Sign in to follow this  
Sagefire

Drained...

Sorry I haven't been very present of late.  I find this new format difficult to work with.

That said, I am wondering if anyone else is feeling as though they are being drained of their very essence.  Like a hollow bone, dry with the marrow sucked out.  lately I feel like I am blindfolded running backward up a hill with only one leg.  Everything is such a struggle.

I continue to be artistically inspired, in fact I am teaching myself woodcarving but when it comes to actually crafting I can't get moving.  I need to go into the woods and get centered and gather materials but I just can't seem to be bothered.

Working magick feels like a chore and despite the desire to embrace it, the energy just isn't there.

I went into the rock shop in search of a large smokey quartz for a staff head I am designing and I found 3 good candidates, but when I picked them up, nothing.  I walked out empty handed and the piece remains a chunk of wood and a couple of crude drawings.

Maybe I just need to increase my morning cabernet intake.🍷

Maybe you want to learn something new, rather than do magick currently. Or maybe you’d like to do a road opening to get a more magically exciting practice going.

New books usually do a good job in igniting my Magickal passions. And a road opening ritual can be used for just about any purpose, even attaining a more exciting life.

Sorry to hear you're feeling drained, Sagefire. It's understandable given the current issues. Have you tried exercises to help move energy around your body? Sometimes I find ballet or yoga exercises get my flow going again. Or magical exercises where I focus on moving energy/magic around my body. If you feel physically tired, have you tried an adaptogen? Obviously, not all of them are suitable for everyone, but it's possible that could help. Sometimes we all have patches where we don't do as much crafting though, perhaps you need a quieter magical patch and you'll burst back into life refreshed and inspired after. 

It's 2020, year of changes. Take it easy on yourself, sounds like a change is coming. Believe it or not, your intuition knows & it's conserving energy.

Hey Sagefire!  I can envision you "on pointe" with your ballet slippers, black of course.

Yes, I have apathy looming over me, as well.  I had a candle spell ready to go, it took me a week to remember to light it.  I finally did it.  I am spending lots of time in the garden and walking at the park.  Always looking for a nice stick to make a wand from.  I am the Queen of Wands!

Sign in to follow this