something'. 

We got home safely and I forgot about the situation for a while, just putting it down to one of those nights.

Then I was visiting with my brother (who also sees things) and we got talking about strange occurrences (as we so often do). He was telling me that he was driving along that same patch of road (this time going to work) and he had been the first on the scene to a motorcycle accident. 

My brother is a first-aider so he got out of his car and waited with the injured man until the ambulance arrived - but unfortunately the man died of his injuries.

I asked my brother why had he never mentioned this before? He replied 'it was too traumatic and I didn't feel comfortable talking about it up until now'. I then asked him which part of the road had the accident occurred and he described the exact place where my partner had screeched to a halt. So I went home and told my partner.

He has never questioned me seeing strange phenomena since..

It's my humble theory that places where traumatic energy was discharged hold a residual that can be percieved.  Further, I believe that ancient humans who lived as part of nature rather than beside it  had a sense for these energies, and perhaps more senses besides.  Since we no longer use these senses to survive, many people have lost them through conditional evolution.  Since the human brain is hardwired for altered states, it seems natural that despite the dulling of these perceptions, some places are so strong with these residuals that we can still pick them up...

• Like 1

I believe that places, where great trauma has occured,  will carry a psychic imprint.  I experienced this at the site of the Battle of Cullodon, in Scotland.  I could taste blood in my mouth and could feel the frenzied energy.  It was a very uncomfortable place to be.