I genuinely have a question as I have been seeing this quite a lot lately, and am new to seeing such a thing.  There are times when I am just admiring the beauty of the woods and I will see a shadow "human" figure whether as part of or in front of a tree trunk.  These shadow figures have not moved or anything, they are just there.  My thought is that they are a spirit of the tree.  I am not sure if that is correct.  Anyone else ever see this?  

Don't feel like you are alone in this.  I saw these shapes in trees, rocks and running water ever since I was a kid.  They may be Dryads and other spirits but I think some of us have the ability to see different aspects of the living Earth and that these shadows are simply the way we perceive the life energy that surounds us.  Trees especially aren't readily eager to share themselves with humans so I believe that being able to see them on this level is a special gift that for me provides a sense of comfort in the woods and inspires my creativity.

• Upvote 1

Definatly Dryads, tree spirits.  I have one  I honor, that inhabits my Apple Tree.

• Upvote 1