Sign in to follow this  
Sagefire

Farm Spirits...

I have decided on a complete magickal protection overhaul for the farm.  Now I know there are many Norse and Celtic traditions centered around the family farmstead, but not a whole lot is available for perusal.  Guardian stones at all 4 corners should be maintained with offerings and protective spells.  The wild areas of the farm must be maintained with love and respect and the spirits therein honored, each field should have a hagstone protector and each animal pen should be protected with sigils and runes.  Any gate should also be protected, especially the main entrance. Each farm has a spirit entity that embodies the nature of the land and he bounty it produces.  I would like to find images of such spirits.  Has anyone seen such a thing?

Maybe your could have the elemental watchtowers guarding the corners of the property, inscribe an image on a stone, or large rock if you have the means to place one.

I would draw my own protective runes, indecipherable to others.  I like where you are going with your ideas.  I will keep a look out for images of protective land spirits  Landwrights seem to ring a bell or landwraiths, hummm...

If you want to find an idol to represent the land vaetter or genius loci of your land I suggest making offerings, and asking for the spirit to show itself, maybe give you a name to call it by. And then you might be able to fashion the idol from clay or wood if you’re so talented.

This sounds like a fun protect for you. I hope it goes well.

• Upvote 1

I like both of these suggestions very much.  I now have the tools to carve my watch stones and I would like to carve a spirit image of wood to put on the barn and house, I just need to see an example...

http://www.heathenhof.com/making-your-own-butzemann/  I have just a small yard and did one for the first time this year. Basically a poppet/scarecrow used during growing season. i love him and he has done great job with all the plants and herbs I have going. You do need to burn him before sunset Halloween when Holda pulls the all spirits on the Wild Hunt and it's left empty but I adore mine so much. 

Sign in to follow this